Hope Springs Eternal: A 2007 Cubs Dynasty

Maestro23

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dynasty Update:

Chicago pitching just too much for Atlanta. Zambrano tied for league lead in wins. Dempster still leads league in saves. D. Lee is in a slump. Cubs have increased lead over Houston to 3.5 games. St. Louis is 4.0 back.

Loving the dynasty maestro, looks like you got a bit of breathing room now with 3.5 and 4.0 over houston and st louis, dont let em creep too much, next thing you know you're playing catch up out of nowhere :p

Thanks stEdfuNK. Yeah, just a little. :smile:

I'ts a shame that I want see Houston or St. Louis until after the break. I was hoping to do some direct damage to both teams. :smile:

Unless you play the cardinals and they get hot and win 2 or even sweep, and houston wins 2 or sweeps their guy, then youre in it deep

Very true, but I was trying to be positive and think "happy" thoughts. :smile:

I love it when the Division is tight from the get-go though.

Thanks MR777 and JR. The pitching was just on fire that series, not to mention some great defense out in the field. I love pitching with Zambrano. When I can setup his sinker/splitter, he's money. :smile:

I feel better with that 3.5 game lead JR. It's a shame that I want see Houston or St. Louis until after the break. Although, I see the 2nd half of the season, I will be going up against them alot. Got to create some distance between me and them before then. :smile:

Dynasty Update:

Cubs escape Milwaukee with series win. Sweet Lou falls asleep at the wheel in Game 2.

Four Chicago starters now have 7 wins on the season. Soriano is now 5th in All-Star voting for the outfield. Houston has slipped to 3rd place, and St. Louis is now at the Cubs' backdoor looking in.

You just did get out of Brew Town with the series, way to hang on in that last game, M. Don't you love a 1 run, 4 hit win?

Glad to see Houston sliding down the ladder, but the way St. Louis played me, I'd probably be a little more nervous with them knocking on the back door.

If I'd had known J. Jones had a vertical of 4 1/2', he'd probably have a few more games under his belt. :)

Great series, M, and as always, great update as well.

ps - get Lou off the meds, he's a natural motivator ;)

You just did get out of Brew Town with the series, way to hang on in that last game, M. Don't you love a 1 run, 4 hit win?

Glad to see Houston sliding down the ladder, but the way St. Louis played me, I'd probably be a little more nervous with them knocking on the back door.

If I'd had known J. Jones had a vertical of 4 1/2', he'd probably have a few more games under his belt. :)

Great series, M, and as always, great update as well.

ps - get Lou off the meds, he's a natural motivator ;)

Man, I hate going up against Sheets as you can see. :smile: I knew going into that game that hits/runs would be at a premium, but Geez. :smile:

That Jones' catch, I think my whole neighborhood might have heard me. :smile:

Man, I totally blew Game 2. I tried to squeeze too much out of Marquis (he's lagging behind in the wins department as you can see), didn't have my lefthander up in the bullpen in time to face Jenkins and BAM! I didn't think Jones was going to deliver a clutch pinch-hit like he did, that's why Blanco's fat butt was still out there on the basepaths in the 9th. :headache:

Of course, I had to blame it on someone else... :wink:

With St. Louis catching fire, and Houston still right there, I am leaving nothing to chance anymore in any games. :smile:

oohh nice catch, did you use photoshop to erase that jet pack?

btw purple haze - great song :p

ROFL... Nah, he did that with old-school special effects. If you look closely, you can see the wires. :smile:

Love J. Hendrix as well.

Man, I hate going up against Sheets as you can see. :smile: I knew going into that game that hits/runs would be at a premium, but Geez. :smile:

That Jones' catch, I think my whole neighborhood might have heard me. :smile:

Man, I totally blew Game 2. I tried to squeeze too much out of Marquis (he's lagging behind in the wins department as you can see), didn't have my lefthander up in the bullpen in time to face Jenkins and BAM! I didn't think Jones was going to deliver a clutch pinch-hit like he did, that's why Blanco's fat butt was still out there on the basepaths in the 9th. :headache:

Of course, I had to blame it on someone else... :wink:

With St. Louis catching fire, and Houston still right there, I am leaving nothing to chance anymore in any games. :smile:

Ah, the 'Hope I didn't distract the neighbor's with that unbelievable catch/hit/play' celebration..

I'm glad you posted this, now there's documented proof that I'm not the only one. :)

As far as Sheets, I've probably lost an 1/8" off the plane of my teeth just not trying to get owned by that nasty changeup. Any win you can get off of him is a good one.

Take it and run. :)

Ah, the 'Hope I didn't distract the neighbor's with that unbelievable catch/hit/play' celebration..

I'm glad you posted this, now there's documented proof that I'm not the only one. :)

As far as Sheets, I've probably lost an 1/8" off the plane of my teeth just not trying to get owned by that nasty changeup. Any win you can get off of him is a good one.

Take it and run. :)

Man, JR, I still celebrate cool stuff in videogames like I did sooo many years ago back in the day. I will never get tired of videogames. They will have to pry the gamepad/joystick from my cold-dead hands. :smile:

Yeah, Sheets was mixing that changeup in very well.

Dynasty Update:

Man, am I glad to get out of Atlanta. Braves take the series 3-1 from the Cubbies. Andruw Jones hits for the cycle. Bullpen is in Lou's Doghouse.

Bullpen changes. Angel Guzman sent down to Iowa. Carlos Marmol called up for bullpen work.

Have a 2-game lead over 2nd place Houston. St. Louis is just a 1/2 game behind them. Last place Mariners are coming to the friendly confines next. Hope a can get a sweep.

Did I mention, I'm glad to be out of Atlanta. :headache:

Dynasty Update:

Man, am I glad to get out of Atlanta. Braves take the series 3-1 from the Cubbies. Andruw Jones hits for the cycle. Bullpen is in Lou's Doghouse.

Bullpen changes. Angel Guzman sent down to Iowa. Carlos Marmol called up for bullpen work.

Have a 2-game lead over 2nd place Houston. St. Louis is just a 1/2 game behind them. Last place Mariners are coming to the friendly confines next. Hope a can get a sweep.

Did I mention, I'm glad to be out of Atlanta. :headache:

At least you took one from them, M. For some reason, the Braves are tough on paper.

Man, this division is getting tight, this should be fun to watch. :)

Dynasty Update:

Man, never judge a team by its record. Seattle came into my house and beat me like I stole something. It was not a good series at all. I swear that Bartman and The Goat were in Wrigley somewhere. :smile:

There are some players catching that "Midnight Train" to Iowa.

Technical difficulties affect coverage of Game 2. (Dam* WGN). :smile:

D. Lee has made the All-Star balloting.

A. Ramirez is back on the DL.

Houston has closed the gap to just 1 game. :headache:

1st-place SD comes into the friendly confines next.

Ramirez on the DL? If that happened in my dynasty, I'd be packing the whole team for Iowa...To the field of dreams, and retreat to the corn.

It. would. be. over. :)

Anyway, sorry to hear that M, especially when things are getting tight.

When it rains, it pours. ;)

Ramirez on the DL? If that happened in my dynasty, I'd be packing the whole team for Iowa...To the field of dreams, and retreat to the corn.

It. would. be. over. :)

Anyway, sorry to hear that M, especially when things are getting tight.

When it rains, it pours. ;)

Thanks JR. Man, the 2 games I did get to play, Ichiro was a royal pain in my backside. :smile: Then "King" Felix made me go get in a corner and curl up in the fetal position. :smile: Man, he was tough to hit as you can see.

I interested to see what Soto can do. Hopefully he can do more the Koyie Hill did with the stick. The pitching has GOT to hold up. Soriano has forgotten how to hit. Ramirez is feeble all the sudden. D. Lee has got to start coming through with men on base. I could go on & on, & on...

I knew it was a bad omen when I kept crashing while trying to play game 2 and then had to sim it. Oh well, makes things fun and interesting when the division is tight. :smokin:

Archived