Just for old times sake

paulw

I haven't been around much but have been checking in on the site once or twice a week. Looks like things have gotten pretty slow in regards to the Classics. Anyhow, SeanO sent me a beautifully designed old Comiskey park a couple of weeks ago that I'm doing some graphic touch ups on. There's not much for me to do - he did such a great conversion - I'm just trying to make it "pretty". It's kind of fun to work on a park I've actually been to and gone by so many times on the Dan Ryan. Here's a pic...

old_comiskey.jpg

That brick building in the back is IIT and I couldn't resist sticking in a couple of the old Robert Taylor projects (they actually started just south of 35th Street and Comiskey. I've also got the old (1960ish) Chicago skyline behind the left field bleachers. You catch it in a couple of views during the game.

If anyone has anything they'd like to see - or if anyones interested please put a post in this thread.

Where have all the classics gone...

Putting the new exploding scoreboard in would only take an hour at most - mostly graphics. We could have two versions then - the old, old Comiskey and the old Comiskey. I'd add the speakers in center also and maybe some of the new skyline to my left field backdrop.

I guess I did this one because it's the Comiskey of Aparicio, Foxx, Minoso, and a couple of my boyhood heroes - good old Pete Ward and Tommy John.

Communication. It's a lost art ;-) I didn't even know SeanO had uploaded this one (duh, paul!). Oh, well, there will be an update I'll send along to him.

I have lots of stuff I want to do yet - like adding collision detection to the outfield bleachers. I'm getting close graphically.

Holy cow, the Brewers are back in first. Off topic on my own message. We've got it made - *only* two full months to go in the season and a whopping 1 game lead!!

Communication. It's a lost art ;-) I didn't even know SeanO had uploaded this one (duh, paul!). Oh, well, there will be an update I'll send along to him.

I have lots of stuff I want to do yet - like adding collision detection to the outfield bleachers. I'm getting close graphically.

Hah, oops, sorry about that. After seeing it, I couldn't believe there were still things you could add to it.

If nothing else, the current Comiskey is out for any single season mods that need it, and we'll release a final (in 2 versions, apparently) a bit later.

Sounds good, Sean. This was a lot of fun. I've still got to fix the perspective - the IIC main building needs to be moved back -*other* side of the Dan Ryan where it was. Also the aparments need to go back a bit also - they're too close. The one thing I do want to do for sure is take a shot at the collision stuff. I want to do the roof, upper deck and upper deck facade. That's only 3 sets of coordinates per field. Did you get the version where I've got old downtown Chicage looking from the south side? You can only see it in a couple of replay and pan angles but it really came out well.

I've got the collision data working - balls now fall nicely into the upper deck without going through. It took me awhile but I also got a couple up on the roof in right and they bounced nicely and fell off to the ground behind the stadium. I want to take a shot at the cameras - there's some cool stuff I've noticed just accidentally.

Hey,

I noticed that the latest Comiskey was "aa03night.big". In classics

I believe that that stadium is the Yankee Classic stadium.

Can I rename the .big file in order to replace US Cellular in the

classics version or will I get conflict problems? I would just as soon

keep the Yankee Classics stadium for classic play.

Thanks.

Rename the Comiskey file to anything else (usceday.big replaces US Cellular day, uscenite.big for night) and put it into the stadium folder.

From what paul is saying, we'll have an updated text file to go with it for the correct dugout / bullpen locations on the final release.

I have the cameras and stuff working (almost finished) and will send this to Sean most likely on Saturday. SeanO (or anyone else) what would be a good slot for this ballpark? For most folks this is not an issue - they'll rename it themselves - but I think we should have some default place / filename for it??

I have the cameras and stuff working (almost finished) and will send this to Sean most likely on Saturday. SeanO (or anyone else) what would be a good slot for this ballpark? For most folks this is not an issue - they'll rename it themselves - but I think we should have some default place / filename for it??

What about just replacing US Cellular?

Have you got to start on the "exploding" scoreboard yet? Do you need pics? I'll see what I can find if you need them.

usceday.big.big is probably the best bet. Most people hate the Cell, so they won't mind seeing it go, and it really should be there for all the classic releases save '94. Also, since we only have a day version right now, people can still play at US Cell at night if they so desire.

Sounds, good. I've got some pretty unique camera shots right now and all the bullpen and dugout shots are just right. My downtown Chicago background shows real nice in a couple of them.

Tebjr - thanks, I've got plenty of good pics to use for the exploding scoreboard.

HCL-

Not sure about paul & Comiskey, but if you ever wanted to crack open '61 Candlestick and put in your scoreboard, I'm buried under stuff now. Scoreboard, crowd color change, and fixing up the alphas for the fence are all that's really necessary.

If you ever feel the need, go right ahead.

HCL-

Not sure about paul & Comiskey, but if you ever wanted to crack open '61 Candlestick and put in your scoreboard, I'm buried under stuff now. Scoreboard, crowd color change, and fixing up the alphas for the fence are all that's really necessary.

If you ever feel the need, go right ahead.

I'll need the .o file as I can never seem to get the a useable one from while compiling the .ord and orl.

I'd love to color it up. It's one of my favorite parks to play in for the 1967 mod.

I'll need the .o file as I can never seem to get the a useable one from while compiling the .ord and orl.

I'd love to color it up. It's one of my favorite parks to play in for the 1967 mod.

I'll do what I can when I get home. You have been trying to unpack the removable.ord/orl instead of mstadium, right?

I played a test game tonight and all the camera shots went well. I got lucky on a couple of them. Here's a shot showing the 1950's early 1960's Chicago skyline - you can see the Kemper Building nicely in this.

comiskey_skyline.JPG

I think I'm finished (or very, very close). I had a lot of fun playing a game again - haven't done that in quite a while.

Archived