• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MVP Baseball 2004 PC Patch # 3 Updated Rosters, Bug Fixes and Updates

Updated Rosters

MVP Baseball 2004 PC Patch # 2 Bug Fixes and Updates

Player Progression = adjusted, particularly for generated players

Game choppiness on some PCs = should be improved

NOTE: If you still experience some choppiness or visual lag, setting the refresh rate of your monitor to 60 Hz may improve the situation

Players’ secondary positions = Minor corrections and adjustments

Updated Rosters = includes general roster balancing and adjustments

This patch also includes the fixes from MVP Baseball 2004 PC Patch # 1:

Dynasty = No longer able to place the same player multiple times on the trading block through the Depth Chart hotlink.

Online = Game would sometimes desync when pressing steal button after auto-replay appears showing a stolen base, now fixed.

Controls = Keyboard 2 pitches on some keyboards did not work when aiming at the corners of the strike zone, now fixed.

Controls = On some keyboards, choosing to save any controller configuration could prevent the "Stop All" key for Keyboard Profile 2 from working, now fixed.

Game Options Crash = Game would occasionally crash when entering certain 'Game Options' in the Small Game Modes Pause menu, now fixed.

MVP Points Checklist = Some items had incorrect number listed to achieve goals, these are now corrected.

Anti-Cheat = Modified files to prevent cheating during Pro Play online games.

Rosters = Updated, with A-Rod now playing for NY Yankees, etc.

You may install this patch over either the retail unpatched version of MVP Baseball 2004, or over the first patch if you have already installed it.

Keep in mind that this new patch is required for online play. Someone without the patch will not be able to play someone with the patch over EA SPORTS online [they will get a message to download the latest version].

... ^^^ is the EA read-me.

.. If this is a Roster update...why isn't Damian Miller an A's? ....

I just downloaded it and checked out the readme file. it seems to be only an updated roster which includes the bug fixes and updates from the first and second patch. I'm not sure about the updated rosters though because i have several mods installed and don't want to change my current set-up back to default to install the patch if it is just a roster update. Total minors is leaps and bounds better than the ea roster updates.

is it worth downloading?

well you will need it to play online. i will download it tonight and wait for geforce to release totalminors v4. at least i will have the most up to date version of the game. and then when i get totalminors v4, i will have the most COMPLETE updated version of the game.

I decided to backup my current mvp 2004 folder and uninstalled and reinstalled the game from the disk so i can add patch 3. I haven't checked it in the game yet but when i attempted to view the rosters through mvp edit, i got a error message. i remember that mvp edit version 17 didn't fully support patch 2 so Rglass updated mvp edit to version 18. last time the rosters appeared but several things were messed up in the viewing. this time the roster don't even appear at all. i wonder if ea attempts to create these problems of third party editors and modifications or if the sophistication of the updates cause major changes to the files thus not enabling third party editors to work properly. just wondering.

just download the patch. it'll take all of 5 seconds to install. and an update on the all-stars may be a big deal to people on this site. after all aren't most of the mods here to make the game more accurate. whether its a stadium with accurate ads or a roster file like totalminors that includes accurate minor leaguers. why not have the allstar team updated as well? i'll take the whole 5 seconds out of my life to download the patch.

the all star rosters are definately accurate as of wednesday's game. there are also, of course, several new players added to teams such as sean burnett and rich thompson from the pirates as well as updated batting orders but this roster doesn't compare to Geforce's roster.

My All-star teams are actually completely screwed up now..I installed the patch (didn't have to restore the default roster files) successfully, that is, I didn't get any error messages...I booted up the game and went to checkout the All-star team rosters, but all of the relief pitchers were "Empty" and the starting batters and pitchers were all from LAST YEAR's All-star game...I have no idea how that happened.

from what i read on another site, this patch does affect certain aspects of gameplay, it just isn't stated on the read me file. apparently hitting, fielding and throwing has been updated as well as physics of the game. i'm going to try it out here soon now that i've read that.

My All-star teams are actually completely screwed up now..I installed the patch (didn't have to restore the default roster files) successfully, that is, I didn't get any error messages...I booted up the game and went to checkout the All-star team rosters, but all of the relief pitchers were "Empty" and the starting batters and pitchers were all from LAST YEAR's All-star game...I have no idea how that happened.

are you still playing with a not-so-store-bought version? not sure if that would make a difference or not

are you still playing with a not-so-store-bought version? not sure if that would make a difference or not

Nope, I went out and bought the game a LOOOOONG time ago, just to fix the lefty bug...I reinstalled the game just now, and I'm pretty sure it should work.

Edit: I reinstalled the game and it works now...I guess I just had too many mods installed and those files couldn't be patched.

Whoever was having a problem with MVP edit and the new patch... I got the same error message myself...

I figured I would be smart and make a backup of the EA default rosters for quick switching if I wanted to test my nerves on EA online.. but no luck... I swear they do this just to P!ss off the modders...

Hmm, i gave the patch a try, so far, they made a new pitching view, I kinda like it except when they move to different side, view from the left of the pitcher for left batters, right for right batters, wish they could stay one side. Also I noticed some more ground balls, and yeah I actually hit a liner just by the first baseman, wasn't really a hard liner, it actually stopped before it got to the wall, so i guess they did fix that factor wtih grass and hard surface.

And the rosters..of course it sucks 'casue there's no minor leaguers lol. Oh well, i'm slightly happy wtih the new fix for game plays, well..so far, i dunno heh

OPEN UP WINDOWS EXPLORER-->

goto your mvp2004Data directory-->

HIGHLIGHT ALL THE FILES-->

RIGHT CLICK ON the files-->

Remove the checkmark next to the box that says READ ONLY.

that should fix any problems you have with mvpedit or mvp studio after you install patch 3.

Archived