Total Classics Madness :D

sfgiantsflgators

Who's going to win Total Classics Madness?  

17 members have voted

1. 1.

• 1909 Pirates
    • 1979 Pirates
    • 1965 Twins
    • 1965 Bums

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pool 4, Final Four

Koufax Goes The Distance To Send Los Angeles Into Pool 4 Finals

80phi65bumqo4.png

1wilim9.png

Maury Wills (pictured) led off the bottom of the first with a triple to left-center and scored two batters

later when Willie Davis grounded out to first, giving Los Angeles an early 1-0 lead.

2carhi4.png

Steve Carlton went seven strong innings today, allowing four runs on just four hits while striking out

nine. Unfortunately for Carlton and the Phillies, they were facing Sandy Koufax.

3johnzn2.png

Steve Carlton's only major mistake came to the tune of three runs. In the bottom of the fourth, Dod-

gers left fielder Lou Johnson blasted a towering three-run home run to left field, putting Los Angeles

up 4-0.

4booyu2.png

In a perfect example of how things went for Philadelphia today, Bob Boone lined a blistering shot up

the middle in the eighth inning, only to have it caught by Sandy Koufax for a harmless out.

5kouav6.png

Sandy Koufax threw a complete game shutout against the Phillies today, allowing just five hits while

striking out six and sending Los Angeles into the Pool 4 Finals.

Scoring

B1: Davis grounds out, Wills scores

B4: Johnson three run HR

W - Koufax L - Carlton

Player of the Game:

Lou Johnson 1-3, HR, 3 RBI

Sandy Koufax 9 IP, 5 H, 0 R, 6 K

For Boxscore, click here

how do I get it to work, I put it in my files and dunno what to do next, could u help me out when you get a chance please. thanks ;)

Total Classics 6 is a complete game mod. So, before you do anything, copy your entire MVP Baseball 05 folder, paste it somewhere, and rename it Total Classics 6 (or something that will tell you it's the Total Classics game). Both MVP Baseball 05 and Total Classics 6 are in my EA Sports folder, but you can put the Total Classics folder anywhere you want as long as you know where it's at.

After doing that, unzip the Total Classics file you downloaded. When it's unzipped, there'll be an "install" file. Double click that to start the install. When the menu pops up, make sure that your Total Classics folder is selected as the destination folder. It's recommended that you use the "backup files" button before installing.

When you're ready, click install and let it do it's thing. When it's installed, you should have two games - MVP Baseball 05 and Total Classics 6. The game icon to start Total Classics will be in the Total Classics folder. Make a shortcut of it and throw it on the desktop (or where you happen to keep such things), then fire it up. :D

Hopefully that didn't confuse the hell out of you - if you have trouble, here's the link to the official TC6 thread. They will help you out more in there if something doesn't work right:

http://mvpmods.com/Forums/viewtopic/t=24184.html

uh-oh, now its getting good....lol

yep - there's only one game to go before the Pool 4 Finals. Then just one game before the Total Classics Final Four starts.

...which means that a decision on seeding will be made soon. TwentySeven had a good idea that I'm leading towards (seeding based on point differential) - if there are other suggestions, fire away. All input is appreciated.

when I extract it, it completes and then it says close and the installer box thing doesnt pop up why is this?

mvpmods.com/Forums/vie...24184.html

Go to the above thread for help. Please stop hijacking this thread. SFGiant is playing out a great dynasty, and there is no need for you to clutter it up.

mvpmods.com/Forums/vie...24184.html

Go to the above thread for help. Please stop hijacking this thread. SFGiant is playing out a great dynasty, and there is no need for you to clutter it up.

here's a clickable version of the link DJ put up:

http://mvpmods.com/Forums/viewtopic/t=24184.html

as DJ mentioned, it's the best thread for help. in my experience, the Total Classics guys are very quick to assist someone. good luck - it's a great mod that i'm sure you'll enjoy! :D

EDIT:

the plan is to finish Pool 4 this weekend, then get everything set up for the Total Classics Final Four next week - give or take a few days. can't believe this thing is almost over - can't wait to see how it plays out!

Pool 4, Final Four

Mother Nature Can't Drown Out Yankees Bats As New York

Heads To Pool 4 Finals With 4-1 Victory

The day started off sunny in New York - but the arrival of torrential rains and blustery winds brought

gloomy skies over Yankee Stadium. As far as Yankee fans were concerned though, the blue skies

never left.

For Cardinals fans, however, the rains put a sudden end to their Total Classics championship hopes.

St. Louis got out to an early 1-0 lead on a sacrifice fly by Enos Slaughter in the first inning, scoring

Red Schoendienst, who had started the game with a single.

The Yankees answered quickly, tying the game 1-1 on a solo shot by Joe Collins in the bottom half

of the frame. Both pitchers looked shaky to start the game, hinting that it could be a day ruled by off-

ense.

After Whitey Ford put up three straight 1-2-3 innings, and Howie Pollet two straight, the Yankee off-

ense finally broke the tie on a three run blast by Gene Woodling. As soon as the next hitter, Billy Mar-

tin, strolled up to the plate, darkness engulfed Yankee Stadium.

The lights came on and play continued, with winds swirling throughout the concourses. After Ford got

yet another 1-2-3 inning in the top of the fifth, the rains came. By the time the sixth inning was over,

the warning tracks were virtual moats - forcing the umpires to wave out the tarp.

After three and a half hours of waiting, it was obvious that Mother Nature wasn't going to let the

teams finish what they started. With the Yankees up 4-1, the game was officially called, sending New

York into the Pool 4 Finals against Los Angeles.

1sch6gw.png

Red Schoendienst slides around Yogi Berra, scoring on a sacrifice fly by Enos Slaughter for an early 1-0

Cardinals lead.

2col6in.png

The Yankees answered right back, tying the game 1-1 in the bottom of the first on a solo shot by Joe

Collins.

3woo8mm.png

The deciding blow in tonight's rain shortened game came in the fourth inning when Gene Woodling

went deep to the tune of three runs, putting New York up 4-1.

20midtown7qe.jpg

Mother Nature b**ch slaps New York, cutting short the Cardinals/Yankees game.

Scoring

T1: Slaughter sacrifice fly scores Schoendienst

B1: Collins solo HR

B4: Woodling three run HR

W - Ford L - Pollet

Bums v Bombers

#4 1965 Dodgers vs #2 1953 Yankees

Just like Pool 3, Pool 4's Final pits two World Series Champions against each other as the 1965 Los Angeles Dodgers face off against the 1953 Yankees.

1965 marked the third World Series title for the Dodgers since their move from Brooklyn after the 1957 season. In 1965, three of the top 5 finalists in the NL MVP voting were Dodgers (Sandy Koufax, Maury Wills, and Don Drysdale) - an award won by San Francisco Giants great, Willie Mays. Sandy Koufax was the unanimous NL Cy Young Award winner, posting a 26-8 record with a 2.04 ERA and 382 Ks.

The 1953 Yankees brought home the 16th championship in franchise history with a 99-win effort, taking the AL pennant by 8.5 games over Cleveland. Loaded with talent, the Yankees led the AL in both hitting and pitching, scoring 801 runs (most by 31) while giving up 547 (least by 45).

How They Got Here (1965 Dodgers):

Round 1 - #29 1964 Athletics 0, #4 1965 Dodgers 5

Round 2 - #13 1929 Cubs 5, #4 1965 Dodgers 6

Round 3 - #21 1946 Tigers 2, #4 1965 Dodgers 4

Final Four - #8 1980 Phillies 0, #4 1965 Dodgers 4

How They Got Here (1953 Yankees):

Round 1 - BYE

Round 2 - #15 1964 Orioles 1, #2 1953 Yankees 4

Round 3 - #7 2001 Diamondbacks 0, #2 1953 Yankees 2

Final Four - #3 1946 Cardinals 1, #2 1953 Yankees 4 (6)

Real Life Season and Playoff Results (1965 Dodgers):

Manager - Walter Alston

1965 record - 97-65, First in the National League, World Series Champs

1965 WS - 4-3 Dodgers over Twins

All-Stars - Don Drysdale, Sandy Koufax, Maury Wills

NL Cy Young - Sandy Koufax

Future HOFs - Don Drysdale, Sandy Koufax

Real Life Season and Playoff Results (1953 Yankees):

Manager - Casey Stengel

1953 record - 99-52, First in the American League, World Series Champs

1953 WS - 4-2 Yankees over Dodgers

Future HOFs - Yogi Berra, Whitey Ford, Mickey Mantle, Johnny Mize, Phil Rizzuto

Another crash? That sucks, hope you can get it fixed.

Whitey does it again :)

Go Go Yankees!

yeah...it's so random, so it's hard for me to pinpoint what's causing it and/or if it's something i can control. guess the glass half full way to look at it is that it adds spontaneity to the recaps - but, just like when a game i'm watching is cut short, i'd much rather see it played out until the end.

oh well :D thanks for checking in!

Pool 4, Finals

Fairly's Walk-Off Web Gem Hands Bums Pool 4 Title

65bum53yank4rd.png

1col8rg.png2bau7gq.png

The Yankees half of the first inning had many Dodgers fans worried, as the Bombers got two straight

singles from Joe Collins and Hank Bauer, bringing up Mickey Mantle with two on and one out. Mantle

doubled down the right field line, scoring Collins (left) for the first run of the game. Sandy Koufax would

get a little help from poor Yankees baserunning, however, as the next hitter, Yogi Berra, grounded to

second. Bauer misread the hard grounder and bolted for home, becoming an easy target for Dodgers

second baseman Jim Lefebvre and catcher Johnny Roseboro for the second out of the inning (right).

The Yankees would get one more run when Mantle came home on a single by Gil McDougald; but the

lost run would prove costly.

3par2bt.png4fai6gk.png

Los Angeles tied the game with two solo home runs, one in the second by Wes Parker (left) and the

other in the sixth by Ron Fairly (right).

5par8xc.png

With the score tied 2-2, Yankees manager Casey Stengel left Whitey Ford in to start the top of the

ninth to face the Dodgers 6-7-8 hitters. Stengel's decision came back to haunt him immediately as Wes

Parker hit the second pitch of the inning into left field for his second home run of the game, putting Los

Angeles up 3-2.

6fai1nb.png7yank0lk.png

The Yankees entered the bottom half of the ninth needing two runs to win Pool 4. With Andy Carey

(having entered the game by double switch in the top of the ninth) on first courtesy of an intentional

walk and two outs, Joe Collins came to the plate as the winning run. (Left) With the count 2-1, Collins

sent a screamer towards the stands in right field for what appeared to be the game-winning home run.

Dodgers right fielder Ron Fairly slowly strolled towards the wall, seemingly giving up on the ball; but, in

an instance, Fairly was airborne (left). And before Collins touched first, a pop could be heard around

New York - the pop of ball meeting glove as Fairly secured the final out of the game. (Right) Starting

pitcher Allie Reynolds (left) and Gene Woodling (right) react to the stunning end of their tournament

hopes.

Scoring

B1: Mantle double scores Collins; Woodling single scores Mantle

T2: Parker solo HR

T6: Fairly solo HR

T9: Parker solo HR

W - Willhite L - Johnson S - Perranoski

Player of the Game:

Wes Parker 3-4, 2 HR, 2 RBI

Ron Fairly 2-4, 2B, HR, RBI

For Boxscore, click here

wow...what a way to end the pools...lol, its a shame none of the pinstripes are gonna be there

i'd much rather see the yanks in there than the f'n bums...

oh well - it was one of the most entertaining games i've played in MVP 05 (and it's mods). i easily could have posted 20 pictures...only three more games before a champion is crowned!

EDIT:

after I post the Pool 4 MVP, I'll post the seeding for the Final Four. I've decided to use TwentySeven's idea and go by point differential.

Archived