The Trading Thread

TwentySeven

This thread is quite simple: Some people just don't want to post every day for their dynasty, so they don't have their own thread. This thread is for people who want to get help or thoughts about various dynasty trade proposals and that sort of thing...

In my Dodgers dynasty, I have made one trade and am thinking about the second....

The one I made:

I gave David DeJesus and Jason Kubel up for Matt Kemp, Jeff Cirillo, and Anderson Hernandez. Then I dealt Cirillo for Chris Ray.

The one I need advice on:

Is Nick Swisher for Doug Davis straight up a good trade? I have Davis, and he has overperformed, he has a 2.00 ERA, but poor peripherals. As little as peripherals mean, I have a ton of young starters and I have been shopping him for a while. I have Todd Helton at first for the next two years (including this one), but I'm already trying to find a young guy to take over. I think this trade might be good - I could play Swisher in the OF and then when I let Helton go he would take over. This also saves me a bit of cash. Is this fair? Should I try to demand for a bit more?

Any team would rather have the 26 year old Swisher than the 31 year old Davis, but because Davis is a solid lefty, I think I'd keep him for now. The fact that Swisher can play the corner outfield positions along with 1b is intriguing, but I'd only pull the trigger if you need outfield help.

EDIT: Now that I think about it more, I'd want Swisher. He's a big time bat that could plug the 4-6 hole for you. If you've got someone ready to step in to a starting role, I'd do it.

I'm in the middle of my Red Sox dynasty, and I am looking for a closer to finish my games. I have a slew of starting pitcher so I was looking to trade Josh Beckett. I was wondering who I should try and go after?

Some possibilities:

K-Rod

Houston Street

Chad Cordero

Bobby Jenks

Who should I try to get one of the above four or another closer?

I'm in the middle of my Red Sox dynasty, and I am looking for a closer to finish my games. I have a slew of starting pitcher so I was looking to trade Josh Beckett. I was wondering who I should try and go after?

Some possibilities:

K-Rod

Houston Street

Chad Cordero

Bobby Jenks

You definitely want a package deal - Josh Beckett for a closer + something else. You have to figure out what you can get the other team to throw in in addition. Give us some players on each of those teams you would be interested in (apart from the closers themselves). Also list what other relief options you have and those teams have. It helps to get an idea of your and their bullpen situations.

Some possibilities:

K-Rod

Houston Street

Chad Cordero

Bobby Jenks

Honestly, if I'm you I'd look to get Frankie Francisco, the setup guy from the Rangers. For whatever reason he's always way undervalued in MVP, often in the minors, despite having two 90ish pitches. I always pick him up for my teams, and he can be had cheap.

The rosters are KG's latest update. As of right now I have Joel Pinero closing and the rest of my bullpen consists of Donnelly, Timlin, Okajima, Hansen, Romero, and Tavarez. I found one option for K-Rod and two options for B.J. Ryan.

The trade for K-Rod:

BOS gets

K-Rod

Figgins

Quinlan

LAA gets

Beckett

Mirabelli

Pedroia

Option 1 for Ryan:

BOS gets

Ryan

Zaun

TOR gets

Beckett

Mirabelli

Option 2 for Ryan

BOS gets

Ryan

Hill

TOR gets

Beckett

Pedroia

Adivce?

NYY Gets Alfonso Soriano, 100K Pitcher (forgot name)

WAS Gets Robinson Cano, Ching Ming Wang

oo.. WAS got a steal in my opinion ^_^ Soriano K's too much..

(2008 Season)

My best trade was = Travis Ishikawa, Armando Benitez, Brian Wilson to STL for Albert Pujols.. Yes, great deal for me. Pujols was on the trading block cuz STL drafted some stud 18 year old first basemen and all pujols did was pinch hit. So I took a Stab at'm and got'm! w00t!

however.. i had no closer, so that kinda screwed me up, but who cares, i have pujols! haha

oo.. WAS got a steal in my opinion ^_^ Soriano K's too much..

(2008 Season)

My best trade was = Travis Ishikawa, Armando Benitez, Brian Wilson to STL for Albert Pujols.. Yes, great deal for me. Pujols was on the trading block cuz STL drafted some stud 18 year old first basemen and all pujols did was pinch hit. So I took a Stab at'm and got'm! w00t!

however.. i had no closer, so that kinda screwed me up, but who cares, i have pujols! haha

wow, Pujols is still so young then and they put him up on the block, they shoulda put him back in the OF

The rosters are KG's latest update. As of right now I have Joel Pinero closing and the rest of my bullpen consists of Donnelly, Timlin, Okajima, Hansen, Romero, and Tavarez. I found one option for K-Rod and two options for B.J. Ryan.

The trade for K-Rod:

BOS gets

K-Rod

Figgins

Quinlan

LAA gets

Beckett

Mirabelli

Pedroia

Option 1 for Ryan:

BOS gets

Ryan

Zaun

TOR gets

Beckett

Mirabelli

Option 2 for Ryan

BOS gets

Ryan

Hill

TOR gets

Beckett

Pedroia

Adivce?

Do the Angels trade. The trades for Ryan are basically Beckett for Ryan, with each team swapping what amounts to players of equal values. And there is really no way that Beckett is equal to Ryan, he is worth much more as a stud young starter. IMO you are still getting stiffed with that Angels trade, but it is by less.

I'd definitely do the first Ryan trade. The Red Sox have plenty of players able to start, so gaining a top notch closer for a decent starter (who can be replaced by Lester or Pineiro) and a definite backup catcher upgrade from Mirabelli to Zaun seems logical to me. Although, I do like the idea of getting Figgins to help play anywhere there's a player struggling.

I ended up going with the K-Rod trade but instead of Beckett I added Tim Wakefield and they accepted that so my new rotation is Schilling, Beckett, Matsuzaka, Runleyves Hernandez(great in the minors), and Matt Clement (because Papelbon got injured for 56 days :neutral: )

to fix out my rosterI moved Figgins to second (really needed the speed) and I called up Kotarras and sent down Hansen (not doing to well)

Thanks for your input.

I ended up going with the K-Rod trade but instead of Beckett I added Tim Wakefield and they accepted that so my new rotation is Schilling, Beckett, Matsuzaka, Runleyves Hernandez(great in the minors), and Matt Clement (because Papelbon got injured for 56 days :neutral: )

to fix out my rosterI moved Figgins to second (really needed the speed) and I called up Kotarras and sent down Hansen (not doing to well)

Thanks for your input.

Well if you had told us they were willing to take Wakefield, I would have easily told you to go for it.

What happened to Jon Lester?

Well if you had told us they were willing to take Wakefield, I would have easily told you to go for it.

I didn't know that they were going to do it for Wakefield but when I tried they accepted so I figured it was better to give up a 40 year old then a 26 year old.

What happened to Jon Lester?

I was going to call him up but Hernandez was pitching in the minors with a 1.26 ERA and a 3-0 record. I figured I'd give him a chance as Lester was 2-2 with a 3.42 ERA.

I am preparing to begin a Reds dynasty using kgbaseball’s latest rosters. My intention is to deal realistically (i.e. no fleecing of prospect-rich organizations for marginal players). That said, I want to trade for a solid starting pitcher to lock-in at number 3 in my rotation behind Harang and Arroyo. I consider no one on the team or organization to be untouchable. Here are a few requirements:

1. I have ~$8 million in my budget, and would like to have at least $5 million left over after this trade is executed.

2. If the pitcher is over 30, I prefer that he have no more than 2 years left on his current deal. I am hoping that Homer Bailey is ready to step up into the rotation by 2008.

3. GABP is a fly ball haven as many of you know, so please, no Eric Miltons (i.e. flyball pitchers) as one is enough. Strong groundball pitcher preferred (i.e. Webb, but the D-backs are not going to trade him).

4. Any trade involving Dunn or Griffey would have to yield a power bat in return as well.

Two names I have in mind right now are Aaron Cook and Jake Westbrook. Westbrook seems more realistic as the Reds and Indians have consummated many deals over the years, but I’m not sure that they are willing to give up starting pitching. I’d love to hear ideas for trade proposals for these guys plus anyone else you all can think of.

I am preparing to begin a Reds dynasty using kgbaseball’s latest rosters. My intention is to deal realistically (i.e. no fleecing of prospect-rich organizations for marginal players). That said, I want to trade for a solid starting pitcher to lock-in at number 3 in my rotation behind Harang and Arroyo. I consider no one on the team or organization to be untouchable. Here are a few requirements:

1. I have ~$8 million in my budget, and would like to have at least $5 million left over after this trade is executed.

2. If the pitcher is over 30, I prefer that he have no more than 2 years left on his current deal. I am hoping that Homer Bailey is ready to step up into the rotation by 2008.

3. GABP is a fly ball haven as many of you know, so please, no Eric Miltons (i.e. flyball pitchers) as one is enough. Strong groundball pitcher preferred (i.e. Webb, but the D-backs are not going to trade him).

4. Any trade involving Dunn or Griffey would have to yield a power bat in return as well.

Two names I have in mind right now are Aaron Cook and Jake Westbrook. Westbrook seems more realistic as the Reds and Indians have consummated many deals over the years, but I’m not sure that they are willing to give up starting pitching. I’d love to hear ideas for trade proposals for these guys plus anyone else you all can think of.

What about Derek Lowe? With the new additions to the Dodgers rotation, I'm sure they could let him go. An experienced vet is always good to have :)

Which team were you?

NYY, Wang was really de-progressing (2009 season) and Cano was sharp but his AVG was a tee bit low (.194) with 78RBI and 3 HR.

So with Soriano I used him as a No.1 hitter putting Damon in No.3 spot... didn't work so I put Soriano in the No. 3 hole with A-Rod in clean-up spot and it worked. The next year he became a free agent and I then signed Shelley Duncan to a 2 year/ 1 million deal and a No. 9 hitter and did pretty good just a couple of errors.

Westbrook is clutch in my Indians dynasties, always! He always seems to get the ground-ball DP just when you need it! The Indians could use a right-handed bat in the middle of the lineup to protect Hafner a little better. Plus, the Indians have a lot of good young pitching. If you have a good right-handed bat, whether in MLB or on the cusp in AAA, I'd offer that bat and maybe a half-decent relief pitcher.

Archived