The New Busch Stadium Released

Pirate

Is it the old busch that is showing? As in the stock EA version. Becuase it should be updated.

I've got the problem but I'm sure it has something to do with the '06 mod, cuz it's the "panning" busch stadium screen that matches all the other panning '06 stadium select screens.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Pirate, I don't know if anyone has told you that during any of the cut-scene movies between innings or during the opening scene of a game, the jumbotrons on both scoreboards disapear. I thought a way to fix this would be to simply white out the part of the alpha where the jumbotrons would be on the actual scoreboard structure so that it would at least show an empty black area where the jumbotrons are so it would appear that nothing was yet being shown on the jumbotrons

The 06 mod does override mine. THey installed the info into two files it's wierd. Sorry can't do anything about that. I don't use the 06 mod.

As for the jumbo: Mine does not do that. It may be an overlay you are using. My videoboard remains throughout the game. There are so manymods that change things I can only assure this stadium works with my configuration.

Pirate, here are some awesome pictures off of the ESPN website. These should help you refine the city view behind the stadium, if you choose to do so. Check on the arch width, it looks to be too wide in your latest release, but I'm being picky :D .

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/flash/zoomG...lleryId=2403785

Specifically pictures 10 and 15. All in all, awesome work! By the way, I read something about you guys wondering what the dimensions were. Here are the most recently updated ones that I have found, but there still seems to be some confusion:

LF: 336

LC: 375

Power (L): 385

Center: 400

Power ®: 385

RC: 375

RF: 335

• 4 weeks later...

I got the stadium to work. Its wonderful.

Only problem is, and this is the major flaw, is that you cannot get people out by stepping on first base.

It seems 3rd base and first base have been flip-flopped, so you inorder to throw guys out at first, you have to throw to THIRD.

I'm sure this has been discussed before, but i think this is the only glitch in the stadium other than the occassional crash by low-end gfx cards.

Yeah I haven't had any problems whatsoever playing it.

One question Pirate. They recently put up retired numbers on the wall along with player pictures (similar to what is up Dodger Stadium). Are you planning on doing any updating of the stadium, or are you done? It would be pretty sweet to have in the game. I wish I had pictures to show you what I'm talking about.

Yeah I haven't had any problems whatsoever playing it.

One question Pirate. They recently put up retired numbers on the wall along with player pictures (similar to what is up Dodger Stadium). Are you planning on doing any updating of the stadium, or are you done? It would be pretty sweet to have in the game. I wish I had pictures to show you what I'm talking about.

The Dodgers don't have that design on the wall anymore. They dumped it last year for plain dark blue walls. This year, they switched to the light blue.

Is the Cardinals' wall similar to the left field wall at US Cellular Field? I don't mind the wall as USCF much, because it is solid colors - white faces and numbers on a green wall. However, I always hated to gradient screen printing garbage that the Dodgers and Braves had on their walls. It looked cheap to me. What does Busch's wall look like?

pirate... just somethin i noticed and im not sure if it has been brought up before but, on the new busch, the hardees ad in centerfield says... "better ballpark soon, better burger now"... im not nitpicking or complaining or saying u should re-release with it fixed or anything... just pointing it out... i found it more humorous than annoying lol

I saw it yesterday. If i can get some photos, which I think I can I might be able to update it. But don't count on it.

There is a decent pic of the wall at cardinal-nation.com, from the May 12th game. Click to get to the slide show, then there will be a link to view the high-res photo (only 300+kb, but its a start).

Also noticed at the game the other day, a red LED board beneath the AG Edwards sign on the out of town scoreboard. Basically a stock ticker and AG Edwards ad.

Also, Pirate, I know you had said before that you would move the Bank of America sign, but I'm sure it wasn't really worthy of an updated release by itself. Could you incorporate that change also if you re-do the left field wall? Hitting off of sidearming righties is a pain, with the pitch running right through the white background.

Seems like I'm begging now, but did you have any luck with the moving of the bullpens?

Do you know if SeanO made any progress with the stadium dimensions/coordinates I had sent him?

The Dodgers don't have that design on the wall anymore. They dumped it last year for plain dark blue walls. This year, they switched to the light blue.

Is the Cardinals' wall similar to the left field wall at US Cellular Field? I don't mind the wall as USCF much, because it is solid colors - white faces and numbers on a green wall. However, I always hated to gradient screen printing garbage that the Dodgers and Braves had on their walls. It looked cheap to me. What does Busch's wall look like?

I strongly disagree with the comment about the past Dodger Stadium wall with the famous Dodger players looking lousy. I have been on the field next to the wall and it looked great and gave the field even more of a historical feel to it.

To have it modded into MVP two years ago was really special and it is far and away my favorite Dodger Stadium mod for that wall alone and I continue to use that mod because of the pictures on the wall.

I would love to use Pirate's latest Dodger Stadium mod if he could do a version with the player pics on the wall for old time sake. I think the Dodgers made a huge mistake taking that down, probably for the extra space for ad revenue. :x

• 1 month later...

I've downloaded the new Busch Stadium twice and re-installed, however I'm still only getting the night version of the new stadium. When I go to a day game, the new stadium shows in the preview but when the game starts, it's the old Busch Stadium daytime version. Any ideas or help on this? I've searched this thread and don't see any answer. By the way, it is a great looking stadium that's been modded here!

Sorry for the double post...but I went back and saw that the bushday file wasn't in the stadium folder. I manually copied it from the download and placed it there, and now it works. I haven't played a full game yet in that daytime version ballpark, but hopefully everything will work fine.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived