Anyone use "Earbuds"?

UncleMo

If so how are they? You know those headphones where you put the headphones into your ears? I hate those because they are uncomfortable but these are supposed to be even more comfortable and block out noise so you can hear your music better. How is that blocking out feature? Is it worth the $ and can you tell me which kind you have that is cheap and great in comfort/blocking out the noise? Thank you.

I need this for my mp3 player.

They're not bad...the headphones make u look like an "oldie"...most MP3 players and CD players come with earbuds now so you look like you're using something more than a few years old. You usually need to shell out $50-$100 bucks for a good pair that block out the noise. Then you don't have to deafen yourself by turning it up really loud.

Just my thoughts.

-BBHD

He's talking about earbuds, Dan. Mo, I've heard that the iPod ones are the best. My sister had an iPod, and when her old ones started to not work anymore (lots of usage, don't worry, they're durable), she had to have the iPod ones. They run about $40, but go looking on eBay for some. We got some for Christmas for my sister for ~$8 or so, plus shipping (from Hong Kong :roll:). Earbuds in general won't give you too much discomfort as opposed to regular headphones unless you really use them for prolonged amounts of time.

I'm no expert, but the more common term for what I think you're asking about are in-ear monitors or canal phones. They usually have a foam insert, flex sleeve, or multi-flange insert--and the fit can sometimes be uncomfortable depending on the size and material of the insert--to create a seal along the inside of your ear canal for pretty effective sound isolation.

I made an impulse buy of the Shure E2Cs at their retail price but they can be found online through eBay and some other retailers occasionaly for $60-$80. Short, non-expert opinion: I like 'em. They do provide pretty good sound isolation. If you like A LOT of bass rather than a "truer" sound you might not like them so much. They're no good for walking or running because you'll hear your footsteps. The comfort is really hit or miss with some people. At first, they felt a little weird and a little uncomfotable in my ears but I got used to it.

The best advice you'll get and the best research you can probably do is to join/read the forums over at: www.head-fi.org.

And as a quick rebuttal to those who don't think they can cost $100, the Shure E5s cost about $500 retail and there are others (professional grade models) that cost +$1000. 8O

Ok. I hate those foam ones for that has always been around before these earbud types came out where you can use different sizes and that flexible sleeve for better comfort. Thanks for the heads up. I'd need them for mowing and running. Thanks all.

• 1 year later...

For the record, I HATE earbuds. They never stay in my ears.

I currently use these: 41MM1CA3ZZL._AA280_.jpg

They're light, cheap, and work great.

:wall: that always frustrates me, ill be runing on my treadmill, and they fall out and i step on them yanking my ipod out of my poket, then i almost step on it! i would not reccomend earbuds mo.

I'm only posting this so people won't buy these.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?sk...d=1155848368219

They are freaking great looking and the bass hits harder than a Too Short song while wearing your Start jacket.

They are angled almost at a 45 degree ange so they stick out of your ears a tad bit just enought to make you look like you have handle bars comin' out your ugly head. I already look like a nerd so I don't need that. I only got these because they said TURBO BASS, and I am a sucker for that. The cord was too short, and weirdly designed to go behind your head with the left side of the headphones being shorter than the right side, and after about 10 minutes of awkwardness building up toward volcanic anger, I took them off.

So I passed up the Skullcandy for this. BAD MOVE. I'm going back to see if they are better. I notice a 4 foot cord listed and a design that more closely fits 90 degrees:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id...url=false&h=387

If the bass sucks, I'll just save up more cashola for the Sony one. They are hard to find at a brick and mortar store right now.

Does everyone feel these styles are a no no though:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id...0&type=category

the two styles to the far right

Archived