Arrrrr! A Pirates Dynasty

storcka9

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Storka, are you still playin this dynasty. And ya, Marte isn't doin the best for you.

Yes I am still playing this dynasty I have just been busy this past weekend with work and rugby try-outs. I also have been halping kgbaseball with his Red Sox roster. I will be playing a bunch of games tomorrow as I do not have much to do.

Bucs Creep to .500; Look to Sweep Dodgers out of Pittsburgh

game108wx.png

Game Summary:

Things started off fast again for the Pirates as Casey got it going in the first. Things slowed down from there until the seventh inning when Casey and C. Wilson got three RBI's and put the Dodgers in the dust, as R. Hernandez keeps the "W" for Snell who pitched brilliantly (7IP, 3R, 0BB, 3K). "He did a good job with their big hitters as the they only person with two hits was Tomko," said Coach Tracy, "Let's hope he can keep it up." Castillo and Casey also had good games both going 3-4 with 5 2B's, 5 RBI's and a SB between the two.

Scoring:

Casey RBI double in 1st

Werth RBI double in 4th

Tomko RBI single in 5th

Garciaparra RBI sacfly in 5th

Casey 2-run double in 5th

C. Wilson solo HR in 6th

Casey 2-run double in 7th

C. Wilson RBI single in 7th

Players of the Game:

Dodgers:

Brett Tomko 6IP, 4R, 0BB, 1K, 2-2 RBI

Pirates:

Sean Casey 3-4 2 2B, 5 RBI

Next Game: Chad Billingsley (0-0) vs. Oliver Perez (0-0)

mclouth25fh.png

tomko19yk.png

casey30hx.png

Pitcher's Duel in Pittsburgh; Bucs Get the Sweep

game117mh.png

Game Summary:

Oliver Perez picks up his first win on the season. "It's a shame that one of these two guys had to lose," said Dodgers coach Grady Little. It wasn't an easy win for the Bucs as they did not get their lone run till the eighth when Jose Hernandez got a single. Pokey Reese came off the bench and stole second. then Jose Castillo came up and hit Reese home with a single. Perez dropped his ERA from 0.64 to 0.39 in the game. On another note, despite being the hero of the game, Castillo also picked up his league leading sixth stolen base.

Scoring:

Castillo RBI single in 8th

Players of the Game:

Dodgers:

Chad Billingsley 8IP, 1R, 0BB, 2K, 0-2

Pirates:

Oliver Perez 9IP, 0R, 0BB, 4K, 1-2

Next Game: 3 Game Series vs. Cubs

Game 1: Greg Maddux (0-0) vs. Kip Wells (0-0)

mueller16km.png

perez353jy.png

Bucs Bats Blown Away; Maddux dominates the Pirates

game122qa.png

Game Summary:

Nothing went right for the Pirates in this game. Although with good pitching from Kip Wells (6IP, 2R, 0BB, 6K), he was out shown by his counterpart Greg Maddux, who pitched the complete game shutout. Maddux held the Pirates to one extra base hit and seven hits all together. The big blow to the Pirates came in the 7th inning when Jaque Jones hit an ordinary RBI single, that when he tried to strech into a double Paulino threw it to the outfield wall and two more runs scored. Said Sean Casey after the loss, "He (Maddux) had our number tonight. We just have to go out tomorrow and get them back." Another stat, three Cubs finished with three hits (Walker, Lee, Ramirez).

Scoring:

Murton RBI single in 2nd

Cendeno RBI triple in 6th

Jones RBI double in 7th

Paulino throwing error- 2 runs score in 7th

Jones RBI sacfly in 9th

Players of the Game:

Cubs:

Grag Maddux 9IP, 0R, 0BB, 7K

Pirates:

Nate McLouth 1-4, SB

Next Game: Wade Miller (0-0) vs. Zach Duke (1-1)

lee11ox.png

maddux15ok.png

Archived