Philliesphan18's Background Overhaul

philliesphan18

i use nfshtool. that way you can paste your picture over the current one and re-size it as necessary without having to guess what size it's supposed to be. then use any of the different installing options to install the fsh files (kraw's install everything tool, compmaniac's installer...)

Ok - Thanks.

Also, I noticed a black bar at the bottom of the menu pictures. It isn't the same size for all of them, why is that there and why is it a different size in some?

Sorry for all the questions, this is a bit more difficult than I imagined when I started, but I'm not about to give up!

i use nfshtool. that way you can paste your picture over the current one and re-size it as necessary without having to guess what size it's supposed to be. then use any of the different installing options to install the fsh files (kraw's install everything tool, compmaniac's installer...)

I'm not finding nfsh tool. I've searched all over the place. Could someone point me to it? Thanks.

I DLed nfshtool, but I am having some trouble using it.

#1 - the thing won't even start up for me, but I think it's because I have to open a fsh file using it, so that one might already be solved.

#2 - Do I have to extract every fsh file, stick in my new pic, and import them into the .big files again?

Any help with these questions and general help with the program would help me out a lot.

Thanks

You drag and drop .fsh files onto nfshtool. That should then create a folder for you with your .bmps. Make the necessary changes and drag and drop the index file onto nfshtool to re-pack the file. That should provide you with a .fsh file. I think Kraw's installer has an option to upload .fsh files into background.big etc... So just use that software - that way you wouldn't have to fool around with compressing the files if they are not.

Ok, so I am starting to make some progress on this mod, inserting screens little by little as I get time, but this latest batch I put in has made the game crash. It quits to the desktop after the Griffey Loading Screen. Is there a way I can find out what is up without starting all over?

Thanks in advance!

It could be that your anti-virus/anti-spyware (if you have it running) is interfering with your game. Or another thing could be is that the last set that you installed may not be of the right size or the right format. Just back track and make sure of the right size.

What did you install?

Archived