Pitching Meter Fix ... but 1 question remains ! ...

danriggs

Well thanks to SwinginSoriano , he told me to replace the original datafile from the mvp 05 cd , and sure enough it returned the old pitching meter.

Everything else from mvp 06 mod seems to be intact , but my question = this ....

What does replacing the datafile do? Other then replacing the camera angles, and original pitching meter to default , anyone know? Thanks =)

this needed a new thread?

here is what the datafile contains it can be found in the readme file for the mod

#4 Datafile

Started with MaddiesDaddy datafile

MaddiesDaddy's datafile contains:

* Infielder Fielding Position Changes

* Trues' batting camera #4

* Spitoon Walk fix

What was added:

* SerialMike's Walk and Strikeout fix

* Pared's behind the pitcher camera #6

* Spitoon changes to move outfielders back

* abhall's High Heat" Low Batting view camera #5

BTW there is a kick *** datafile with all new fielding angles in the official datafile thread for 06

http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?name=Foru...ewtopic&t=17639

Yea I think I might revert to the one you guys included, I don't like the new meter 100% ... but it deffinetly gives more of a challenge. Pitching is very easy compared now that I am using the old one, I play on mvp but still its soooo easy . Thanks for the reply kraw ; )

The plus of the mod is it makes pitching much more difficult (not to mention the rosters, stadiums, jerseys etc etc.) , the downside of the mod is pitching is much more difficult :D

try my sliders with the full mod and see if it helps your pitching it will NOT increase the green it will increase the brown. What it essentially does is takes away pinpoint control but wont get you rocked.

It's a good challenge but I finally just put the old datafile back regretabley so. I play on mvp so its pretty much literally impossible to hit the pitch marker in the middle of the orange (invisible green), on mvp mode at least. It's just not possible and my coordination is pretty damn good to be honest, I always get it in the orange but no where in the middle with the new mvp 06 mod.

Even with the old datafile (pitching meter normal now), its still worth it to run mvp mod 06 .... it stutters when ball thrown to first base slightly but thats my only gripe, new stadiums, new banner ad's, new uniforms, all make this game rock again. Nevermind the kick **** music in the menus ; )

you guys are truly missing out by using a default datafile

the point of the mod is to give the game a new feel

I totally agree with you. The new datafile is amazing! If you're not happy with the pitching meter, go in the tunings of hte game and just put the user pitch meter difficulty to 30 and the user pitch control to 5 and you'll see that the meter will be more like the "original" one, even if you are using the new datafile.

Wow really man? I put the user pitch difficulty slider to like 30 and 50 , but it was totally innacurate even though alot of the green came back. But I didn't even try messing with user pitch control!!! That will give the control back? Man if so I am reallly stoked now, thanks alot : )

• 2 weeks later...

I totally agree with you. The new datafile is amazing! If you're not happy with the pitching meter, go in the tunings of hte game and just put the user pitch meter difficulty to 30 and the user pitch control to 5 and you'll see that the meter will be more like the "original" one, even if you are using the new datafile.

I can't remember who did it, but the pitcher's view is much better farther back and always to the right of the pitcher...it's not realistic to have the camera switch positions when lefties/righties are up...how to fix this?

Archived