Photoshop Problems

NYM

I'm trying to erase something in photshop, but everytime I go to erase, it doesn't. Does anyone know the problem.

Eraser Settings

Opacity and Flow 100%

Brush

Erase to History checked off.

Why won't the eraser erase!?

There's only one layer (bakround layer)

In photoshop as most photoshop users know, there are to boxes for colors. You can have two selected at once. The top box is for the color your using, the lower box is for a second color. Just say I have the colors white and red selected, white on top, red on the bottom.

When I go to erase it erases in the color of the bottom box: red.

Also, don't you have to rename the background as a layer before you can erase it? Anytime I try without doing that, I get the background color on my pallate where I was erasing.

Like in the layers window, where it says "Background" double click it and then you can rename it. I don't know why that works, but that is what I have to do.

Also, don't you have to rename the background as a layer before you can erase it? Anytime I try without doing that, I get the background color on my pallate where I was erasing.

Like in the layers window, where it says "Background" double click it and then you can rename it. I don't know why that works, but that is what I have to do.

Thanks this worked!

Archived