TeamFuzZ TOTAL CLASSIC Roster Set including logos/portraits.

fuzzone

I am currently working on the 1984 Cubs (I'm just about done with the met file, then I'll do the portraits). Would you be interested in including that team instead if the 1964 Cubs, since the Cubs weren't all that great that year, and the 1969 Cubs have many of the same players?

84 cubs would be awesome. i'd be interested. if fuzz isn't interested, let me know when you're done and you can email it to me for my own personal use :D

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why the 69 Cubs instead of the 64 Cubs? I'm sure every Cubs fan will tell you they'd rather have the 69 Cubs.

One more question. How much of what the Lahman's database imports is accurate? Are the stamina and pickoff meter's accurate or do I need to fix them?

Thanks

Why the 69 Cubs instead of the 64 Cubs? I'm sure every Cubs fan will tell you they'd rather have the 69 Cubs.

One more question. How much of what the Lahman's database imports is accurate? Are the stamina and pickoff meter's accurate or do I need to fix them?

Thanks

I created the 69 Cubs because I remember them battling the Mets in 69 when I was a kid. Lots of my fave players - Santo, Williams, Banks, etc.

Lahman db will give you the basics on the player...ht, wt, throwing hand, batting stats, etc. Nothing in there for types of picthes, pickoff ratings, speed, etc. All that attribute stuff is subjective and the work of whoever creates the team file or package. Some guys rate runners anywhere from 10 - 100, and others use a 30-90 scale...it's all subjective.

DL the db and take a look at what it contains and match it up to what MVPEDIT imports...it's a good start but you need to do alot fo editing on a ton of attributes and information to get the team correct...

C

Thats what I though, but it seemed as if it somehow already had the correct stamina for most of the pitchers. Must have just been a coinsidence.

I finished up with the hitters, and simmed a few season to make sure their stats lined up with what they should be (would you believe that the 1984 Cubs offense with the current Cubs pitching staff could get last place :shock: ?). I simmed 3 years (not consecutively), and the first time they won the division by a lot, the second time they got last place (by a lot), and then the third time they won the division (by a lot). There were no key injuries or anything either. Is the game that random?

Now the fun part, the pitchers :? Is there a good place to find out what pitchers threw what pitches, and at what velocity?

Thanks

i guess theres no real reason why we can't have 64,69,and an 80's cubs teams.

i know 64 and 69 cubs are similar but i've already created and completed the 64 cubs way before there was any mention of the 69 cubs. If you check past threads, i gave the chance for everyone to nominate teams.

24 teams done, 6 more to go.....come on folks!! everyone's releasing roster sets, this one's going to have logos and portraits so get EXCITED DAMN IT@!!!

1-1982 Milwaukee Brewers(Completed with Portraits/logos/Met)

2-1918 Red Sox (Completed with portraits/logos/met)

3-1973 California Angels (Completed with portraits/logos/Met)

4-1941 N.Y Yankees (Completed with portraits/logos/met2.0)

5-1941 Boston Red Sox (Completed with portraits/logos/met2.0)

6-1977 Reds (will revise krawhithams package with logos)

7-1954 N.Y Giants (Completed with portraits/logos/and updated met)

8-1964 Chicago Cubs (Completed with portraits/logos/and updated met)

9-1927 New York Yankees (Completed with portraits/logos/met)

10-1986 N.Y. Mets (Completed with portraits/logos/and updated met)

11-1948 St. Louis Browns (Completed portraits/logos/and updated met)

12-1973 N.Y. Mets (Completed with Logos/Portraits/Met)

13-1987 Cardinals (Completed with portraits/logos/and updated met)

14-1919 White Sox (Completed with portraits/logos/and updated met)

15-1964 Colts (Completed with portraits/logos/and updated met)

16-1965 Wash. Senators (Completed with portraits/logos/updated met)

17-1961 Pittsburgh Pirates (Completed with portraits/logos/updated met)

18-1957 Brooklyn Dodgers (Completed with portraits/logos/updated met)

19-1961 N.Y. Yankees (Completed with portraits/logos/and updated met)

20-1986 Boston Red Sox (Completed with portraits/logos/updated met)

21-1990 Cincy Reds (Completed with portraits/logos/and updated met)

22-1969 Seattle Pilots (Completed with portraits/logos/and updated met)

23-1988 L.A. Dodgers (Completed with portraits/logos/and updated met)

24-1978 N.Y. Yankees (Completed with portraits/logos/and updated met)

what should be next in progress

25-69 Cubs(met completed, waiting on logos/portraits)

26-1978 Red Sox(need met file for this?)

27-1957 Milwaukee braves(met file completed, waiting on logos/portraits)

28-1965 Twins(met completed, waiting on logos/portraits)

29-1974 A's(met completed, waiting on logos/portraits)

30-1968 Tigers(logos completed,met completed, waiting on portraits)

I would have really liked to see a padres team,expos team,orindians team, but all the slots are filled now so don't think i shut the royals out on purpose.

ok pretty much everything is completed. Still waiting on Frank to finish up the Twins logos, im waiting on portraits, and a 78 red sox met file. I think i was supposed to do that one though but im not sure anymore.

ok roster set is done. except for the 78 Red Sox(need met file, too lazy to make it myself :))

you will not need studio or mvpedit to install the roster set. I've received an email regarding that.

the roster set will include: required dat files, portraits.big,logos.big, and loc files. That's it. All you will have to do is copy over to your mvp2004 data directory.

Hope you guys like it.

great job on the 78 red sox. i like. a lot.

thanks. funny thing is i spent more time on that than i did the 41 yankees. probably because there is more info on the players and because i wanted it to be as accurate as possible so no one can say i half a$$ed it because it's the red sox.

hey kc, are you downloading and trying out the packages?

if so, which one do you like the most?

yankees1979, you know whats a hot package, the 74 A's. You're gonna love that badboy!!

by the way, 1968 Tigers and 1978 Red Sox Packages Are Uploaded!

it's actually done, and i have all zipped up too, but it makes no sense to release before releasing all the packages first. The packages give the downloader the choice of where to install the team package.

Besides, still making sure there aren't any errors or anything odd.

I'm also wondering if i should remove the 64 cubs and have the 1998 Yankees or keep the 64 Cubs and forget the 98 yankees. I guess there's a lot of yankee teams in this roster set already(FOUR!! 27,41,78,61)

Archived