Hope Springs Eternal: A 2007 Cubs Dynasty

Maestro23

Dynasty Update:

Cubs take care of business against the Diamondbacks. Sweep the 3-game series to keep a hold on the NL Central. The Cardinals are just 2 games back, going into the crucial 3-game series coming up in St. Louis.

D. Lee comes up short in going for the Cycle. Cubs put W. Miller on 15-day DL with an inflamed shoulder. Miller has won 10 games this year. J. Marquis has been called up from Iowa to fill the spot.

Cubs get A. Ramirez back off DL just in time for the St. Louis series.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Geesh, M, did Sammy leave his "special bat" in the clubhouse when he left?? ;)

Looks like you took it out and brow beat the boys from the desert. Good job on the sweep, and much needed, it looks like St. Louis is hotter than a 6 peckered billy goat in a forest fire.

Kendall is showing some pop, and it looks like your offense is steadily putting some better numbers up.

Great update as always, and good luck at Busch. :)

Geesh, M, did Sammy leave his "special bat" in the clubhouse when he left?? ;)

Looks like you took it out and brow beat the boys from the desert. Good job on the sweep, and much needed, it looks like St. Louis is hotter than a 6 peckered billy goat in a forest fire.

Kendall is showing some pop, and it looks like your offense is steadily putting some better numbers up.

Great update as always, and good luck at Busch. :)

He left just one and put it in a special glass case. Said "Open In Case of Emergency!". :smile:

I was just picking up the pitches pretty good in the series. DeRosa even upped his average a few points. Hated losing Miller, just hope Marquis found his command/control in his little stint in Iowa.

This St. Louis series is going to be brutal. Man, how I hate navigating through that lineup. :headache:

Good thing Ramirez is back and everyone seems to be swinging a pretty good stick.

Thanks for checking in JR. :wtg:

Hey M, if you don't mind, can you tell me where you're getting the pics of the stadiums that you're using on your front page? Bottom right?

Surely that's not an in game pic, or am I missing somethhing?

Thanks. :)

I got those when I installed one of KSM's latest overlays awhile back. Those ariel shots pop up right after the starting pitcher is shown and the defensive alignment is shown just before the game.

I don't use the overlay anymore, but those views stayed in after I uninstalled the overlay. I will try and track down which one I had. I really like 'em. :smile:

I wonder if J. Jones will get credits in the stat sheet for playing all 3 positions in the outfield? :)

I know. That catch he made was pretty sweet. I just knew he had hurt himself. The little things that don't show up in the boxscores.

We needed the win, with St. Louis winning today as well.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

After a long hiatus, I'm back. Dang real-life job. I love it, but man does it interfere with my gaming sometimes. :smile:

Hope I still got some followers. :smile:

Cubs swung into St. Louis to try and cool the red-hot Birds off and increase their 2 game lead over them. As always with these 2 teams, it was a like a heavyweight fight.

Ryan Dempster leads the Majors with 33 saves.

Also congrats to Trevor Hoffman. Hoffman notched his 500th career save. Tom Glavine is 1 win shy of 300 for his career. Man-Ram is closing in on 500 career homeruns. Barry is inching closer to Hank.

Welcome back bud! Looks like you put a hurting on the Cardinals with that 3-game sweep.

Thanks redsox. Yeah, I needed that sweep to put some distance between us and them. As you can see, it was a slugfest. I hate pitching to that lineup.

Felt good striking out Prince Albert for the final out in Game 3 though. :smile:

Cubs are Red-Hot! Win 10th in a row.

Pitchers dominate the Reds. Zambrano tosses his 6th complete-game and 5th shutout of the year.

Four pitchers in the race for Cy Young.

Dempster leads the majors with 33 saves. Rich Hill is tied with Ben Sheets for lowest ERA (2.30).

Increase lead to 6 games over 2nd-place St. Louis.

Cubs head back to Wrigleyville for a 4-game series with the Phillies.

Archived