Padres brown semi-concept jerseys

SloppyChris

Hey everyone,

These jerseys probably don't deserve their own thread, but since this is my first ever mod I thought it'd be fun to start one. The idea behind these jerseys is to provide a since of history using the color brown, which the team wore from 1969 - 1990. Also, brown ties together the friar motif, without being the ugly 'taco bell' jerseys of the 80s many folks despised.

I'm excited to have finally learned one mod entirely from start to finish, though the learning curve was steep.

I'll post a couple screens so if anyone has any constructive criticism they can let me know. Also if Kccitystar or TheSpungo have any issues with me jacking their jerseys and accessories respectively,let me know and it won't be submitted. Thanks to those guys and Ray Lankford from the SOSD.com Padres forums for help with the concept.

brownalt3hr2.jpg

brownalt4pg8.jpg

brownalt6ya3.jpg

brownalt5rp2.jpg

Expect a brown alternate soon.

They look good. I'd use them.

What you should have done before you got started is PM KC and Spungo to ask them if you could use their stuff.

Well Spungo's readme said he wouldn't mind, and I've noticed KC's stuff has been used before. Either way it's a learning experience so I'll come out ahead no matter what they say.

But yeah that would have been the responsible thing to do.

They look good. I'd use them.

What you should have done before you got started is PM KC and Spungo to ask them if you could use their stuff.

My sentiments exactly on both sentences he said, and that is, if you plan on releasing them.

I've mixed and matched some of KC's stuff but am not releasing them.

Also, I like your white uni set best. The other stuff...I just don't like them or the real ones in real life. Good idea with the brown hat.

Archived