Look what I found!

D-Unit

I was going through some of my dad's baseball cards and I found a certain card from 1991 which I found funny concerning the scandal he is allegedly in:

barroidspr3.jpg

I DO NOT WANT THIS TO BE A BONDS BASHING THREAD. I want to have an intelligent conversation concerning Barry Bonds and the BALCO scandal, since I did a research project on it from school.

And now I am not making direct accusations, just look at these next two pictures. One is from what people say is the "steroid free Bonds" era, and one is the "steroid Bonds" era. Look at these two pictures and tell me what you think. Once again, this is not a Bonds bashing thread. So if you want to talk **** in here, don't bother.

His 1992 card:

barroids2rr9.jpg

His 2002 card:

barroids3fu2.jpg

His 2003 card:

barroids4ik7.jpg

What are your thoughts?

If Barry Bonds played football, back in the old-day he was in shape to be a Wide Reciever, now he is in the body to be a Middle Linebacker....Thats hard to do, but it's not impossible... but its hard to believe too, that he didn't take 'roids...

Dude, lol, you pulled out an old Bonds card and said it was your dad. I'm in my late 20's and remember the 1991 set, have a complete set of it still sealed up, and YOU'RE MAKING ME FEEL OLD dude. STOP THIS lol.

People my ager or older already know this exact same thing you're mentioning. The first card shows the Barry all of Atlanta feared.

I see now where the stadium.big file is. Can you tell me if you understand that data or not? I do not. I would like to make it so that tons of homers are jacked in my home team’s stadium, Ameriquest. What would I do to achieve this?

Edit: last paragraph was posted to wrong thread. I'm DISSLEXiCK

Yeah D I agree with you. The changes in Bonds' physique are glaring, but there's no way to really know the extent of his steriod use. For the record, I subscribe to the idea of Bonds being an extensive steriod user of many years. Even though Bonds ADMITTEDLY took steroids (even though supposedly unknowingly), any athlete that cares at all about their performance can not honestly say that they ingested a pill or rubbed a cream, or injected a substance that someone, their trainer or not, just told them to use. If you haven't gotten a chance to, read the Jose Canseco book Juiced. It's quite an interesting read, and whether you're pro or anti steroids it gives you a rather good perspective on the things you see in professional sports and athletes today. After I read it I started noticing things that I would've never thought twice about before. I don't really think steroids are the problem with cheating in today's sports; I tend to think that it all stems on the people in power that turn a blind eye to corruption. Since sports are such big business, there's a clear conflict of interest between what is right and what makes the most money, and if it weren't for steroids, baseball would've ended in 1994.

But that was 1994, not 2001. Steroids were made illegal while Bonds was using them. He said in court he took steroids unknowlingly. But the fact is whether he did or not (I don't believe he didn't know, if you have 3 personal trainers you know what goes inside your body), he still admitted to taking them.

And if Anderson is such a backstabber to Bonds for putting steroids into Bonds' system without him knowing, why is he backing up Bonds and refusing to testify against him?

he probably took them knowingly sad to say. but, one thing about the head size thing. when friends i know have put on a good amount of weight (i'm older than any of you guys in this thread); they put on a lot of weight in their faces too. and when i have had friends that have lost a lot of weight, the opposite happens - their faces get smaller. it only goes with how much weight you have on your body. think about it- how many muscular or obese people do you see that still have tiny heads like they did before they put on that mass? if you look at him know his face size fits his body size proportion wise.

anyhow whenever people talk about his head i think it's ridiculous. i also think alot of guys that have used them you would never know about by looking at them. palmeiro never looked like he did to me. i would have never guessed. alot of bike riders who are supsected are tiny little guys too.

anyhow yes he probably used them. probably knowingly like 100's of other MLB players. but he also worked out a ton too to get big. you don't get that muscular just by doing roids. but, you can get muscular just by working out.

I love the Giants, only team I love more is the Red Sox, but Barry got greedy. He knew he was easily one of the best ball players of all time, and he thought, what if I could multiply my skills? I mean you look at the Sporting News' 100 Greatest Players 1998, you look at it in 2006, he is number 6. I mean he got jealous Sosa and McGwire were getting all the attention in '98 and he wanted to be better than them. Its just like people with money, they want more.

Yep....good point Molitor. Even though Clemens has been brought up in roid discussions before.

Most of those guys (Jeter, Rodriguez) aren't big, never have been, never will be. Unless they start juicing. Compare what those guys look like then and now, and then do the same with Bonds. And none of these guys have been brought up in roids except for Clemens.

I don't get why you showed Jeter.

David Ortiz (IPA /or.ˈtiz/, or roughly 'or-TEEZ') (November 18, 1975 in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic), born David Américo Ortiz Arias, nicknamed Big Papi, is a Major League Baseball first baseman/designated hitter who plays for the Boston Red Sox (since 2003). Previously, Ortiz played for the Minnesota Twins (1997-2002). He bats and throws left-handed.

In 1992, at the age of 17, Ortiz signed with the Seattle Mariners. He was traded to Minnesota in 1996, and made his debut in September 1997, then known as David Arias. After moving up and down from the majors to the minors, Ortiz hit .272 with 20 home runs and 75 RBI in 2002, when the Twins lost in the American League Championship Series to the Anaheim Angels. But Ortiz, whose left knee and right wrist had been surgically repaired, had not played in more than 130 games in a season. Thinking he was injured too often, and also fearing his salary would increase dramatically in arbitration, Minnesota let Ortiz go, and the Red Sox signed him.

DUnit I never said Jeter or any of those players are on steriods. My point was if you take ANY player and look at them when they were rookies:

AACP005.jpg

And look at them now:

photo_derek_jeter.jpg

jeter_derek.jpg

Some people may draw a conclusion that the player may have used supplements/steroids...You proved my point by defending him like I accused him of something....when in fact my point of posting those pictures was the exact opposite.

Archived