The New Busch Stadium Released

Pirate

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know I'm not supposed to worship false idols, but Pirate, you are a god.

One question though for anybody who could answer it. Is there a way to keep the old Busch Stadium in the game, by overwriting a different stadium? It would be cool to have it around as a classic stadium.

To keep the old Busch copy the old bushday.big and bushnite.big files paste them somewhere safe and rename them to what ever stadium you wish to overwrite. Put them back into the stadium folder. If you want the replay cameras and the like updated you need to do more work.

In the datafile.big are the cameras, bushday.txt and bushnite.txt extract them using eagraph rename them to the stadium you are overwriting and put them back in using eagraph. The stadium select screens are in the stadiums.big file in the frontend folder. Extract stl.fsh and stln.fsh with Eagraph again rename them and import them back in.

I am glad it is working for you guys.

I know I'm not supposed to worship false idols, but Pirate, you are a god.

One question though for anybody who could answer it. Is there a way to keep the old Busch Stadium in the game, by overwriting a different stadium? It would be cool to have it around as a classic stadium.

Take the old Busch files and rename them to whatever stadium you would like them to replace.

so, buschday.big or whatever to say...vetday.big or whatever. Then, you'd have to go about editing the .loc file for the names, the audio tags for the stadium and the selection screen image.

You know what, don't bother. :lol:

CURSE YOU MVPMODS! When I was able to play last night the download hadn't been approved. Now I have to sit here for 5 more hours before I can race home to get it. Just my luck the forums will probably be down at that point.

OK. I believe all is well with the stadium and it running on most computers. I look in my email and bhutsell has provided me with more than a dozen emails full of Busch Photos. So I will be updating this stadium one final time between now and Saturday. I will add some more advertisemts and sponsors and do a few more updates. This would not have been possible without his assistance. He really went out of his way.

Pirate, one request. Could you list the files that are altered when you run the Pirate.exe so I can back them up or restore them if needed?

Thanks. And thanks for another GREAT masterpiece.

Hey Pirate, in left field there looks like a piece of the wall might just miss meeting the other part. It is about where the left fielder stands. I know it's a 2 second fix and since you are doing some other updates I mention. Otherwise it wouldn't be a big deal.

This plays GREAT! I love the feel, too bad I hate the datafiles with MVP2006.

Hit a bomb 2 rows away from the top of the left field seats. I thought for sure it was leaving the park.

I'll look at it. I have tried to close that gap since I began this project. I'll get it.

How'd do you like the homerun screen? I had to give Mr. Buck a nod.

The files are:

bushday.big - in stadiums folder

bushnite.big - in stadiums folder

bushday.txt - in datafile.big

bushnite.txt - in datafile.big

stl.fsh - in stadiums.big - in frontend folder

stln.fsh - in stadium.big - in frontend folder

stlf.fsh - in fields.big - in frontend folder

Hey, Pirate I noticed it right at the end of the game down 5-2 with two out and a blast to right for the grand slam. What a game that was my first game in the new Busch stadium. Thanks again! By the way I like the easy install very pro.15.gif

Are the fans wearing all the Cardinals gear part of the mod or has that always been there? I sure would like for my fans in Atlanta to look like that. They look like different fans too. I'm tired of always seeing the Earl Hickey look-alike in the crowd.

Like this Texas one with generic fans:

tex1qj.th.jpg

compared to Pirates St Louis fans:

stl8sy.th.jpg

Great work Pirate, it looks really nice. :)

One thing I noticed, I overthrew 1st base on a pickoff in the 13th inning and the ball went on to eternity. Luckily they called it out of play, but I've never had that happen before. Is that usual?

I know it's starting to seem silly, but this stadium is too much fun not to post screencaps:

New Busch Stadium, Same old Story:

St. Louis - While everything may still smell new, nothing about this Cardinals team has changed. Wednesday facing the Philadelphia Phillies, the game seemed all but over when closer Tom Gordon made his way to the bump.

Behind 5-2 in the bottom of the 9th with 1 out, David Eckstein gets things rolling for the Cardinals with a seeing eye single to right field. Moving the runner over to second, Juan Encarnacion hits a sharp ball to the first baseman. Due up next is the Cardinals hero Albert Pujols. 0 for 4 on the day, Pujols finally breaks through with a rope to the right fielder. 1st and 2nd, two outs with Jim Edmonds coming to the dish.

Gordon never gets a strike on Edmonds. Crowding up on the plate, Gordon tries to pump one up and in on the Cardinals CF. Even with his diminished bat speed, that pitch is where Jim Edmonds lives. The ball landed some where beyond the right field bleachers an estimated 484 feet.

The Cardinals would hold the tie until the 13 inning when with 1 strike on him Scott Rolen would park the Cardinals 4th homerun of the day underneath the shadow to the left field brick tower.

Isringhausen allowed the lead off hitter on in each of his 3 innings of relief yet not a single man plated as he picked up the win.

Archived