PressWire and High-Res Photos

DJEagles

Please do not post anymore High-Res photos, photos from PressWire, etc. It is not allowed any longer.

We received an email from US PRESSWIRE this morning, asking us to remove all content, plus the thread on how to download, and post the pics. This is copyright infringement, and if continued, could cause some major problems for Trues and this site.

The thread has been deleted, and the High-Res Sports Photo Thread has been removed also.

As far as I can tell, all pics have been removed from the site, but if anyone knows of any others, then feel free to let us Admins know, so that we can remove them ASAP.

Thanks,

DJ

They are being real pricks about it now. When trying to access the photos, they give you this message:

ERROR

The requested URL could not be retrieved.

ALL UNAUTHORIZED USE OF COPYRIGHTED CONTENT WILL BE PROSECUTED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT POSSIBLE.

You have been logged from xx.xxx.xx.xxx

The 'x' is your IP numbers. So, what, are they going to sue me for looking at pictures now?

Someone must have ratted us out....again another reason why I never hotlink anything

My guess is that someone probably did hotlink a pic, and they found the referer through that.

I don't understand how we broke any rules.

Because people were stealing valuable content. Just because it isn't physical doesn't mean it's not something that cost their company lots of money to produce.

The first bunch of pictures posted in that thread were hosted elsewhere. I remember checking that when all the old school Aaron, Mantle, etc. pictures were posted. I didn't think anyone would be stupid enough to hotlink the site directly.

Seems I was wrong.

That sucks. It WAS a nice little find.

If I walked out of a store carrying a baseball glove I didn't pay for, but never actually played with it is it still stealing?

They make their images availible to anyone with a PC via CBSSportsline.com. Until now, no one knew how to get the hi-res versions but they were giving the images away thru their distribution to CBS.

And I hosted all the pics that I posted. No hotlinking here.

You can still get the pictures. You just have to click on the link they provide after they tell you they have logged your IP.

If I walked out of a store carrying a baseball glove I didn't pay for, but never actually played with it is it still stealing?

so you are the rat lol! Look at this whole site dude! Every freaking thing has been stolen? Every image, logo, or EA art isn't ours! Nobody ever complained about our usage because it's a freaking video game that we aren't making any profits from. You are saying the whole MVPMods are thieves that aren't any different then common petty thief. I see a huge difference. All I see are people being creative and using the tools available for non profit.

US Presswire are a bunch of crybabies. So much work paying a digital photographer to upload to a crappy site that isn't even on the same league as getty images. They should be worrying about other things besides a bunch of overaged kids impressed by some photos.

Archived