When do you like to trade?

NY_Yankees

I was thinking about a D-Rays dynasty. Maybe trade some of the speed or minor leaguers for another ace to anchor behind Kazmir, or some solid pen help. Anyways, do you guys trade from the start of the season? Sometimes I want to, but then I think it's not realistic (like it matters lol) and I wait til other teams start to move players.

i do it before so i can have my team set how i want it, then of course through out the year...i dont totally revamp the team its not like i trade everyone away maybe 1 or 2 small trades and possibly a big one

I have my favorite players that I'll trade for no matter what team I do for a dynasty. I always have to have Chris Roberson, Eric Reed, and Dana Eveland. I always try to trade for youth when idiotic computer teams put young talent on the trading block.

Dionaar Nivarro - Catcher for the Dodgers is another guy to pick up. He always progresses into one of the best catchers in the league.

Nick Markakis - Outfielder for the Orioles is another guy I trade for almost everytime, he turns into a Jimmy Edmonds type hitter.

• 2 weeks later...

2 times to trade: before you start your dynasty is a good time and during spring training.

I write down everyone I want by studying the draft review, and see who I want to trade away due to my payroll/needs. I then make my trades during spring training.

Because once you click "Begin Next Season" your team goals have been changed, based upon your lineups and pitching staffs for your minor leagues and MLB team. So if you have an Arod in your lineup, and you are ready to trade him but do so after you click "Begin Next Season", you had better do it during Spring Training or else one of your team goals can be "Go 40/40 with one MLB player" but you traded him after spring training away for some hot rookie so there is no way for you to meet the goal.

I write down everyone I want by studying the draft review, and see who I want to trade away due to my payroll/needs. I then make my trades during spring training.

Because once you click "Begin Next Season" your team goals have been changed, based upon your lineups and pitching staffs for your minor leagues and MLB team. So if you have an Arod in your lineup, and you are ready to trade him but do so after you click "Begin Next Season", you had better do it during Spring Training or else one of your team goals can be "Go 40/40 with one MLB player" but you traded him after spring training away for some hot rookie so there is no way for you to meet the goal.

That's a great tip! Thanks :hail:

Does putting people on the trading block do anything? I put guys on there all the time and the CPU never offers up a trade for any of them. Once in a while I get trade offers for minor league guys in exchange for some washed up AAAA guys, nothing of any interest to me.

Does putting people on the trading block do anything? I put guys on there all the time and the CPU never offers up a trade for any of them. Once in a while I get trade offers for minor league guys in exchange for some washed up AAAA guys, nothing of any interest to me.

they don't... putting people on trading block just shows teams that they are available, wont always lead to any offers. Now if you see someone on the trading block that means that you can get them in a lowered price because they would be cheaper. I've once put vasquez on the block (i was CHW) and i got a deal that was

Vasquez + Uribe for Howard + Utley... does that mean that i wouldn't be offered if Vasquez wasn't on the trading block? I dont know but i was offered there. usually you don't get an offer so its your job to look at other people on the block and make something happen yourself

I often wheel and deal when players underachieve or play very poorly. For instance , I traded Livan Hernandez for Ken Griffey Jr. and Johnny Damon for someone else. 2 weeks later I underwent another trading frenzy as I dealt Vidro for Orlando Hudson and traded for Daniel Cabrera , Brad Halsey , and Noah Lowry.

I'm looking for a trade for Dontrelle Willis or Barry Zito to bolster my rotation because both of them are rumored as potential guys that could be traded to the Jays and the Jays are looking for a veteran arm to fill the rotation. Can anyone suggest a fair trade for one of them? The only trade I found that works is D-Train for Wells straight up but I don't want to get rid of Wells, the trade even let me reverse it. Guys I'm willing to part with:

Catalanotto

Hinske

Chulk

Towers

Lilly (he leaves as a free agent at the end of the season)

some AAA pitchers (not my top pitching prospects though, some mid-level ones)

they don't... putting people on trading block just shows teams that they are available, wont always lead to any offers. Now if you see someone on the trading block that means that you can get them in a lowered price because they would be cheaper. I've once put vasquez on the block (i was CHW) and i got a deal that was

Vasquez + Uribe for Howard + Utley... does that mean that i wouldn't be offered if Vasquez wasn't on the trading block? I dont know but i was offered there. usually you don't get an offer so its your job to look at other people on the block and make something happen yourself

I haven't gotten an offer that I liked. I got an offer for Vinnie Chulk for Robb Quinlann from Anaheim, he filled in as a RH pinch-hitter and became my DH against LHP's. I also got Hinske for Chris Aguila from Florida and he filled in on my AAA team and made the team as a 4th OF the next season.

Well there's no way the Marlins would want Lilly, Chulk, Catalanotto or Hinske. The A's have no room for a 1b/RF like Hinske, much less a LF like Catalanotto.You might have to give up McGowan/Marcum/Banks/Houston maybe for Dontrelle, since the Marlins are always looking to get younger.

Well there's no way the Marlins would want Lilly, Chulk, Catalanotto or Hinske. The A's have no room for a 1b/RF like Hinske, much less a LF like Catalanotto.You might have to give up McGowan/Marcum/Banks/Houston maybe for Dontrelle, since the Marlins are always looking to get younger.

I tried.. I offered up 3 of those guys and they didn't accept the deal. What would be a fair trade for the game?

Archived