MP3 players

CCH3900

I'm thinking of getting an MP3 player in 2-3 weeks, maybe one. Anyway, which should i get. The two i'm debating are:

Creative Zen Vision M: 30 GB, A/V support, USB, C$300, Black

Apple iPod (don't really want to, but if you convience me otherwise): 30 GB, A/V Support, USB/Firewire, C$280, Black or White

Notes: I hate iTunes

I don't want to get an iPod because:

1) Everyone else has one

2) I really don't like the scroll wheel. If I wanna scroll down a long list, I'd rather just hold down then keep swirling my thumb around.

I have Zune. It's really good since it can hold videos (WMV) and pictures that you can use as your background. It's 30 GB. The music can be MP3 or WMA, I believe. I just don't like that there's no Stop button, but I think they don't make them on anything anymore. Oh yeah, and they bow down to that DRM crap, too.

You can't use it as a portable hard drive, as you can with iPod.

Another annoyance I find with it is that once you put a file on the Zune, you cannot edit its info. Songs, album title, artist, genre, even Album Art cannot be changed once the song or video (I imagine photo also) is on the Zune. Retarded and unnecessary. Does that fall in with DRM sh*t, too?

I love my iPod, and I never touch iTunes. I use SharePod - a small software title that you install onto your iPod, allowing you to use it if you hook up to any computer, anywhere.

All the features and the support of the iPod make it the best choice in my opinion. I have played with the Zune on several occasions at stores... not impressed. It's not bad at all - but I'd still take the iPod first. And this is from someone that HATES APPLE.

The only time I ever open iTunes, is to install a software update on to the iPod, or if I wanna add some videos or ACTUALLY buy something from their on-line store (the latest season of The Office, for example).

Ipod video its looks great its nice not too big.

Those creative things looks ugly IMO.

And itunes rocks you got so many skins for it and i think its way easier too use then Windows Media Player.(Multi Plugin is the program for skins and you can download more on the internet)

Ipod video its looks great its nice not too big.

Those creative things looks ugly IMO.

And itunes rocks you got so many skins for it and i think its way easier too use then Windows Media Player.(Multi Plugin is the program for skins and you can download more on the internet)

They aren't ugly.

One feature I would like to see on a 30gig mp3 player is the line transfer feature. You can plug a special cable into another cd player, mp3 player, or any other headphone port and record a song from the other device onto your mp3 player. The only mp3 player I know that has this feature is a sony one (not sure of the name), but its max size is 1 gig.

Hey Raptor does that SharePod or whatever work with the iPod video?

I think there's a newer version than I have that DOES work with video - but otherwise, I use iTunes to copy videos onto my iPod. As long as you turn AutoSync off - iTunes isn't anything other than a copying utility.

Archived