Hope Springs Eternal: A 2007 Cubs Dynasty

Maestro23

Hey guys, I've had a Cubs dynasty over at Dynastymanager.com for awhile now and have found out that some guys here have been checking it out. I knew JoeRudi was keeping up with it, but some other's have been as well.

This will be my update thread for over here. Whenever I update, I will post the link here.

Thanks to those that take the time to check it out. It is a work in progress with my meager PS skills. Bear with me. :smile:

Update: Just swept the Pirates to stay in 1st-place and keep Houston at bay, 2 games back.

Page link: http://www.dynastymanager.com/dm360.cgi?u=Maestro23&s=mlb

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys, I've had a Cubs dynasty over at Dynastymanager.com for awhile now and have found out that some guys here have been checking it out. I knew JoeRudi was keeping up with it, but some other's have been as well.

This will be my update thread for over here. Whenever I update, I will post the link here.

Thanks to those that take the time to check it out. It is a work in progress with my meager PS skills. Bear with me. :smile:

Update: Just swept the Pirates to stay in 1st-place and keep Houston at bay, 2 games back.

Page link: http://www.dynastymanager.com/dm360.cgi?u=Maestro23&s=mlb

It gets better with each update. No go fend off those Astros! :fencing:

Punching bag Pirates. lol

You better keep your eye on those Astros, M, they're breathing down your neck. ;)

Man, tell me about it. I can't shake them. It's us and then the rest of the division. Just finished up the Pirate series, update will be posted later this evening.

I believe I've got a big 4-game series with the Braves coming up. I hate pitching to that lineup. :headache:

Man, tell me about it. I can't shake them. It's us and then the rest of the division. Just finished up the Pirate series, update will be posted later this evening.

I believe I've got a big 4-game series with the Braves coming up. I hate pitching to that lineup. :headache:

Yeah, good luck with that rotation. I don't look forward to it either. ;)

there will be retaliation? lol, sounds just like Lou.

i'm lookin' forward to it.

LOL. There will be, trust me. :smile:

I mean, they just drilled my players with no provocation on my part whatsoever. Next series against them, I'm taking out one of their big guns. :wtg:

Looks like you got Marquis, Hill, Zambrano, and Miller going for you in NY. I say you would at least split the series. Looks like Zambrano and Miller have been automatic and Hill has been phenomenal for you as well. BTW, where is Prior? Also, Demester has been lights out for you so far.

I don't know if I have mentioned this before or not, but that DailyCub website type look is very well done. Anyway, great job man. Take care.

Holy Cow! Cub fans. Their is turmoil in the Windy City.

Houston has caught the Cubbies as Chicago runs into a couple of buzz-saws in Gotham.

Locker room is in chaos. Zambrano has lost his last 3 starts and is blaming Barrett (I could not have scripted this better) :smile: Barrett is not happy with his playing time.

Sweet Lou will be giving him some pine-time for the upcoming White Sox series. Catcher Koyie Hill has been called up from Iowa. Blanco sent down.

Sweet Lou is not happy right now boys and girls.

*Man, I must say that Shea Stadium looks so sweet in those screenshots. Mad props to Pirate and the other Stadium modder. :wtg:

Update:

Cubs take 2 out of 3 from crosstown rival White Sox. The big news however is the trade between the Cubs and Padres.

Cubs get backup catcher Rob Bowen and minor league outfielder Kyler Burke, while the Padres get catcher Michael Barrett and cash considerations.

Bowen will share catching duties with Koyie Hill for now.

Funny thing: Cubs are heading to San Diego for 3-game series. :smile:

No prob JR. Hill caught Game 1. Bowen is going to catch game 2. Won't get to play the game till this evening though.

Cool. I'm going to be checking in. He hit the ball pretty solid in his first game in my Dynasty, but he didn't really get a 'good' pitch to drive.

I'm curious how he'll do for you. Good luck, I'll be checking in. :)

Hey M, would you mind posting your results on Bowen in this thread?

Thanks, man. :)

Here ya go JR. Game 2 and it was Zambrano's start. Bowen not only called a good game, he swung a pretty good stick as well.

Rob Bowen: 2-3, 2B, K

I know it's just one game, but he has the edge for the starting catcher's spot right now. I like where his "hot" zones are, and he hit the ball solid both times.

Here ya go JR. Game 2 and it was Zambrano's start. Bowen not only called a good game, he swung a pretty good stick as well.

Rob Bowen: 2-3, 2B, K

I know it's just one game, but he has the edge for the starting catcher's spot right now. I like where his "hot" zones are, and he hit the ball solid both times.

That's great, M. I agree about the hot zones. Like I said, he hit the ball good and solid for me, but he never quite got 'that' pitch.

Hopefully these are good signs to come.

Thanks for the info.

Hey Maestro..

I saw you posted about a trade analyzer. Checkout My Dynasty I added a spreadsheet I am working on to try and make better trades. It is in the early stages.

Let me know if it helps.

Ok, ALB. Thanks for the heads-up. :smile:

No wonder you are happy to get out of New York - shutout in 3 of the 4 games and a team batting average of just .215. Wow! Are you thinking about swapping DeRosa with Cedeno or Izturis with Cedeno? Ronny just isn't doing a whole lot for you.

No wonder you are happy to get out of New York - shutout in 3 of the 4 games and a team batting average of just .215. Wow! Are you thinking about swapping DeRosa with Cedeno or Izturis with Cedeno? Ronny just isn't doing a whole lot for you.

Man, I've got the lesser of 3 evils right there. :smile: I'm just struggling at the plate all the way around. I have no patience at the plate with certain hitters. Right now, it's a close race between DeRosa and Izturis. Izturis just came up big for me in Game 2 of the SD series, so his stock is up.

We are dead last in the league in hitting by like 25-30 pts. If it were not for the pitching, who know where I would be :smile:

Archived