Total Minors Conversion

Dagger147

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Realistically, I'd like to get this done by Spring Training. From a roster standpoint, I'd have to basically do everything over again since many players will be moving up/down, not playing anymore, or be in the bigs once the season starts.

That definitely makes a lot of sense. We can wait until after the season starts just to make sure everything's up to date.

I've been working on the AAA and AA schedules for Hory, so I'll dupilcate them and also work on the MLB schedule just so that I have it available.

Here's how I figure it will be done:

AAA will follow the MLB schedule

AA will follow the AAA schedule

High A will follow the AA schedule

Low A will follow the High A schedule

Hopefully, that makes some kind of sense.

I have home logos for most of the A-level minor leagues.

And I DID do all of the SAL League, but I lost them when my old computer died. I'll get them remade by April at least.

--Eric

If you need any assistance, let me know. Just let me know what you need done.

I've been working on the AAA and AA schedules for Hory, so I'll dupilcate them and also work on the MLB schedule just so that I have it available.

Here's how I figure it will be done:

AAA will follow the MLB schedule

AA will follow the AAA schedule

High A will follow the AA schedule

Low A will follow the High A schedule

Hopefully, that makes some kind of sense.

I've already done the 2007 schedule, obviously you're welcome to use it if you need to.

You don't really need to work on the schedules specifically for this conversion, if you moved a team up a level, for example Daytona Cubs replacing the Smokies, Daytona would play any Tennessee game on the AA schedule, and you wouldn't have to make any changes to it.

Realistically, I'd like to get this done by Spring Training. From a roster standpoint, I'd have to basically do everything over again since many players will be moving up/down, not playing anymore, or be in the bigs once the season starts.

That's why I suggested having "Phase 1" as just a replacement of High-A teams with Low-A without having to redo the entire rosters.

And then in "Phase 2" you could have the entire rosters redone with AAA replacing MLB and 'proper' Low-A and High-A teams and so on

I've already done the 2007 schedule, obviously you're welcome to use it if you need to.

You don't really need to work on the schedules specifically for this conversion, if you moved a team up a level, for example Daytona Cubs replacing the Smokies, Daytona would play any Tennessee game on the AA schedule, and you wouldn't have to make any changes to it.

That's why I suggested having "Phase 1" as just a replacement of High-A teams with Low-A without having to redo the entire rosters.

And then in "Phase 2" you could have the entire rosters redone with AAA replacing MLB and 'proper' Low-A and High-A teams and so on

Thanks Hory. I'm working on the AAA and AA for your schedule. Same as last year. Since I was doing that, I figured I'd also use them for this conversion. Of course, since you told me not to make the A schedule, I'll have to make one now. :smile:

BTW, you mentioned that there was a problem with the amount of games the A teams play. Is that a problem with MVP or their actual schedule?

Thanks Hory. I'm working on the AAA and AA for your schedule. Same as last year. Since I was doing that, I figured I'd also use them for this conversion. Of course, since you told me not to make the A schedule, I'll have to make one now. :smile:

BTW, you mentioned that there was a problem with the amount of games the A teams play. Is that a problem with MVP or their actual schedule?

Well, there's 140 High-A games in the MVP schedule as in real0life, but I was never able to get your A schedule to work last year, as the number of games didn't seem to match up. In theory it should have been fine, but there just seemed to be too many or too little games.

Well, there's 140 High-A games in the MVP schedule as in real0life, but I was never able to get your A schedule to work last year, as the number of games didn't seem to match up. In theory it should have been fine, but there just seemed to be too many or too little games.

I'll make sure I double and triple check everything this time before I send them to you. It looks like all of the AAA teams have their schedules posted. Quite a few are missing the start times, though. As soon as they put the times in, I'll send them to you.

The Free Agent pool will be almost completely empty once we get rid of the MLB teams, so here's what I'll do. I'll keep guys that played in any minor league games in the pool, and then look up players that were released during the minor league season and add them in (only the ones that aren't in my roster, obviously).

The Free Agent pool will be almost completely empty once we get rid of the MLB teams, so here's what I'll do. I'll keep guys that played in any minor league games in the pool, and then look up players that were released during the minor league season and add them in (only the ones that aren't in my roster, obviously).

Sounds good.

this is a wonderful idea! i switched a few mlb teams with minor league teams (they are in the downloads section) last year and i have to say playing with a minor league team as your main team is a lot of fun - for some reason it feels more like "your" ballclub.

btw switching around the .dat files is the quickest way to move around all the minor league teams, but when it comes to teams in the mlb slots you unfortunately have to actually swap out all the files (logos, sound etc) .

Anyway, good luck with this project and although my time is limited this winter, please let me know if i can be of any help.

edit: also, wanted to suggest that if all the AAA teams for this conversion are teams that already exist in MVP, then moving those teams up to the MLB slots might be a good PHASE 1 for the project.

this is a wonderful idea! i switched a few mlb teams with minor league teams (they are in the downloads section) last year and i have to say playing with a minor league team as your main team is a lot of fun - for some reason it feels more like "your" ballclub.

btw switching around the .dat files is the quickest way to move around all the minor league teams, but when it comes to teams in the mlb slots you unfortunately have to actually swap out all the files (logos, sound etc) .

Anyway, good luck with this project and although my time is limited this winter, please let me know if i can be of any help.

edit: also, wanted to suggest that if all the AAA teams for this conversion are teams that already exist in MVP, then moving those teams up to the MLB slots might be a good PHASE 1 for the project.

Thanks for the advice. I'm still trying to figure out what needs to be done for Phase 1. At first, I thought it'd be a piece of cake. Now I see how much work's involved.

Also, thanks for lending your support.

• 2 weeks later...

I've got so much going on with my roster right now that I don't really have the time or interest to work on this project right now. Maybe this will be something that gets done midseason or something. I have 4 team rosters done, so it's not like we have absolutely nothing done, so hopefully this will get done some time.

I've got so much going on with my roster right now that I don't really have the time or interest to work on this project right now. Maybe this will be something that gets done midseason or something. I have 4 team rosters done, so it's not like we have absolutely nothing done, so hopefully this will get done some time.

I agree. I've got a lot going on also (work, home, etc.). I do want to do this though. Mid-season will work. We can work on a little at a time. It's not like there's an absolute deadline.

Archived