Custom McFarlane Football Figures

Pirate

So I interviewed Todd McFarlane for work and he told me people customize his action figures. So I looked into it and it's pretty fun. Difficult, but fun. I have a couple more in the works, but I made two Cleveland Browns Joshua Cribbs of Kent State and Charlie Frye of Akron.

I've got it down pretty well now, let me know what you think.

frye.jpg

frye2.jpg

frye3.jpg

cribbs6.jpg

cribbs4.jpg

cribbs7.jpg

It's the flash...

I take the figure apart removing the helmet, head, chin strap, feet hands arms legs everything. I coat them with primer then paint them with the main colors, I make decals using photoshop, apply the daecals touch up everything and seal it. Probably about 7-10 hours of work on each figure.

I am willing to make them for people if Todd has not made your favorite player. There is of course a cost involved.

It's incredible fun. I have a LeCharles Bentley and Bernie Kosar nearly completed... i toss up some photos when they are done.

I am willing to make them for people if Todd has not made your favorite player. There is of course a cost involved.

What's the base price of an action figure, and what's the additional price for the customization?

I may request one as a gift for someone.

The base price for finding one at retail is $10 - $15. Older and harder to find players/body types can reach up to $25 (if you plan on customizing it).

Generally, customizers charge $50-75 extra for the labor, depending on how extensive the work is that needs to be done. Pirate, I'm sure, has his own rate.

I paid $150 for a 12" Pujols one, I only bought it because the guy had a deadbeat bidder on eBay and he needed money for vacation.

Archived