"That Dane Cook is a silly ___"

Kccitystar

No, but I have a feeling I'll be "catching" it for "free" if you know what I "mean."

My parents have HBO, so I was able to watch Tourgasm all summer-long. It certainly wasn't intended to be his funniest work, but of course it just figures that when I leave home is when his special airs, which is something I'd much rather see Dane Cook in.

Do you think Dane Cook steals jokes? Check out this sound clip and the first comedian is Louis CK.

http://www.redban.com/audio/danesteals.mp3

I wouldn't say it was a blatant rip, but I can see the influence...

I'm pretty much positive, some, if not most comedians can do variations of the same subject matter. Look at the Aristocrats joke. It's told by damn near every comedian but the punchline is always the same.

Dane Cook, one of the best comedians who ever lived. Goes up there with Richard Pryor, Red Foxx, and Jerry Seinfeld

No. Pryor was and still is on another planet when it comes to comedy.

80's Murphy was up there too until you know, he fell off. Aside from him, my fav. comedians are Pablo Francisco, George Lopez, and Carlos Mencia, even though Mencia at times annoys me. Funny guys nonetheless.

Oh my god what has happened to this world. Dane Cook and Dave Chappelle? Are you ******* kidding me? They are to stand up comedy as Lil John is to music. It's the simplest, cheapest, fastest comedy that requires absolutely no thinking. Yes they say some funny things. But neither have more than a few actual jokes. They get there laughs based of funny words or vulgar phrases, not actual jokes.

I enjoy listening to Dane Cook every once in a while, but I've never confused him with being an actual comedian. And I've never needed to listen to Chappelle more than once. I have plenty of material from Pryor, Murphy and Rock, and I like their originality better than his remixed jokes.

In my opinion, the best comedians ever include the three I just mentioned, along with Seinfeld, Bill Cosby, Woody Allen, Steve Martin and George Carlin. Those guys actually have well crafted routines, based on timing, set ups and punchlines. Think about how funny guys like Cook or Chappelle would be if they weren't allowed to swear. Swearing or using vulgar references is the cheapest shortcut to laughs nowadays in comedy. Yes you can make the argument that Pryor and Carlin both used very vulgar language, but the words or references were never the entire joke, they were just a tool used to pace the joke and the laughs the way they wanted them.

Anyways my favourite newer comedians are David Cross, Lewis Black and Mitch Hedberg.

Oh my god what has happened to this world. Dane Cook and Dave Chappelle? Are you [naughty word] kidding me? They are to stand up comedy as Lil John is to music. It's the simplest, cheapest, fastest comedy that requires absolutely no thinking. Yes they say some funny things. But neither have more than a few actual jokes. They get there laughs based of funny words or vulgar phrases, not actual jokes.

I enjoy listening to Dane Cook every once in a while, but I've never confused him with being an actual comedian. And I've never needed to listen to Chappelle more than once. I have plenty of material from Pryor, Murphy and Rock, and I like their originality better than his remixed jokes.

In my opinion, the best comedians ever include the three I just mentioned, along with Seinfeld, Bill Cosby, Woody Allen, Steve Martin and George Carlin. Those guys actually have well crafted routines, based on timing, set ups and punchlines. Think about how funny guys like Cook or Chappelle would be if they weren't allowed to swear. Swearing or using vulgar references is the cheapest shortcut to laughs nowadays in comedy. Yes you can make the argument that Pryor and Carlin both used very vulgar language, but the words or references were never the entire joke, they were just a tool used to pace the joke and the laughs the way they wanted them.

Anyways my favourite newer comedians are David Cross, Lewis Black and Mitch Hedberg.

George Carlin is one funny *** comedian, and yes, I agree that some modern-day comics are starting to add swearing as part of their entire act, often detracting from what point they were originally trying to get across. Comedians like Pablo Francisco are funny to me, Dane Cook is probably the one guy who I'd get chuckles out of but he's not "OMG LMFAO ROFL ROFLCOPTER"-esque.

And then you have those comedians who are just flat out stupid.

Archived