Total Minors Conversion

Dagger147

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea, the plan I would use is just do a Low A replacement first, with new logos, unis etc, but using the same rosters as normal mvp, so it's just a straight swap with High-A.

Then in Phase 2 I would move up all the teams one level, and then edit the rosters to be accurate to all four levels.

But obviously, it's up to you guys for what you want to do and how you want to do it, just my advice.

I looked around today at some of the Sally league teams, and some of them don't have any roster info or pictures that I could make portraits from, and they won't have anything until next season starts. milb.com still has playoff rosters, so they're not as accurate as they would be mid-season.

Yea, the plan I would use is just do a Low A replacement first, with new logos, unis etc, but using the same rosters as normal mvp, so it's just a straight swap with High-A.

Then in Phase 2 I would move up all the teams one level, and then edit the rosters to be accurate to all four levels.

But obviously, it's up to you guys for what you want to do and how you want to do it, just my advice.

We could definitely use you help with this, if you have the time of course. If not, I understand.

Won't the rosters have to be replaced? Wouldn't it mean that we'll be having high A players playing in the low A?

I looked around today at some of the Sally league teams, and some of them don't have any roster info or pictures that I could make portraits from, and they won't have anything until next season starts. milb.com still has playoff rosters, so they're not as accurate as they would be mid-season.

I guess we could just use what's available.

Changing the rosters around is a piece of cake. You just have to mess around with the .dat files a little bit.

The Packers are playing on MNF tonight, so I won't get as much done as I could otherwise.

Which roster did you want to use for this? I've got permission to use any cyberfaces. I can do every portrait that we'll need, although we'd need permission from a bunch of people with already-existing portraits.

And uniforms are going to be a pain in the butt. I've never done them before, but I'd be willing to give them a try if that's what it takes.

Well, i just meant since both kg's and UR roster sets both have Low-A prospects mixed in with High-A, that a roster change wouldn't be essential in a possible Phase 1. Of course kg may have a different opinion and since he's doing the rosters I guess that's up to him.

I can help out where possible, although I am knee-deep in modding MVP 94 right now, where I'm actually wishing I had planned things a little better from the start :)

Changing the rosters around is a piece of cake. You just have to mess around with the .dat files a little bit.

The Packers are playing on MNF tonight, so I won't get as much done as I could otherwise.

Which roster did you want to use for this? I've got permission to use any cyberfaces. I can do every portrait that we'll need, although we'd need permission from a bunch of people with already-existing portraits.

And uniforms are going to be a pain in the butt. I've never done them before, but I'd be willing to give them a try if that's what it takes.

Well...I guess you're doing the rosters. :smile:

Hopefully, we won't have too many problems with getting permissions. If you know who they are, send me a PM and I'll try to get them.

I've been trying to find a site that has images of all of the minor league uniforms, but no luck so far.

Well, i just meant since both kg's and UR roster sets both have Low-A prospects mixed in with High-A, that a roster change wouldn't be essential in a possible Phase 1. Of course kg may have a different opinion and since he's doing the rosters I guess that's up to him.

I can help out where possible, although I am knee-deep in modding MVP 94 right now, where I'm actually wishing I had planned things a little better from the start :)

I'll leave the first part up to kg. :smile:

Thanks, Hory. I appreciate all of your suggestions. Pretty soon you'll get so tired of me asking questions, you'll put me on ignore. :lol:

Also did a few portraits. I'm going to hold off on most of them since a whole new set will be out once the minor league season starts. I'm going to assume that most players will be moving up a level, so I'm only going to do portraits of teams that in my experience have not had pictures for their High A team. Teams like Sarasota, Tampa, and Dunedin don't have their own website (they're a part of milb.com). That way we'll at least have some sort of portrait for most players, if all this makes sense.

untitled1nb5.gif

For some reason, I didn't move those SAL league files over to the new computer. But I've got the resources to redo them. Is there a deadline for this project? It might be January before I have serious time on my hands....

--Eric

I probably wouldn't release anything until late March or early April. That would give us more time to ensure everything runs smoothly.

What did you all do with those teams?

Dagger is going to have the final say as to when he wants stuff done, but I'm going to be working on it as much as I can to have it done asap.

Moi? I think we should do this democratically. We should all have an equal say as to what to do and when to do it.

Also did a few portraits. I'm going to hold off on most of them since a whole new set will be out once the minor league season starts. I'm going to assume that most players will be moving up a level, so I'm only going to do portraits of teams that in my experience have not had pictures for their High A team. Teams like Sarasota, Tampa, and Dunedin don't have their own website (they're a part of milb.com). That way we'll at least have some sort of portrait for most players, if all this makes sense.

untitled1nb5.gif

Those are great! That definitely makes sense.

We should probably get a list together on who's doing what and what's required to get it all done.

Archived