TeamFuzZ TOTAL CLASSIC Roster Set including logos/portraits.

fuzzone

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok, 1977 reds done and so are the 41 redsox/yankees.

now i need the met for the 73 California Angels.I'd like to make a cubs team also, but that's really all on who wants a cubs team done.

after the 73 angels are completed, we'll(we being anyone that cares) be 8 team packages shy of a total roster set.

feel free to make your own met file, portraits, or logos and contact me.

Great webiste for all-time teams...excellent. and the Neyer batting lineup book is great, also you may want to check out the Neyer & James guide to pitchers.

Not all great teams are defined by statistical bliss...look at the 90 Reds team that shocked everyone but red fans by beating the 90 juggernaut Athletics...

Similarly, if you were a fan of the reds in the 60s and 70s you would perhaps have seen either live tv or a tape of the World Series between the Reds and the BoSox from 75. I need not remind you of the fact that the 75 reds won 108 games whereas the 76 Reds won 102 and the 90 Reds won only 91, but the 72 Reds where a great team beaten by the A's in 7 and that team won 95.The 1970 team won 102.

The real issue in comparing Reds teams might lie in subtlety...

alas...which team actually made it to the Series...the 75 one. I know this sounds awful but being a long-suffering Cub fan (there really isn't any other kind) I am painfully an observer of the Reds, not to mention having extended family living in Cinci...I am all too aware of the great Reds teams. Plus...I still don't forgive the umpires for calling Ron Cey's Hr to left at Wrigley foul vs. the Reds in 1984 when it was clearly fair. Such things remain for years...

I wasn't planning on making teams but if I can figure out how these Met files are created I would be willing to ship them to you. I will give it a look and then get back to you with at the very least a 1984 Cub team.

Great webiste for all-time teams...excellent. and the Neyer batting lineup book is great, also you may want to check out the Neyer & James guide to pitchers.

Yep pre ordered it, Got it a few weeks ago

Not all great teams are defined by statistical bliss...look at the 90 Reds team that shocked everyone but red fans by beating the 90 juggernaut Athletics...

Similarly, if you were a fan of the reds in the 60s and 70s you would perhaps have seen either live tv or a tape of the World Series between the Reds and the BoSox from 75. I need not remind you of the fact that the 75 reds won 108 games whereas the 76 Reds won 102 and the 90 Reds won only 91, but the 72 Reds where a great team beaten by the A's in 7 and that team won 95.The 1970 team won 102.

The real issue in comparing Reds teams might lie in subtlety...

alas...which team actually made it to the Series...the 75 one. I know this sounds awful but being a long-suffering Cub fan (there really isn't any other kind) I am painfully an observer of the Reds, not to mention having extended family living in Cinci...I am all too aware of the great Reds teams. Plus...I still don't forgive the umpires for calling Ron Cey's Hr to left at Wrigley foul vs. the Reds in 1984 when it was clearly fair. Such things remain for years...

the reds made it to the world series in 70, 72, 75, 76

You you are saying the 76 Reds are a better team because the sweep the world series right. If you have to go to the WS to be a good team then it would stand to reason if you sweep the WS you much be better than a team the barely scraped by in 7 games.

I picked the 77 Reds btw because the stats were good and Foster hit 52 HR that season, Only player in the decade of the 70's to hit 50 or more

Actually...your point is interesting. I find my 84 Cubs to be better than a lot of teams but only because of enjoyment they brought me watching that team...more than in 89 or 98 and well last year's team is just heartbreaking...kind of like 84.

As for the Reds I would say the 75 team was better than the 76 team mainly because it was the culmination of several great Red seasons...and the fact that they hadn't won in 70 or 61...they lost in the 73 playoffs to the mets and it was just a wonderful world series. But why quibble they were both good teams. It would have been nice though to see that juggernaut 77 reds at least make the playoffs...it isn't comparable but Andre Dawson hit 49 HRs to lead the frickin' league in 1987 but for a last place Cub team... The fact that Foster hit so many was remarkable just like Dawson...but I imagine he would have traded some of those homers in for another ring and a three peat Red team would look better than a back-to-back.

Hey K,

On the baseball page with the all-time teams

Did you see some of the honorable mentions...Ray King for the Cubs as one of the all-time greats...I need to watch out I almost fell out of my chair.

The methodology must be flawed!! I hope.

If I knew better I would put my vast resources to work and compile a great all-time list for each team...at least the Red's all-time team looks solid even the honorable mentions are.

Not to say that the reds are a better stocked team than the cubs...hell the cubbies owned baseball at the turn of the 19th century...

I'll try to make a met file for the indians but if I can't learn it than I could be that portrait assembly line worker you were talking about. :D

if you cant do it let me know what year are you trying to do. i'll put it together and while i'm doing that you can hunt down photots of the team. then fuzz can do logos. btw fuzz are you doing uni's for these teams?

The 1995 Tribe

C Tony Pena

1B Paul Sorrento

2B Carlos Baerga

SS Omar Vizquel

3B Jim Thome

LF Albert Belle

CF Kenny Lofton

RF Manny Ramirez

DH Eddie Murray

Backups

C Sandy Alomar Jr.

OF Wayne Kirby

1B Herb Perry

IF Alvaro Espinosa

OF Dave Winfield

Pitchers

Starters

Denny Martinez

Orel Hershiser

Charles Nagy

Mark Clark

Chad Ogea

Relievers

Ken Hill

Eric Plunk

Julian Tavarez

Jim Poole

Jose Mesa

if you cant do it let me know what year are you trying to do. i'll put it together and while i'm doing that you can hunt down photots of the team. then fuzz can do logos. btw fuzz are you doing uni's for these teams?

the uniforms for the teams? loooOOL.ofcourse not.

So far-to go along with thie oldtime rosters we've got-Classic Yankee stadium, Ebbets Field, Polo Grounds, Crosley Field, Griffiths Park.

It would be cool if someone could do Old time Fenway, Franklin Field,

Comiskey Park........

ok im leaning towards the met's from

1969 Cubs

1969 Mets

1974 A's

1980 Expos

1982 Brewers

1968 Tigers

1954 Indians

1970 Orioles

from capa and alextony's however, this is still open for discussion and i'm open for whatever met files anyone else creates.

Archived