Total Classics Madness :D

sfgiantsflgators

Who's going to win Total Classics Madness?  

17 members have voted

1. 1.

• 1909 Pirates
    • 1979 Pirates
    • 1965 Twins
    • 1965 Bums

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pool 4, Round 2

Ford Tough: Whitey Goes The Distance In 4-1 Yankees Win

64os53yankoz7.png

1wooaf9.png

After tripling to lead off the inning, Gene Woodling scored the first Yankees run of the day on a sac-

rifice fly by Phil Rizzuto in the second inning.

2bowil8.png

Baltimore tied the game 1-1 in the fourth inning on a solo home run by Sam Bowens.

3woovn5.png

Gene Woodling struck again in the bottom of the fourth, driving in two runs with a home run to the

upper deck in right field.

4berhd8.png

New York scored their final run of the game in the fifth on a single by Yogi Berra, scoring Joe Collins.

5fordbh7.png

Yankees hurler Whitey Ford was stellar today, making just one mistake on the home run by Sam Bow-

ens in the fourth. Ford's final line: 9 IP, 6 H, 1 R, 6 K.

Scoring

B2: Rizzuto sacrifice fly scores Woodling

T4: Bowens solo HR

B4: Woodling two run HR

B5: Berra single scores Collins

W - Ford L - Bunker

Player of the Game:

Gene Woodling 2-4, 3B, HR, 2 RBI

Whitey Ford 9 IP, 6 H, 1 R, 6 K

Sam Bowens 2-4, HR, RBI

For Boxscore, click here

Pool 4, Round 3

Carlton Leads Philadelphia Into Final Four With 5-1 Victory

59wsox80phixu2.png

1schyn0.png

It didn't take Philadelphia long to get to Early Wynn as Mike Schmidt gave the Phillies a 2-0 lead with

a home run in the first inning.

2phikt4.png

Chicago answered in the second inning, tying the game 1-1 on a single by Al Smith, scoring Bubba

Phillips (pictured) who doubled after Ted Kluszewski grounded into a double play.

3scheb3.png

White Sox left fielder Al Smith catches a sacrifice fly from Mike Schmidt in the third inning. Steve Carl-

ton scored on the play to extend Philadelphia's lead, 3-1.

4luzka3.png

Ted Kluszewski grounded into two double plays today. The second occurance was in the fourth

inning as Chicago had put runners on first and second with no outs. Kluszewski grounded to Mike

Schmidt (pictured) at third, who touched the bag and got Kluszewski at first. Steve Carlton would get

the next hitter, Bubba Phillips, to ground out to end the inning without a Chicago runner crossing the

plate.

5carxf9.png

Steve Carlton was stellar today, going the distance while allowing just one run on seven hits and

striking out two.

Scoring

B1: Schmidt two run HR

T2: Smith single scores Phillips

B3: Schmidt sacrifice fly scores Carlton

B7: Rose grounds into a double play, Boone scores

B7: Maddox double scores Trillo

W - Carlton L - Wynn

Player of the Game:

Mike Schmidt 1-3, HR, SF, 3 RBI

Steve Carlton 9 IP, 7 H, 1 R, 2 K

For Boxscore, click here

u should find a way to have like a season and sim the games. it would be pretty hard cuz of all the teams, u would have like 6 different leagues,,lol. just a thought though ;)

it's not a bad idea, but i enjoy playing with the classic teams. i sim some when i do "normal" dynasties, but it's not often you get to play with the likes of mike schmidt, harmon killebrew, and such. :D

it's not a bad idea, but i enjoy playing with the classic teams. i sim some when i do "normal" dynasties, but it's not often you get to play with the likes of mike schmidt, harmon killebrew, and such. :D

yeah, thats true, i dunno how u would structure it though, cuz 120 teams cant play each other unless u could edit the leagues schedule length

Pool 4, Round 3

Lefebvre's Two Run Blast Sends Bums Into Final Four Against

Philadelphia

46tig65bumpr1.png

1faiqn2.png2kouka4.png

Both pitchers pitched effectively today, with Hal Newhouser going six strong innings for Detroit, allow-

ing two runs on three hits while striking out eight. His opposition, Sandy Koufax, went seven strong,

allowing just one earned run on five hits while punching out six. (Left) Newhouser gets Ron Fairly

swinging in the first inning. (Right) Koufax delivers a pitch to Eddie Lake in the sixth inning, getting a

swinging strike for the second out of the frame.

3kellyv0.png

George Kell attempts to snag a line drive by Sandy Koufax in the fifth inning, but can only knock it

down, allowing Koufax to reach safely with a single and Wes Parker to score from third for the first run

of the game.

4kellqy9.png5bloai2.png

(Left) George Kell slides across home plate for Detroit's first run of the contest in the seventh inning.

(Right) The next batter, Jimmy Bloodworth, doubles to right center, scoring Roy Cullenbine to tie the

game 2-2.

6faiub9.png7ovlt8.png

8lefft6.png9detnl7.png

Oh, what a crazy ninth inning: (Top Left) The first batter of the inning, Ron Fairly, misses a walkoff

home run by mere feet. He would later walk in a seven pitch at-bat. (Top Right) Fairly would advance

to third on a throwing error by pitcher Stubby Overmire on an attempted pickoff. (Bottom Left) After

Lou Johnson and Wes Parker each popped out weakly, it looked as if extra innings would soon be upon

us. However, Jim Lefebvre put those thoughts to rest with a towering blast to left field, giving the Dod-

gers a 4-2 victory. (Bottom Right) The Tigers bench soaks in the end of their tournament run.

Scoring

B5: Koufax single scores Parker; Gilliam walks, Lefebvre scores

T7: Tebbetts sacrifice fly scores Kell; Bloodworth double scores Cullenbine

B9: Lefebvre two run HR

W - Miller L - Overmire

Player of the Game:

Jim Lefebvre 1-3, HR, 2 RBI, 2 R

For Boxscore, click here

Computers **** me the **** off.

This thing can handle all kinds of ****, but a little damned baseball game confuses the hell out of it.

The Royals were up 6-2 in the bottom of the seventh, but St. Louis came back to tie it 6-6 on a RBI double by Stan Musial and three run home run by Enos Slaughter. Then, during the top of the eighth, it crashed when showing the Royals bullpen.

It was the second game I attempted - the first crashed in the first inning during a pickoff throw.

When I'm less pissed, I'm going to try it at Busch Stadium to see if it will go through. We'll see.

Pool 4, Round 3

Slaughter's Two Home Runs Power Cards Into Final Four

77roy46cardmj9.png

1maytf4.png

"Big" John Mayberry shoots a grounder past the diving Stan Musial in the first inning, scoring Freddie

Patek for the first run of the game.

2slals1.png

Enos Slaughter answered right back for St. Louis with a two run home run in the bottom of the first,

giving the Cardinals a 2-1 lead.

3patum8.png

The score would remain 2-1 until the fifth inning when Freddie Patek (pictured) lined a double into

left-center, scoring Darrell Porter to tie the game. Kansas City would add one more run in the frame

on a sacrifice fly by Amos Otis to take a 3-2 lead.

4musot7.png

St. Louis' big hitters would quickly respond to the recent lead change, scoring three runs on two con-

secutive swings. First, it was Stan Musial (pictured) that provided the power, blasting a two run home

run into the upper deck in right field. Then, for the second time in the contest, Enos Slaughter cleared

the fences, putting the Cardinals up 5-3.

5laclk2.png6otvo2.png

(Left) Kansas City got off to a lightning start in the top of the ninth, collecting three straight singles off

St. Louis closer Ken Burkhart. The third such hit was by pinch-hitter Pete LaCock (pictured) and scored

Hal McRae from second base. (Right) Burkhart settled down, striking out Doug Bird and Freddie Patek

before getting Amos Otis (pictured) to ground out to third, ending the game and sending the Cardinals

into the Final Four.

Scoring

T1: Mayberry single scores Patek

B1: Slaughter two run HR

T5: Patek double scores Porter; Otis sacrifice fly scores White

B5: Musial two run HR; Slaughter solo HR

B8: Schoendienst solo HR

T9: LaCock single scores McRae

W - Pollet L - Leonard S - Burkhart

Game Notes:

In the bottom of the fifth inning, an error was charged to Royals center fielder Amos Otis on a batted

ball by Joe Garagiola. It was later changed to a single. Earned runs were not effected by the scoring

change.

Player of the Game:

Enos Slaughter 3-5, 2 HR, 3 RBI, 2 R

Stan Musial 2-3, HR, 2 RBI, 2 R, 2 BB

For Boxscore, click here

Pool 4, Round 3

One Mistake Hands Pitcher's Duel To Ford, Yankees

01dback53yankex2.png

1grakq7.png2rizus8.png

Pitching and defense dominated the game today as both offenses were held to just two hits a piece.

(Left) Mark Grace makes a diving stop on a line drive by Joe Collins in the bottom of the fourth inning.

(Right) Phil Rizzuto lays out to rob Damian Miller of a hit in the top of the sixth inning.

3johwx2.png

Randy Johnson made just one mistake on an otherwise stellar day, going 7.2 innings, allowing two

runs on just two hits while striking out five.

4baufd8.png

The one mistake Randy Johnson made proved to be the deciding factor in the Diamondbacks loss. The

mistake occured in the bottom of the sixth inning when Johnson hung a slider to Yankees right fielder

Hank Bauer that ended up in the stands in left field. The blast gave New York a 2-0 lead and would

prove to be the only runs scored in the game.

5fordua7.png

Whitey Ford was brilliant today, going the distance in a two-hit, shutout effort. Ford recorded just one

strikeout on the day, getting his counterpart Randy Johnson swinging in the third inning.

Scoring

B6: Bauer two run HR

W - Ford L - Johnson

Game Notes:

After Whitey Ford gave up a hit to Mark Grace to lead off the top of the third inning, he retired 20 str-

aight hitters before Tony Womack singled with two outs in the ninth. He then got Jay Bell to ground

out to end the game.

Player of the Game:

Hank Bauer 1-3, HR, 2 RBI

Whitey Ford 9 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 1 K

For Boxscore, click here

we're staying alive ;)

if Ford keeps pitching like that, they'll be hard to beat. :D

u should make a download w/ all the teams on it, I would definetly play then.

you mean a mod with all the teams in this tournament?

if so, that's what i'm using - it's called "Total Classics 6." and from what I hear, TC7 is coming out soon. here's a link to TC6:

http://mvpmods.com/Downloads/details/id=2546.html

arguably the best mod out there.

Archived