Survey for School

sully04

Alright so I'm writing an article for a class on tattoos and their current trend in society. So I would like as many of you as possible to respond to this. If you have a tat why did you get it? If you don't why don't you? Also do any of you watch the television programs "Inked" or "Miami Ink" ? Pretty basic survey. If you want to say a little more than that feel free. I appreciate any responses.

Thanks,

Sully

I dont have any tats but I do watch Miami Ink. I watch it for the same reason I watch American Chopper (no bike affiliation there). Its appealing. Its nice to see someone with a talent make something brilliant out of nothing. I might get a tattoo someday but at the present time I dont see the need to.

I am 26 years old, and I do NOT have a tattoo. The reason I do not, is because there is nothing in my life (at this point) that I feel strongly enough about to permanently mark on my body. This doesn't mean I don't feel strongly or passionate about things - just not the kind of things you would tattoo on your body.

I was close to getting a tattoo one time: It was going to be a U.S. Army tattoo across my shoulder blades (similar to where your name is on a football jersey) that would've read "U.S. ARMY" in the standard stencil font.

After I was injured shortly before graduation from basic, I decided (obviously) not to get it.

Skin sags later on. Ink has a tendency to run together on saggy skin. A lot of the people I've talked to don't like them anymore. Some get them for no good reasons without thinking i.e. tweety bird on the ankle or something. A ton of girls like to get them on the lower back where they can hardly see them. I like to label this particular tat the "ho stamp" excuse my language

Skin sags later on. Ink has a tendency to run together on saggy skin. A lot of the people I've talked to don't like them anymore. Some get them for no good reasons without thinking i.e. tweety bird on the ankle or something. A ton of girls like to get them on the lower back where they can hardly see them. I like to label this particular tat the "ho stamp" excuse my language

lol. I've always heard it called the "Tramp Stamp."

i do not have a tattoo. i decided that i would only get one if i ever came up with a cool design myself. although i go to art school, and do lots of "art-ing" I still haven't drawn anything I would call cool enough to permanently fix on myself. and i dont watch any of those tv shows either.

Thanks you guys. I knew this community would respond. These are exactly the sort of thing I was hoping for. These combined with the other audiences I asked should give me a wide enough base for a valid response. Again thanks to those who have already responded, and I will certainly welcome more.

Maybe I did go a bit overboard...

...but those two wild animals that are apparently licking my nipples should calm me down.

:tongue:

Oh my sweet dear lord. I don't know what was funnier... the statement you typed, the little emoticon, or the combination of the two.

I know I type "lol" a lot - but I am actually laughing out loud this time.

Archived