Hope Springs Eternal: A 2007 Cubs Dynasty

Maestro23

aHA! I knew there had to be a reason for WGN's breakdown. (game crashing) :)

What a read, M. IMO, this is one of the best dynasties I have seen to date.

Keep playing, keep writing. This is some fantastic baseball material. :wtg:

Thanks for the praise JR, coming from you I am honored. Dynasties like yours and redsox's and some others on here from way back, set the bar sooo high. It scares people off from starting their own.:smile:

I just try to make it decent on the eyes and fun to read/keep up with. I don't crank out the updates as fast as I want to, but I guess that's the price I pay for all the writing, stat-tracking I try to do.

Thanks again man. :wtg:

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dynasty Update:

Jacque Jones punishes the Padres' pitching staff as Cubs take the series 2-1. Former Cub catcher Michael Barrett plays spoiler in Game 3 though.

Sweet Lou is shaking things up in the clubhouse. Two more players find a ticket to Iowa in their lockers, while 2 young and rising stars will get a shot at the bigs when the team heads to Texas.

Man, that "Closer Look" segment is very nicely done. It runs down everything from roster transactions to trade talks to all-star voting to disgruntled relief pitchers. :smile:

BTW, I am sure that this is just something that you just overlooked but you are missing Murton from your stats column. I am guessing the Floyd with the .257, 4 HR, 13 RBIs, is our red-hot Murton? :wink:

Man, that "Closer Look" segment is very nicely done. It runs down everything from roster transactions to trade talks to all-star voting to disgruntled relief pitchers. :smile:

BTW, I am sure that this is just something that you just overlooked but you are missing Murton from your stats column. I am guessing the Floyd with the .257, 4 HR, 13 RBIs, is our red-hot Murton? :wink:

Good eyes redsox and thanks. Just changed it. :smile:

Thanks for the compliments on the "Closer Look". That came from the ESPN site I think. I was like "hey, that's a pretty good idea." :smile: I try to cover as much info as I can in the space over there, while still keeping everything neat.

Looking forward to the Texas series. Want to see what Fontenot and Patterson can do. Also see how Soriano likes his new place in the order. Man, I'll be glad when I can get Ramirez back. Houston is so close, they're like my shadow now. :smile:

Nice Dynasty Maestro. I have checked in on it from time to time, and I'm finding myself checking more often now. One question though, are you following the Cubbies current transactions? If so, did you deal for Kendall yet?

Thanks for checking it out philliesphan18. I am keeping up with the real-life Cubs transactions. However, in this dynasty Bowen is on the DL and will be for about 25 more days I believe. Plus I'm still some ways behind the current schedule anyway. I couldn't see Oakland making a trade for damaged goods. :smile:

I think I will wait until he comes off the DL and then make the trade. Blanco needs some help back there. I can't wait to get Kendall. :smile: What do you guys think though? Open to suggestions.

Thanks for checking it out philliesphan18. I am keeping up with the real-life Cubs transactions. However, in this dynasty Bowen is on the DL and will be for about 25 more days I believe. Plus I'm still some ways behind the current schedule anyway. I couldn't see Oakland making a trade for damaged goods. :smile:

I think I will wait until he comes off the DL and then make the trade. Blanco needs some help back there. I can't wait to get Kendall. :smile: What do you guys think though? Open to suggestions.

How far behind are you? You could just play up to when the Cubs got Kendall in real life, and then manually get rid of Bowen's injury and make the trade.

How far behind are you? You could just play up to when the Cubs got Kendall in real life, and then manually get rid of Bowen's injury and make the trade.

Hadn't thought about manually getting rid of Bowen's injury. I don't want to sim any games though. What I might do after the Texas series, is get rid of Bowen's injury and make the trade then. Will be just in time for our cross-town duel with the WhiteSox. :smile:

Thanks for the heads up on that idea philly18. :wtg:

You can get rid of the injury, but if you already have him on the DL there's no way to remove him from the DL until his time is up.

Hadn't thought about manually getting rid of Bowen's injury. I don't want to sim any games though. What I might do after the Texas series, is get rid of Bowen's injury and make the trade then. Will be just in time for our cross-town duel with the WhiteSox. :smile:

Thanks for the heads up on that idea philly18. :wtg:

I wouldn't sim any games either. So I take it your pretty far behind on the schedule.

Get out of here! Oh man, gotta go read about this. Hey, put a post in JR's dynasty so he'll know.

Thanks for the heads-up philly18.

I posted in there and in the UR thread.

And as far as the heads-ups, I'm just trying to be as resourceful as you are! :lol:

Hey, M, what are you feeding Jacque Jones?? And Murton, wow, what a series those guys had! Looks like you have Dempster on the right path as well. :)

Great write up (AGAIN) and excellent job on pulling out that series.

Bartman, the Goat, and now Barrett. ;)

Watch your back M, it looks like there are a COUPLE of teams that want that top spot.

Hey, M, what are you feeding Jacque Jones?? And Murton, wow, what a series those guys had! Looks like you have Dempster on the right path as well. :)

Great write up (AGAIN) and excellent job on pulling out that series.

Bartman, the Goat, and now Barrett. ;)

Watch your back M, it looks like there are a COUPLE of teams that want that top spot.

Man JR, Jones is hot again. If you remember earlier in the season he was flirting with .300 then all of the sudden went into a deep funk. When he's up at the plate now, I just have that feeling with him again. And Murton who has been complaining all season (bad morale), what can I say. I made him the starter in LF for the whole series and BAM! :smile:

I'm moving Murton to the #2 spot while we are in Texas, see what he can do. Also, see how Soriano likes the #5 spot. Really interested to see what Fontenot can do at 2nd. Should be interesting to say the least. :smile:

I think I will do the latest transactions after the Texas series. (Kendall, Izturis, and Fox being called up).

I have a feeling that its going to be a 3-dog race all season long with Houston, the Cards, and Me. :smile:

Dynasty Update:

Cubbies are glad to get the heck out of Dodge. Rangers brutalized the Cubs' bullpen. The only thing I liked about the trip was playing in the stadium. Very cool at night. :smile:

Many roster changes. Izturis is gone. Kendall is the newest Cub in the den. Youth abounds on the infield.

Soriano out with pulled hamstring. Ramirez due back off DL in 4 days.

Tied with Houston for 1st in the NL Central.

Travel to the South side next to take on the Sox. I need a sweep. Dam* Houston and St. Louis is only 1.5 back.

Archived