The New Busch Stadium Released

Pirate

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I already posted this in your "preview" thread, but I wasn't totally sure you were still checking that, so I figured I'd repost it here, just in case you were interested:

I just noticed something... I guess it's not a big deal, but I just wasn't sure if you'd noticed, Pirate: You have the left field stands correct, but on the right field side, you have the upper decks all end at the foul pole. In reality, they actually extend 1 to 1-and-a-half sections into fair territory. What I'm saying is you can hit a HR into the upper decks along BOTH foul lines in real life, but in your version it's only possible along the left field line.

Like I said, it's not a big deal, but I wasn't sure if you'd just not noticed it.

Anyway - I have now played a BUNCH of games in both the day and night versions - and they are simply AWESOME. Thank you so much, again, for all your amazing work.

I was just playing the updated version and I noticed something... and then I saw it in your preview shots above as well... why is the roof of the coke pavillion and the batter's eye and everything just all blue and washed out looking now? Instead of brick and stuff... and the Ford advertisement is missing as well.

Or did my install fail somehow? Thanks!

I've been waiting for this stadium mod, it looks great. Thanks for your hard work.

Question?

I tried using the grass changer program and it did'nt work on this file. Anybody have any ideas to stop the shinny grass. I also noticed that the overhang and/or the crowd covers some replay shots.

hmm I think I need a little help here, so out with the stupid question :D

I placed the pirate.exe and the install folder into my main MVP baseball directory, then ran the pirate installer it asked for a directory (I again chose the main directory) and low and behold I still have last years version for my Busch.

Now obviously I am missing something because I am kinda slow (pucks to the head will do that to you :D ) I also tried setting the directory to the stadiums folder without any success.

Any ideas because I am just clueless. (Again not a big shock)

The camera angles are normal. I'm not sure but I think it's either because the stadium replays are gonna have cameras from angles that were set for Old Busch, or for The Ballpark At Arlington.

I was just playing the updated version and I noticed something... and then I saw it in your preview shots above as well... why is the roof of the coke pavillion and the batter's eye and everything just all blue and washed out looking now? Instead of brick and stuff... and the Ford advertisement is missing as well.

Or did my install fail somehow? Thanks!

It's black and that is what it looks like. The ads do not show during the game. Inn fact there are no photos of the ads from the game, but it is always black during game play.

The crowd and the stands are stuck as they are.

This is the final version.

Pirate, the stadium is awesome, unfortunately Derek Lee hit the first bomb there off of me before I even had a chance to hit with the Cards. More errors have been made than I've ever seen, too. Don't know why.

I don't think the batter's eye changed to show an ad during the entire exhibition game, thus, no pics. EDIT - Also, I think the pic I sent you of the batter's eye was a little washed out. I'll take a few more pics on opening day and hopefully it will come out a truer black. You can replace it if you feel like it would improve the stadium.

A few issues that haven't been mentioned yet:

In left, the Dobbs, ShopNSave, etc. signs should be a few feet behind the wall with a planted area between them and the wall. I assume a ball hit off of these signs will be a homerun, but with no yellow line on the wall yet, I can't be sure. Anyway, I hit a ball out there with Eckstein, and it hit a foot or so above those signs and came back in for a double. I assume it is similar in right field.

Another homer landed in the home bullpen, and as it was rolling around, it was hovering about 5 feet above the bullpen floor (which in Busch, is cheesy outdoor carpeting).

Also, is there any way to relocate the Bank of America billboard, or did you simply replace the signs in Arlington? It kind of jumps out at you when it is on the cf wall when hitting.

I also didn't get the New Busch stadium select screen to install. Maybe something was set to read only from a previous install. No big deal.

I'll send SeanO the CAD file I'd drawn the stadium layout in, so he can adjust the locations of the wall vertices, bleachers, and the scoreboard and batter's eye/CF turf distances. Those should all be fairly accurate from the drawing I had. Those are probably more important than getting infield boxes/aisles, deck locations, etc. correct.

And yeah, some of the camera angles are kinda scary when the zombie fans pop up in your face... Why they are facing away from the field is odd.

I don't think the batter's eye changed to show an ad during the entire exhibition game, thus, no pics. EDIT - Also, I think the pic I sent you of the batter's eye was a little washed out. I'll take a few more pics on opening day and hopefully it will come out a truer black. You can replace it if you feel like it would improve the stadium.

No need the pics you got were fine. Maybe i just need to darken it even further. I really went to town with the color balance and brightness. We'll see what I can do.

A few issues that haven't been mentioned yet:

In left, the Dobbs, ShopNSave, etc. signs should be a few feet behind the wall with a planted area between them and the wall. I assume a ball hit off of these signs will be a homerun, but with no yellow line on the wall yet, I can't be sure. Anyway, I hit a ball out there with Eckstein, and it hit a foot or so above those signs and came back in for a double. I assume it is similar in right field.

Those ads are placed as best as i could. They are behind the wall., but I will look at moving them farther back. The ball bouncing back for a double is a concern and I will look at it on Saturday. It's the wall.dat. I must have missed some figures when loweriing the wall. Poop.

Another homer landed in the home bullpen, and as it was rolling around, it was hovering about 5 feet above the bullpen floor (which in Busch, is cheesy outdoor carpeting).

That is going to happen. The pitchers will hover too. In the base stadium the ground is elevated behind the wall. I have no idea why but EA makes some crazy things in these games. So for aestetics when playing the game, regardless of warming up pitchers I lowered the ground so it would look more like Busch when you look through the fence.

Also, is there any way to relocate the Bank of America billboard, or did you simply replace the signs in Arlington? It kind of jumps out at you when it is on the cf wall when hitting.

That is an oversight on my part. I can move it. To a better location. I kind of threw them up there.

I also didn't get the New Busch stadium select screen to install. Maybe something was set to read only from a previous install. No big deal.

No idea why that didn't work. It should have. You have the old Busch in there but the stadium installed? That is wierd. Try it again.

And yeah, some of the camera angles are kinda scary when the zombie fans pop up in your face... Why they are facing away from the field is odd.

Is this during the day only? I don't think I can do anything about it. I added the cameras from arlington so that they would be better but, I am not sure why it does that.

To be honest I could care less about the cameras, it doesn't affect the gameplay. The wall.dat concerns me. I'll look at these issues. I appreciate all the help.

I made an amazing breakthrough by accident! But that is how it works I guess. Bullpens are moveable. My Busch stadium has the wrong stadium datafile included. The visitor's bullpen is messed up accordingly. If I switch these files then the bullpens move.

I made an amazing breakthrough by accident! But that is how it works I guess. Bullpens are moveable. My Busch stadium has the wrong stadium datafile included. The visitor's bullpen is messed up accordingly. If I switch these files then the bullpens move.

Hey Pirate, I made a thread about this a few days ago but nobody bothered to look at it (link). Is this the same thing you found?

That is correct cubs720... That is what i fouund. Bhutsell not as easy as it sounds. At the moment I do not want to undertake this, but we will see. Play with what you have, well the new one with an updated wall.dat file that fixes the bouncing problem.

That is correct cubs720... That is what i fouund. Bhutsell not as easy as it sounds. At the moment I do not want to undertake this, but we will see. Play with what you have, well the new one with an updated wall.dat file that fixes the bouncing problem.

That's what I thought. I discovered that it might be the missing piece of the puzzle when I switched Fenway's datafile with Spring Training Stadium #1 and I then saw pitchers warming up in the farming field beyond right field. Anyway, I never got a chance to thank you for your nice addition to MVP. By far one of the best mods I have ever seen.

Archived