Total Classics Madness :D

sfgiantsflgators

Who's going to win Total Classics Madness?  

17 members have voted

1. 1.

• 1909 Pirates
    • 1979 Pirates
    • 1965 Twins
    • 1965 Bums

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pool 1, Round 2

Pirates Pound Guidry, Move Into Round 3 With 9-1 Victory

91pirates77yanksfv6.png

jacksonet8.png

Reggie Jackson is called out on strikes in his only at bat of the game. Jackson would leave in the third

after being injured while attempting to rob Bobby Bonilla of a homerun.

bellya8.png

Jay Bell slides into second base with an RBI double in the third inning.

bondssl5.png

Barry Bonds scores on a Steve Buechele double for the sixth Pirate run of the third inning.

hunterbk9.png

Catfish Hunter crosses the plate for the only Yankee run of the game in the third inning.

piratesxc4.png

(In order from left to right) Jay Bell, Barry Bonds, Bobby Bonilla, and Jose Lind walk off the field after

upsetting the #2 ranked Yankees 9-1.

Scoring

T3: Bell double scores LaValliere; Merced sacrifice fly scores Lind; Van Slyke double scores Bell; Bonilla two run HR; Buechele double scores Bonds

T5: Randolph single scores Hunter

T3: Merced solo HR

T3: Bonilla two run HR

W - Smiley L - Guidry

Game Notes:

Reggie Jackson left the game in the top of the third inning after running into the wall while attempting to rob Bobby Bonilla of a homerun...Andy Van Slyke's triple in the eighth inning was later ruled a double, with Van Slyke reaching third on an error by left fielder Cliff Johnson.

Players of the Game:

Bobby Bonilla 2-4, 2 HR, 4 RBI

Orlando Merced 2-4, HR, 2 RBI

For Boxscore, click here

Pool 1, Round 3

Tigers Maul Padres, Reach Final Four With 6-0 Victory

98padres84tigersuf0.png

whitakerog6.png

Lou Whitaker leads off the bottom of the first with a homerun.

parrishze4.png

Lance Parrish takes Kevin Brown deep for a two run shot, giving the Tigers an early 3-0 lead.

lemonyl5.png

It wasn't all offense for Detroit as Chet Lemon goes Superman, robbing Wally Joyner of a hit in the

top of the fourth.

evansrq3.png

Darrell Evans rounds second after hitting a three run shot in the fourth inning, capping off the Tigers

scoring for the day. Padres second bagger Quilvio Veras seems impressed with the power display.

Scoring

B1: Whitaker solo HR; Parrish two run HR

B4: Evans three run HR

W - Morris L - Brown

Players of the Game:

Lance Parrish 3-4, HR, 2 RBI

Darrell Evans 1-3, HR, 3 RBI

Jack Morris 9 IP, 5 H, 0 R, 3 K

For Boxscore, click here

Okay,i think this is really awsome.......but no '88 dodgers? no 2004 dodgers? no 55 dodgers? I understand that ur a giants fan,but respect other teams too buddy...

You can't call someone biased when you're biased yourself...

What? Im A dodgers fan,and there are MULTIPLE of other teams.....why cant put up ONE!

As tebjr mentioned, and as you can deduce from reading the first post of the thread, there are four pools in the tournament. The pools are compiled of the teams you can find in Total Classics 6 by the league they're in (CLS-1, CLS-2, etc.).

I can't remember the exact number, but I believe there are about 5 Dodger teams in Total Classics. The '77 team is in Pool 1 - to find the results of their game, go to the bottom of page 3.

In the bracket, you won't see the word "Dodgers". They have been replaced by the name Giants fans referred to them as in the New York/Brooklyn days - the "Bums". That's the extent of my Giants influence on this thing. :D

Go 64 Phils!

I was pulling for 'em, but the run's over...

I'm about to post the results, but for some reason Fraps stopped taking pictures after the third inning - which includes the linescore at the end of the game. The boxscore is fine though so some information can be taken from going to that link.

Oh well - imageshack is probably relieved to hear that :D

Pool 1, Round 3

Clock Strikes Midnight On '64 Phillies

Through seven and a half innings, it was anyone's ballgame. Both starters, Steve Blass for the Pirates and Jim Bunning for the Phillies, pitched well enough to win; however, the Phillies offense couldn't come through with runners on base.

With a one run lead in the bottom of the eighth, the Pirates busted out for three runs off Philly reliever Bobby Shantz. The first to strike was Roberto Clemente, who hit a solo shot to left field that travelled an estimated 480 feet. After a walk to Willie Stargell, Bob Robertson added a homerun of his own making the score 4-0.

Pirates closer Dave Giusti pitched a 1-2-3 ninth to close out the Phillies' cinderella run.

Scoring

B3: Hebner single scores Cash

B4: Clemente solo HR; Robertson two run HR

W - Blass L - Bunning

Players of the Game:

Bob Robertson 2-4, HR, 2 RBI

Steve Blass 7 IP, 6 H, 0 R, 6 K

For Boxscore, click here

I was pulling for 'em, but the run's over...

I'm about to post the results, but for some reason Fraps stopped taking pictures after the third inning - which includes the linescore at the end of the game. The boxscore is fine though so some information can be taken from going to that link.

Oh well - imageshack is probably relieved to hear that :D

Oh well, still a great Dynasty!

Pool 1, Round 3

Four Run Third Sends Pirates To Final Four

91twins79piratesnr0.png

garnerbi4.png

Phil Garner lines a triple into right center in the third inning. Garner would later score on a sacrifice fly

by Omar Moreno.

robinsonts2.png

Bill Robinson hits a bases loaded double in the third inning, giving Pittsburgh a 4-0 lead.

parkeroh0.png

Dave Parker puts the Pirates up 5-0 with a solo homerun in the fifth inning.

mackia6.png

Shane Mack strikes out swinging for the last out of the ballgame.

Scoring

B3: Moreno sacrifice fly scores Garner; Robinson double scores Candelaria, Foli, Parker

B5: Parker solo HR

W - Candelaria L - Morris

Players of the Game:

Bill Robinson 1-3, 2B, BB, 3 RBI

John Candelaria 9 IP, 6 H, 0 R, 3 K

For Boxscore, click here

Pool 1, Round 3

Pirates Make Up 3 Of Final Four Teams After 1-0 Braves Loss

80braves91piratesla3.png

vanslykeuk0.png

Andy Van Slyke robs Glenn Hubbard of a hit in the fourth inning.

matthews2bku5.pngmatthewshbxn0.png

Gary Matthews doubles in the second, but the Braves fail to score. In his next at bat, Matthews would

take a John Smiley slider off his left knee. He would stay in the game.

bondsrl8.png

Barry Bonds connects for a solo homerun in the seventh inning for the only run of the game.

Scoring

B7: Bonds solo HR

W - Smiley L - Niekro

Players of the Game:

Barry Bonds 2-3, HR, SB, RBI

John Candelaria 9 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 5 K

For Boxscore, click here

Archived