Look what I found!

D-Unit

Yep....good point Molitor. Even though Clemens has been brought up in roid discussions before.

Most of those guys (Jeter, Rodriguez) aren't big, never have been, never will be...

Actually, if you see A-Rod up close, he's huge. But with him, he's a BIG-boned dude. He looks like what you'd expect Superman to look like, hence all the jealousy from his numerous enemies.

ARod has gotten bigger since his 1st couple of years with Seattle, again almost anyone you bring up if you post a picture when they were in thier teens/early twenties and now you could make an arguement take a look at AROD:

arodsp.jpg

2005-06-27-in-arod.jpg

AR12.jpg

Alex_Rodriguez.jpg

fb_1_b.JPG

And now look at him:

f40fefef.jpg

AlexRodriquez2.jpg

Gx6ZaD5l.jpg

arodriguez06240240lg.jpg

I think we all agree Arod doesnt juice, but he has gooten noticebly(sp) bigger as everyone does as they age...While I do agree Bonds is just HUGE some players I think maybe be getting falsely accused.

c'mon folks... Look at body builders who are not steriod users and look at the changes they go through in years... Bonds didn't do that in one season... It was a slow progression... and the fact is just taking steriods doesn't get you big, you have to do a lot of working out... it takes years of intense working out to get size...

I am not a defender by no means of Bonds but you can't make those types of assumptions based on photos... I myself graduated high school weighing 127 ILBS, a little stick... today at 30 I weigh 190 and am completely stacked compared to how I was... and it took years of working out... If I showed you my pics I guess you would come to the same conclusion and never would I have even considered doing something silly like taking steriods... Again, steriods are a recovery and endurance hormone... recovery helps you grow faster and the endurance allows you to do more repitition...

The thing with A-Rod in all of those photos is his head looks the same size and his face looks the same. That goes against what I thought was the argument (sorta; presented with disclaimer) in this thread: the evidence is not in the fact that Bonds got big ol' muskles, it's that his skull and facial structure changed dramatically.

--Eric

I once heard this in an interview with an author of a Bonds book -- he said that steroids DO NOT make your head bigger. Human Growth Hormone does. He said it's impossible for an adult to get a bigger head (increase in size of the cranium), but that HGH can make your head bigger. Obviously if you put on weight your face will look more full so to speak, but the actual size of your head doesn't change.

anyhow, it's very hard to judge from these pictures since 10 years is alot of time and it's not humanly impossible to change your body like that by just lifting weights. let's not forget that these guys train their asses off everyday of the week, so it's hard to make a judgement.

I'll tell you what, we don't need a thread like this because we already have a steriods thread in here.

You got to be nuts to say someone is on steroids because they looked smaller when they were younger. Look at that Jeter picture on page two for example. It was taken when he was 18 GOD DAMN YEARS OLD in his first year in rookie ball and of course if you compared him today he is going to be bigger.

Go take a look at some of your pictures when you all were in the first grade. Now compare it to how you are you are now. You are taller, bigger and stronger. Is anyone accusing you of juicing up? Some of you people in here have nothing else to do.

I just don't get why people don't think he took steroids...his body shows it, his numbers show it, medical documents show it, HIS OWN TESTIMONY SHOWED IT...

Bonds? Everyone except for idiot SF Giants fans in denial knows that dirtbag took steroids.

And I'm noticing we're all getting confused. As for A-Rod, Jeter, other guys like that, everybody has agreed they didn't do roids. And I think everyone says "he did roids" is talkig about Bonds obviously.

I'll tell you what, we don't need a thread like this because we already have a steriods thread in here.

You got to be nuts to say someone is on steroids because they looked smaller when they were younger. Look at that Jeter picture on page two for example. It was taken when he was 18 GOD DAMN YEARS OLD in his first year in rookie ball and of course if you compared him today he is going to be bigger.

Go take a look at some of your pictures when you all were in the first grade. Now compare it to how you are you are now. You are taller, bigger and stronger. Is anyone accusing you of juicing up? Some of you people in here have nothing else to do.

This thread is confusing, because nobody knows who anyone else is talking about because they don't specifiy. I'm sure everyone here knows A-Rod, Jeter, and the like are clean, just that we're all confused as to who is talking about who.

To be honest, the most telling picture of definite steroid usage is looking at Tony Gwynn.

In fact, when I want to hit .330, about 8 HRs per year, and make sure all the fat settles in my stomach, its steroids all the way!!!!!

There is a clear cut way to know who is on steroids and who isn't, and also a way to completely get the game clean.

Here is the drug test. Everyone has to go up on stage, pull down their pants, and have the relative size of their testicles measured. Get this cleared and the game will be clean in weeks :)

Seriously....there is a complete difference in body structure between someone who just works out and someone who juices. (And umm, people who just eat alot, like Tony Gwynn, and Kirby Puckett) :)

There was a picture of A-rod in the Daily News a few weeks back sun bathing in Central Park. Its the proportions you see, the type of muscle, that shows you he is not on steroids. And his head also has not grown to the size of a bowling ball the last few years.

I just don't get why people don't think he took steroids...his body shows it, his numbers show it, medical documents show it, HIS OWN TESTIMONY SHOWED IT...

i dont think anyone is saying he didn't. just that head size - the original purpose of this thread- is a ridiculous measure of usage. you get bigger and so does the face- IN MOST CASES. who has actually measured his frigging head? and he still had to work out pretty hard to get that big. you don't just get huge by shoving roids in.

RAM, I only used that card of his swollen head because I found it ironic. I'm not saying that is the sign of roids, because there are tons of others that apply to him. His girlfriend said he got backne from it, he got much bigger altogether, he became more durable, he hit more homers, and when he stopped taking them he was worn out and missed almost a whole year. Giambi went through the same process in 2004 when he had the virus and all that other stuff. Then he came back in 2005, but Bonds is doing it at a lesser degree simply because he is in his 40's.

Archived