Making an MVP06 DVD?

RedSoxFox7

Would it be possible for me to take the data from my two MVP05 discs, copy them to my hard drive, replace the stadiums, rosters, etc. with the LL version of the 06 update, and burn it onto a single DVD?

Would I be able to install and run MVP with just that DVD?

I'm thinking I might run into problems running it without using disc 2, but there are ways around that. Would I still be able to install from a DVD?

Unless you mount a mini cd image, there is not way around it. The last CD crack released was before EA fixed a lot of issues

Right, I know about the mini cd image, I just didn't want to break any rules of the forum by mentioning it specifically. That's why I simply said "but there are ways around that."

But would the rest of it work? Just putting it all on one DVD and installing like that?

Or actually, for that matter, is EA's install program even necessary? Or could I just copy all the data from disc to HDD on my own?

I completely agree with what RedSoxFox7 is trying to do. I would like to back the game up myself.

As for the eBay stuff, I remember after 9/11 there were a bunch of people trying to cash in by selling things like Post Cards and what not. Everyone was bidding millions - literally - on the items. That way the sleezballs got hit with a huge commission. :twisted:

Even though I'm still really green behind the ears here, I did notice that a lot of community members have a strong sense of comradely here. I thought that was a great solution then and I'd kill one negative feedback for anyone cashing in on everyone here's [hard] work.

Archived