Rutgers

NYM

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yay Rutgers. Feeling the Scarlett fever in the Empire State too. Yay, I usually don't root for them, but they're helping move my Fighting Irish up spots, little by little, come on, who knows how these voters decide who goes to what bowl, in my opinion, whoever came up with the system was high on paint but maybe we can get the major bowl. A lot to be said in a sentence, rather a run on sentence, but heres its main points. Go IRISH!

See thats why college football is messed up. They need to do it like college basketball.

No, that would be too much. They just need some sort of a playoff system.

Something more like the NFL would do. Hypothetically, the best team will win (though its usually the hotter team) and it might be suitable for the college ranks. How about 2 plays 25, 3 plays 24...etc, 13 plays 14 and the number 1 seed gets a bye the 1st round.

Maybe that would be too many games, they are college students after all.

i say take the top four and make that the playoff...1 vs 4, 2 vs 3, winners in the title game. but it'll never happen.

Problem with that (it's still better then my system probably) is that then instead of big corporations deciding who gets into the bowls, it'll jus sway who gets those seeds. The BCS is a dumb system anyway, filled with many flaws, lets go with NYM, take 64 teams and the best survives :wink:

Yippie! That was an awesome game.

Rutgers is playing Cincin, Syracuse and West Virginia next. The only tough game may be West Virginia who are doing great in their own right. I see Rutgers going to 10 next week and if they beat the remaining three, I see them maybe going to at most 8. Another top 10 team will have to lose and we'll see what happens with Michigan and Ohio State, which will be another great game. After continuously seeing Seton Hall losing to Duke, it's nice to see a New Jersey college do well. Poor Pirates. Maybe Rutgers will be number 1 next year. Nah ... most likely not. :party1:

*Edit*

You can't have top 4 teams playing in a playoff .. it stil may not include deserving teams .. and anyting going more than the usual bowl season would not be that good. The best is to have a playoff system but that will take about 4 or 5 weeks, which is the length of the bowl season. Money talks and some of the conferences, sponsors and stadium owners won't like that but that is what they'll have to do to avoid controversy. Perhaps they can have a bye week for the top ranks as in the NFL but something needs to be done regardless. Off hand, I would take the top 16 games, which would take 15 games, 4 weeks or even 32 teams, 31 games, 5 weeks with the first game being played in the stadium of the lowest seed ... or something similar if you take into account first round byes.

Problem with that (it's still better then my system probably) is that then instead of big corporations deciding who gets into the bowls, it'll jus sway who gets those seeds. The BCS is a dumb system anyway, filled with many flaws, lets go with NYM, take 64 teams and the best survives :wink:

i'll be the first to admit that the bcs is dumb, but it's usually the top two seeds that create the controversy - most will concede that the top four seeds each year deserve it...it's just the order they are in that is debatable.

This is perfect NOW! If Michigan loses to Ohio State next weekend, they'll be able to face them in a rematch for the National Title... SO AMAZING.... theres no way Florida will get in, their loss was against Auburn and if Michigan were to lose it'd be to the number 1 team in the state... YES! I love Rutgers!

This is perfect NOW! If Michigan loses to Ohio State next weekend, they'll be able to face them in a rematch for the National Title... SO AMAZING.... theres no way Florida will get in, their loss was against Auburn and if Michigan were to lose it'd be to the number 1 team in the state... YES! I love Rutgers!

how is there no way florida gets in cause "their loss was against auburn", who happens to be the #6 team in the bcs? if ohio state beats michigan, they'll have a rematch. the only way michigan makes it is if they lose in a last second field goal. if ohio state wins the game outright, michigan is out.

Archived