NY sports a joke

evil1182

If you’re from NY or a NY sports fan you can’t help but be disappointed with the way ALL NY teams are playing, the future for the Mets looks bright, but NY hasn’t had a championship in ANY sport since the Yankees in ’00. The Knicks hadn’t had a championship since the 1972–73 season, the Rangers since ’94, the Mets in ’86, The Jets hadn’t had a SB appearance in 39 years, the Giants hasn’t won anything since 1990. If it wasn’t for the Yankees domination in the 90’s NY sports would be a joke, NY is the greatest city in the World but our sports franchise’s aren’t doing anything but getting richer. What are your thoughts about this.

Baseball is tough to win in even with a 200 million dollar payroll. But the Knicks not winning a championship is a disgrace. They had the talent in the 90's but kept choking.

Knicks, Jets, Rangers (NY), Mets fan. I would jump in on this thread, but honestly I don't have to write a whole paper on why I am cursed to root for these teams. I'm starting to feel that I'm not gonna see another championship in my life. I did see the Rangers in '94 and thought it was gonna be a magical year with the Knicks, but after that it all has seemed to go downhill. Atleast I'm not a Cardinals fan (Arizona).

I am a Giants, Rangers, Knicks, and Yankees fan. I'm from Queens but I was always a Yankees fan. I have seen at least one Yankee game and one basketball game. Football and Hockey, not interested in those sports too much, though I love watching football on TV.

i wouldn't say it's a joke. it's not like all of your teams suck and can't make the playoffs... they're all contenders and not teams that are written off at the beginning of the year... who cares if they haven't won anything? (yeah... i know every sports fan cares if their teams win something... but that's not the point i'm trying to get accross)

i wouldn't say it's a joke. it's not like all of your teams suck and can't make the playoffs... they're all contenders and not teams that are written off at the beginning of the year... who cares if they haven't won anything? (yeah... i know every sports fan cares if their teams win something... but that's not the point i'm trying to get accross)

What's the point of playing if your not gonna win it all? This isn't little league where good sportsmanship is quite important. (Though I must say, the Mets chemistry and charisma did make this season a lot better then any other season I can remember, even 2000 when we made the WS)

Waaaaa my $9000 million dollar payroll hasn't bought my team a championship in like 3 months, I'm such a victim! I'll root for the Devil Rays or Royals instead because the sport's economic structure hasn't hindered them from a championship (or at least trip to the playoffs) at all!

Feel sorry for me!

Waaaaa my $9000 million dollar payroll hasn't bought my team a championship in like 3 months, I'm such a victim! I'll root for the Devil Rays or Royals instead because the sport's economic structure hasn't hindered them from a championship (or at least trip to the playoffs) at all!

Feel sorry for me!

Oh boy, here we go.

In actuality I don't feel bad for any of my NY sports teams. The way they play in the season I will be critical, of course, but in the post season, it's all luck to me.

The Knicks, they've been the laughing stock of the league for about a decade.

It's hard to feel bad for a city whose last championship was 7 years ago. I'm from Vancouver, BC, so the only pro sports team we have is the Canucks who have never won a Stanley cup, and our last appearance was in 94 (lost to the Rangers). At least there's a hope that in any year a NYC team could win a title (save for the Knicks, of course).

The closest thing we have to a champion in any sport is the BC Lions who won the CFL Grey Cup, but that's kinda like winning a Double A pennant.

If we can count the Jets and Giants, he can count the Chiefs.

>_>

*runs*

No, technically Kansas City is in a different city than STL, that's like us including the Buffalo teams or the Nets. The Giants and Jets are NY teams even though they play in Jersey.

No, technically Kansas City is in a different city than STL, that's like us including the Buffalo teams or the Nets. The Giants and Jets are NY teams even though they play in Jersey.

But people in Stl root for KC, the way we root for the Jets n Giants, so I would count it. Who made these rules you speak of anyway? Root for whoever you want. :D

Archived