"New" Dynasty

TheProdigy

Well, not sure if anyone remembers my last dynasty, which lasted about two weeks or so. A Mile High: Colorado Rockies Dynasty, had a lot of ideas but it seemed to get boring. Well, I'm going to start on a new dynasty, and want to be "innovative" sort of. So I came up with *five teams, I'd like to use.

Kansas City Royals

Cincinnati Reds

Florida Marlins

Cleveland Indians

*New York Mets (I know there's a few dynasties out there, but I have so many ideas, "because" obviously I'm a Met fan.)

Any suggestions will be well-appreciated.

because I feel these teams actually have a future, unlike the Rockies where I traded for Soriano, Cole Hamels and Zumaya and others to make the team better, It just didn't feel right because I was winning. Now, I want a challenging team, and also don't want to make any trades whatsoever. I might also consider doing the Mets, I just won't make my decision for a few days, thanks for the suggestion guys.

[align=center]MARLINS[/align]

don't do Mets, even though I am doing one, so is JoeSmith35 and if there are 3 Mets dynasties running, all three of us will limited views and followers

Stick to the Marlins, the have some good talent on that team, and the teams cyberfaces in the may and july models.big update are all so sick, so do FLorida. it would be the only Marlins dynasty with a full team, because the other one here is something like the team got in a plane crash and only like 3 survived.

KC Royals or TB Devil Rays

I know you didn't mention TB but they will give you a lot of challenges.

SF Giants

They aren't doing that well but you can see if you get to 756. LOL

Marlins

This team will give you a good challenge. I know you said you won't trade, but it wouldn't be the Marlins without getting rid of all of their expensive contracts. It can be called something like "Florida's Future" but I guess that would make TB feel bad.

Maybe you can have a poll

I've decided to cut it down to two teams, I'm leaning towards the Royals or the Marlins. Most likely, I'm doing the Royals because of some of the mods I downloaded earlier. However, my laptop is acting up, a Toshiba Satellite (peice of crap keeps overheating and shutting down at random times) Even in the middle of a game. So I might be forced to play on my crappy computer and just use my laptop for "light" work. We'll see, has anyone had this problem before?

take the Marlins...

strong young team with lots of talent in their lineup...

Royals aren't too far behind. They have a talented young lineup, young talent in the 'pen, and some solid pitching in the pipeline in the minors.

Personally, though, I'd go with a NL team, as it appears that the NL seems to have more teams with a chance to get into the playoffs. Thus, if you have a dynasty with a relatively mediocre team make the playoffs, it won't seem too unrealistic.

Diamondbacks sound good, I've tried the Rockies, which didn't last long, but I like the D'backs, they have a bright future and a current good team.

Exactly! They have a good young core of players with Drew, Upton, Owings, Scherzer and Quentin

Alright, here's the deal. I decided not to do the Marlin dynasty, so it's down to KC and ARI, I'll be making my decision later today, and hopefully post up my stuff by tommorow, I will be photoshopping a lot so hopefully you'll enjoy it. I have a lot of ideas, such as Newspaper back covers, and other stuff. It'll take a few hours of my time everyday, but it's all good. So expect some stuff up tommorow, looking through the ARI roster, it's set, I like Arizona a lot but I also like KC so it'll be a tough one.

Alright, here's the deal. I decided not to do the Marlin dynasty, so it's down to KC and ARI, I'll be making my decision later today, and hopefully post up my stuff by tommorow, I will be photoshopping a lot so hopefully you'll enjoy it. I have a lot of ideas, such as Newspaper back covers, and other stuff. It'll take a few hours of my time everyday, but it's all good. So expect some stuff up tommorow, looking through the ARI roster, it's set, I like Arizona a lot but I also like KC so it'll be a tough one.

Roll the dice or shake the 8-ball on this one :)

I've decided to cut it down to two teams, I'm leaning towards the Royals or the Marlins. Most likely, I'm doing the Royals because of some of the mods I downloaded earlier. However, my laptop is acting up, a Toshiba Satellite (peice of crap keeps overheating and shutting down at random times) Even in the middle of a game. So I might be forced to play on my crappy computer and just use my laptop for "light" work. We'll see, has anyone had this problem before?

Ouch, I pity you. I know exactly how you feel. For me, the problem was my systemboard (motherboard) was going out, I'm fixing it now myself. My advice, buy a different laptop, but a cheaper solution might be to get a laptop cooling fan.

The thing is, the laptop is not very old either, I bought it a few months back, but searching through google, this problem with Toshiba Laptops, I guess are common issues. Hopefully I'll be able to play a game without it shutting down because the graphics on here are pretty good.

I'll be a potential follower as I follow many dynasties on the site. I have one recommendation for you regardless of the team you choose: Make sure your computer (laptop or otherwise) will run the game without crashes etc. This will prevent you from getting X number of games in a season and running into problems. Best of look and looking forward to it....

decided on the Royals, right now, working on page one, I will post stuff soon, no later than Wednesday. I will post first game a little after first post. I will try my best to be original, but I'll be using a unique template. We'll see what I come up with. Thanks for all the suggestions, I was close to choosing Ari but wasn't really feeling them so I picked the Royals.

Archived