Hope Springs Eternal: A 2007 Cubs Dynasty

Maestro23

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey man, I'm just curious, but do you have to pay to use DynastyManager.com? As far as I can tell, you get a 30 day trial and then you have to pay, but I'm not sure.

I joined when that site first started, and my account was free. Have access to everything. I'm not sure how they are working the accounts after the trial is over.

hopefully you can take over the lead, or keep it close with houston

Thanks redsfan. I am just finishing up the SD update. Let's just say the Cubbies are back in 1st and newly acquired catcher Rob Bowen said goodbye to San Diego in a big way. :smile:

Dynasty update:

Cubs sweep Padres. Bowen exits with a Bang. We are back in 1st-place, but only by 1/2 game.

Jacque Jones is on the hot seat. His struggles at the plate as well as in the field, have Sweet Lou thinking about giving him some pine time. He has the LA series to show Lou otherwise.

Looks like you have another team to worry about - St. Louis (4.5 GB). This is quite a battle that you got going. I am sure the gameplay is quite entertaining for you.

I am having fun with this dynasty. I try to bring that out in my writing/presenation. :smile:

You're right redsox, I've been so worried about Houston, that the Birds have snuck up on me. I can remeber when Houston and I had a 6-8.0 game lead over the rest of the divison. :smile:

Bowen can't wear number 14! That's Mr. Cub's number! Good dynasty, though...

Doh! I know. I didn't catch it till after the update. It has been changed for the Dodger series. The equipment managers have been fired!!! :smile:

Thanks for checking my page out man.

I am having fun with this dynasty. I try to bring that out in my writing/presenation. :smile:

You're right redsox, I've been so worried about Houston, that the Birds have snuck up on me. I can remeber when Houston and I had a 6-8.0 game lead over the rest of the divison. :smile:

Nice sweep, M! Good to see Bowen with some sort of revenge, even if it wasn't warranted. Anything to get some wins. :) Good job on taking back the Central lead.

I hear you about the Birds, I've been so busy looking up at Houston, the Cards have snuck up on me as well.

Good luck with Los Angeles!

Nice sweep, M! Good to see Bowen with some sort of revenge, even if it wasn't warranted. Anything to get some wins. :) Good job on taking back the Central lead.

I hear you about the Birds, I've been so busy looking up at Houston, the Cards have snuck up on me as well.

Good luck with Los Angeles!

Thanks JR. Yeah, I went back and looked at the Cardinals in SavReader, and at one point they had won like 7-8 in a row. I love it though that the Division is tight. Makes things fun and interesting.

Dynasty Update:

Cubs sweep struggling Dodgers. The Goat has struck: Newly acquired Rob Bowen goes down with injury. Soriano starting to heat up, and Dempster leads league in saves.

*Congratulations to Frank Thomas. He hit his 500th and 501st homeruns in my Dynasty.

Dynasty Update:

Cubs sweep struggling Dodgers. The Goat has struck: Newly acquired Rob Bowen goes down with injury. Soriano starting to heat up, and Dempster leads league in saves.

*Congratulations to Frank Thomas. He hit his 500th and 501st homeruns in my Dynasty.

Oh no, not the goat. Too bad about Bowen, I know all too well about injuries. Any thoughts on who will be replacing him? Blanco? Soto?

The additional piece on Thomas adds more depth to what is going on around the league.

Great work and good job on the sweep, and way to slap the Stros back to where they belong.

Oh no, not the goat. Too bad about Bowen, I know all too well about injuries. Any thoughts on who will be replacing him? Blanco? Soto?

The additional piece on Thomas adds more depth to what is going on around the league.

Great work and good job on the sweep, and way to slap the Stros back to where they belong.

Thanks JR. Man, I really hate it about Bowen, I love his hitting zones. :smile:

Blanco tore it up in the 1 game he caught in LA. He hit the ball really well on his 4-for-4. Hill is just not getting it done. Soto is looking pretty good down at Iowa, he might get the call before I start the Florida series.

I tell ya man, having MVPSavReader sure makes it easier keeping up with the rest of the league. I was going to do a bigger writeup for Thomas (add anoter page to the mag), but I was just too tired after watching the Cubs last night. :smile:

Pie and Pagan are looking good down in Iowa. I woud love to bring them up and see what they can do. The outfiled is just soo crowded. :smile:

Soriano is starting to turn things around, I hope. Has that average up to a whopping .227 :smile:

wow, 3 straight shutouts! What are those Cubbies eating? lol

Yeah, you never know what the establishments are searving down in Wrigleyville. :smile:

Man, Dempster almost blew his first save in Game 3. Dodgers had bases loaded and where getting those hits that find every hole in the defense. He needs to think the boys in the field for his last save, they made some spectacular plays. :smile:

I thinking about doing a highlight reel for a game out of each series, or some series highlights. What do you guys think?

Yeah, you never know what the establishments are searving down in Wrigleyville. :smile:

Man, Dempster almost blew his first save in Game 3. Dodgers had bases loaded and where getting those hits that find every hole in the defense. He needs to think the boys in the field for his last save, they made some spectacular plays. :smile:

I thinking about doing a highlight reel for a game out of each series, or some series highlights. What do you guys think?

I'd love to see a highlight reel, M. In fact, are you thinking about posting it (them) here? Your dynasty page relfects some great work, but I wouldn't mind to see some of it here. Your write ups are top notch, I'm sure more would enjoy reading them.

I realize it's double the work, and it's understandable if you keep it on your page.

Anyway, Bowen and K. Hill have done absolutely nothing for me, so I may have to dig deeper to get someone behind the plate that can put the ball in play as well. Glad to hear Blanco is tearing it up for you.

I've noticed (in this game) Soriano is very streaky. From what I've experienced, he just needed some time to come around.

Great job on the wins, and good luck against the fish. :)

I'd love to see a highlight reel, M. In fact, are you thinking about posting it (them) here? Your dynasty page relfects some great work, but I wouldn't mind to see some of it here. Your write ups are top notch, I'm sure more would enjoy reading them.

I realize it's double the work, and it's understandable if you keep it on your page.

Anyway, Bowen and K. Hill have done absolutely nothing for me, so I may have to dig deeper to get someone behind the plate that can put the ball in play as well. Glad to hear Blanco is tearing it up for you.

I've noticed (in this game) Soriano is very streaky. From what I've experienced, he just needed some time to come around.

Great job on the wins, and good luck against the fish. :)

Yeah JR, I would love to post it over here as well. I don't know if the "mag" images are too big for the image limitations on the site. And if I have to shrink it down, then it might become too small to read.

Thing is, that I get alot of "hit" on my page over there, but not alot of feedback like we do here with each other's dynasties (that's what makes it worth while). There are just soo many dynasties over there though, heck I can't keep up with all the ones that I have marked over there to read.

I'm going to see what I can do to the mag to post if over here in a readable format. Thanks for the comments man on my writeups man. I just try to capture how much fun I'm having playing the games. :smile:

That was definitely a very nice addition to show whats happening around the league. BTW, how did you create the Team Metrics? Its a very nice addition to categorize the wins and losses by the teams that you have played against. Also, just wondering if you could provide the standings for all the teams in the league.

That was definitely a very nice addition to show whats happening around the league. BTW, how did you create the Team Metrics? Its a very nice addition to categorize the wins and losses by the teams that you have played against. Also, just wondering if you could provide the standings for all the teams in the league.

Thanks redsox. That Team Matrix is something cool the DM Admin came up with over there. That is site controlled.

In my mag, on pages 5-6 are the League News pages. You will find Standings, Transactions, Injuries/Suspension, Milestone tracking, and All-Star voting.

Thanks for checking the page man. :wtg:

Sweet. Thanks for letting me know. BTW, I was checking out the rosters and the in-game snapshot of some of the players are quite amazing. I guess I just need some time to maneuver around the site, but I think I got a hang of it now. :smile:

Sweet. Thanks for letting me know. BTW, I was checking out the rosters and the in-game snapshot of some of the players are quite amazing. I guess I just need some time to maneuver around the site, but I think I got a hang of it now. :smile:

Thanks for the compliments. Most people miss the fact that your can scroll thru the mag. :smile:

Glad you're taking the time to check it out. Thanks man. :smile:

Hey, M. What the he** is going on with those Fish?

These lulls in your updates are killing me. I'm hooked now, M. I can't take it. :)

Man, this RL stuff is killing my game time. Getting ready to leave work now. Knocking out the last two games of the series as soon as I get home.

I'm glad you're hooked though :smile: Also, I'm working on a way to adapt the mag to be posted over here as well.

Man, this RL stuff is killing my game time. I wish I could work from home like some of my friends. :smile: Getting ready to leave work now. Knocking out the last two games of the series as soon as I get home.

I'm glad you're hooked though (just like I'm on yours) :smile: Also, I'm working on a way to adapt the mag to be posted over here as well.

Work at home? :whistle:

*cough, cough*

ANYWAY, great news on that update. It sounds like some work, but I'm sure it'll be a gem. :)

Archived