Total Classics Madness :D

sfgiantsflgators

Who's going to win Total Classics Madness?  

17 members have voted

1. 1.

• 1909 Pirates
    • 1979 Pirates
    • 1965 Twins
    • 1965 Bums

tcmchamps7ni.jpg

Pool 1: Page 1

Pool 2: Page 10 http://mvpmods.com/Forums/viewtopic/t=2457.../start=145.html

Pool 3: Page 18 http://mvpmods.com/Forums/viewtopic/t=2457.../start=255.html

Pool 4: Page 24 http://mvpmods.com/Forums/viewtopic/t=2457.../start=345.html

Total Classics Final Four: Page 32 http://mvpmods.com/Forums/viewtopic/t=2457.../start=465.html

Well I play Total Classics off and on - basically when I get a minute between work and whatnot. So today I got an idea that I haven't seen done on here yet, so I thought I'd give it a go. (if it's been done and I missed it - well, here's another one). :D

First, I'll tell you about the seeding - it's real easy. I couldn't use the computer rankings because they were only available for the "major" league teams. Maybe it's because I installed it as "exhibition" instead of "dynasty"...I don't know. So I came up with a simple alternative - these are the guidelines teams are judged by:

1. Did you win the world series? If so, you're in the mix for number one seed. If not, go to question 2.

1a. If you qualified for question 1, you are seeded by the amount of games you won. Most is number one, second most number two, etc.

2. If you answered no to question 2, you are seeded starting with the first number not filled up by those seeded in question 1. Same applies here, most wins is first available seed, etc.

Here's the bracket for Pool 1 (my pet monkey made it in photoshop)

pool1tc0.jpg

I'll update it as games are finished.

The top seed will be the home team. I'm using the same settings I used for my D-Rays, Royals, and Giants dynasties and don't feel like re-posting them. Some days I might get a few games in, some days none - hell, I got at least five months to finish this. :whistle: But after each game I'll post the results with a recap of scoring and big plays.

Also, I'll be using my judgement on who the starter should be (based on career accomplishments as well as stats from the year of the teams playing). I'll also use the lineups the team used if they had a playoff game that season - for those without a postseason appearance, I'll go with how the Total Classic guys have it set.

When Pool 1 is played out, I'll move to Pool two with the same rules and layout. I'll do this through Pool 4 and then have a showdown with the four winners from the pools - a Final Four tournament if you will. Hope you enjoy it! :D

EDIT: One last note, there's two typos in the bracket that I'm too lazy to go back and fix. The 1979 Indians, ranked 17th, should be the 1999 version of the Tribe. The 1978 Padres, ranked 25th, should be the 1998 Padres. So keep that in mind.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I'm playing as the home team...aka the higher seed.

Pool 2

pool2lu0.jpg

Pool 3

pool3os0.jpg

Pool 4

pool46to.jpg

Total Classics Final Four

totalclassicsfinalfour8nn.jpg

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pool 1, Round 1

Justice Powers Indians To Round Two

99ind93philre7.png

justicecq8.png

David Justice connects for a two run homerun in the third inning.

caughtyq8.png

Jim Eisenreich is nailed trying to swipe a bag in the seventh inning.

goldglovevu5.png

Roberto Alomar drops a web gem on Lenny Dykstra in the ninth inning.

Scoring

T1: Vizquel single scores Lofton; Ramirez single scores Vizquel; Justice single scores Ramirez

T6: Justice two run HR

T8: Thome solo HR

B8: Daulton single scores Duncan

W - Colon L - Schilling

Game Notes:

Every Indian position player had a hit except Travis Fryman...All but three Indian position players scored a run.

Players of the Game:

David Justice 2-5, HR, 3 RBI

Bartolo Colon 8.2 IP, 7H, 1 ER, 4 K

For Boxscore, click here

Well, I was planning on getting a game in and posting it this afternoon but I got to the 8th inning and had to shut the game down. For some reason, everytime I (the Rangers) would ground out, McGriff would be called for pulling off first base (although his foot was clearly on it). Never happened to my guys but ALWAYS happened to McGriff.

I've tried to recreate it but haven't had any luck. Maybe the Braves having 10 errors in eight innings wasn't such a fluke. If I have time before the Florida game, I'll replay it later :D

Well, I was planning on getting a game in and posting it this afternoon but I got to the 8th inning and had to shut the game down. For some reason, everytime I (the Rangers) would ground out, McGriff would be called for pulling off first base (although his foot was clearly on it). Never happened to my guys but ALWAYS happened to McGriff.

I've tried to recreate it but haven't had any luck. Maybe the Braves having 10 errors in eight innings wasn't such a fluke. If I have time before the Florida game, I'll replay it later :D

Allright...sounds good.

Pool 1, Round 1

Upset Special: #24 Rangers Take Down #9 Braves

96rangers93braveshc4.png

greerkn8.png

Rusty Greer follows through on his first inning homerun.

bravestx2.png

Terry Pendleton sits and watches as the Rangers celebrate their Round 2 birth.

Scoring

T1: Greer two run HR

T6: Gonzalez single scores Hamilton

T8: Gonzalez single scores Greer

B8: Blauser solo HR

W - Hill L - Glavine S - Cook

Players of the Game:

Rusty Greer 2-3, HR, 2 RBI

Juan Gonzalez 2-4, 2 RBI

For Boxscore, click here

I just completed the same tournament-with 64 teams from the past. The '61 Yanks defeated the '68 Cardinals in the championship 7-1. Berra with 2 dingers and Mantle with one.

Man, you are dedicated to the classics; kudos my friend.

I'm running a makeshift World Series between the '55 Dodgers (me) and the '53 Yankees. I just took game 3 (6-3) to put me up 2-1 in the series. The best thing about it was scoring 4 runs off of Bob Kuzava, the pitcher who against all odds beat the Dodgers in the 50s. Against a lefty like Kuzava, the ridiculously powerful righties in the Dodger lineup should've eaten him alive, but he held the line when it counted.

Sweet revenge.

Man, you are dedicated to the classics; kudos my friend.

I'm running a makeshift World Series between the '55 Dodgers (me) and the '53 Yankees. I just took game 3 (6-3) to put me up 2-1 in the series. The best thing about it was scoring 4 runs off of Bob Kuzava, the pitcher who against all odds beat the Dodgers in the 50s. Against a lefty like Kuzava, the ridiculously powerful righties in the Dodger lineup should've eaten him alive, but he held the line when it counted.

Sweet revenge.

Bob Kuzava is my new hero :D

Pool 1, Round 1

Pitcher's Duel Goes To Padres 1-0

98pads97marlinsvy6.png

gwynngj5.png

Tony Gwynn connects for a solo homerun in the third. It would be the only run of the game.

finleygg4.png

Moises Alou is tagged out at third in the seventh inning on a throw from Steve Finley.

Scoring

T3: Gwynn solo HR

W - Brown L - Brown S - Hoffman

Game Notes:

The Marlins loaded the bases in the fifth with one out, but the threat was ended when Kevin Brown grounded into a double play.

Players of the Game:

Tony Gwynn 2-4, HR, RBI

Kevin Brown 6.2 IP, 7 H, 0 R, 5 K

For Boxscore, click here

Archived