Take That Diamond Back!

georgex

[align=center]head.gif[/align]

[align=justify]It's been five years since the Arizona Diamondbacks became the youngest team to win a World Series in MLB History. After some -regular- seasons, the Diamondbacks are here once again to prove that they're still the best young team in the history of Baseball.

This 2007 season consisted on a live draft where the 30 teams of the Major Leagues (Both National and American Leagues) would pick their 25 players for the active rosters. The Diamondbacks in the random list reached the 12th place of the draft as you can see in the picture:[/align]

[align=center]draft.jpg[/align]

[align=justify]Our Diamondbacks still got an amazing team with known faces from the past as Brandon Webb (SP) and Scott Hairston (OF). Also with many new stars like Travis Hafner (IF), Jason Varitek ©, Josh Beckett (SP), Jonathan Papelbon (RP) just to name a few. The entire lineup of the Diamondbacks for the 2007 season is the next:[/align]

[align=center]

sp.gif

rp.gif

c.gif

if.gif

of.gif[/align]

Wish us luck in this year and stay tuned for the opening day! You will see scores and standings regular updating, analysis for each game our team plays, daily news about the entire league, statistics, box scores, and many more.!

[align=center]head.gif

ARIZONA @ COLORADO - PREGAME[/align]

[align=justify](Colorado).- It's time for a new season! and for the Diamondbacks starts with a 3-game-series in the road against the powerfull Colorado Rockies. Brandon Webb (SP) is already confirmed by the Diamond Backs, and D-Train Willis (SP) has been annocunced for the Rockies for the opening Day. The diamondbacks are looking forward to attack the lefty arm of Willis ASAP, the line-up against LHP for the Snakes is one of the best in the league.

But the Rockies ain't armless, and they also count with players like Vladimir Guerrero, Raul Ibanez and Adam LaRoche and they will try to kill of the Diamondbacks hope to start with the right foot this season.

In General League Notes, the Dominican Albert Pujols has sustained an injury for at least 20 days.[/align]

[align=center]Starting Pitchers / Line-Ups[/align]

[align=center]1sp.gif

1lu.gif[/align]

[align=center]Train Catched

The D'backs punished Dontrelle Willis[/align]

[align=center]1sb.gif[/align]

[align=center]>> FULL BOX SCORE AND PLAY-BY-PLAY <<[/align]

[align=justify](Colorado).- The Diamondbacks started with the right foot the 2007 season after a victory against the Colorado Rockes at Coors Fields being this the first of a 3 game series. A solid, with some mistakes performance of Brandon Webb and an effective offensive shut down the crowd in Colorado.

Arizona started the party in the very second inning, when Travis Hafner shot a solo home run over the left field in his first AB of the season, after that, Willis walked Reggie Willits and the player of the game, Robinson Cano got his first double and first RBI of the season, to end the inning, Webb made a sacrifice bunt an Lugo a sacrifice fly to drive Cano's run in.

The response of the Rockies was pretty quick, after Hafner solo homer he blacked out his offensive with an error that allowed Botts to reach first base, then Andy La Roche singled and Toby Halld doubled to center-right and got 2 RBIs. The game stayed at a pitching battle until the sixth inning when Willis colapsed an allowed three more runs, all pulled by Cano on his second double of the game. After that, all the damage the Diamondbacks suffered weren't more than two solo home runs by LaRoche (To Webb) and Dave Roberts (To Otsuka).

In the next game, the "King" Félix Hernández is facing the veteran Tim Wakefield for the second match of the series.[/align]

[align=center]1mvp.gif[/align]

[align=center]

GAME GALLERY

1ga.gif

1gb.gif

1gc.gif[/align]

Stay tuned!

I think it should be:

Willits

Cano

Gomes

Hafner

Varitek

Helms

Spilborghs

Lugo

Pitcher

i know i was thinking in that line-up almost exactly, but hell i couldn' decide because you know, Lugo contacto vs. LHP is 86 and Cano's 76 (I think) same with Willits, his contact vs. LHP is less than 70, i guess i made this line-up looking @ the game numbers. I'll be changing Line-Ups constantly to see which u guys prefer ;)

See ya guys.

[align=center]head.gif

ARIZONA (1-0) @ COLORADO (0-1) - PREGAME[/align]

[align=justify](Colorado).- Today the Diamondbacks face a new challenge for their strong line-up as they will meet the veteran but still amazing Tim Wakefield. Our boys proved yesterday that they can bat some fastballs. But Wakefield is well know because of his knuckleball.

The "King" Félix Hernández, the venezuelan phenomenon is the man in charge to stop the Rockies power line-up consisted by Ibanez, LaRoche, Botts and Guerrero, for just naming a few. Another offensive that proved yesterday that certainly can hit. But today it's looking forward for some pitching support from Wakefield. line-up against LHP for the Snakes is one of the best in the league. It's all set! the Diamondbacks announced the Line-Up against RHP but will it be enough to hit the slow and tricky knuckleball? Stay tuned for post-game report!

In other news, The Diamondbacks organization did set the goals for this team in three years and the goals for this years, the goals are the following:[/align]

[align=center]tg.jpg[/align]

Enough for the talking, let's get into some pre-game details.

[align=center]2sp.gif

2lu.gif[/align]

Note: Sorry for bad picture quality, i forgot to change the indexed mode to RGB color in the Félix picture.

Looks like you have about $7 million to spend. Would you consider trading for another big power hitter? Your team doesn't have many homerun guys in it.

It's too early in the season to judge but yes i was considering looking for a new third baseman and perhaps another OF just to bring some power hitters to the team. Maybe Aramis Ramirez will be the best option for the team and for the OF i was thinking perhaps in Prince Fielder but we need some power on the team right now. Because we can't hit 15 hits in every game and sometimes we are going to need some home runs.

(Don't tell Helms and Iwamura)

[align=center]head.gif

LIVE GAME UPDATE[/align]

[align=justify](Colorado).- Bottom 4th inning, the Diamondbacks and the Rockies are both being dominated by the starting pitchers in a good show by Felix Hernandez (ARI) and Tim Wakefield (COL). Hernández has two S.O and has allowed two hits and Wakefield has 4 S.O and has allowed 4 hits. Both pitchers look in great conditions and you can expect at least 6 or 7 innings of a pitching battle.

Note: This message will be edited with the post-game report so Mods don't punish the Diamondbacks organization for flaming.[/align]

[align=center]Wakefield shut out the Snakes

The hits were there, but the runs?[/align]

[align=center]2sb.gif[/align]

[align=justify](Colorado).- An incredible, still young-a-like Tim Wakefield showed that he's got more of him this season and that he will be one of the principal pieces for Rockies hopes this season. At first it looked like it would be one exciting pitching battle, an indeed it was, till the fifth inning where Felix Hernandez allowed a three run homer from Dave Roberts that clearly killed of the D'backs expectations. The only saved face of the D'backs offensive was Catalonatto that came with 4-3 with 3 singles but still. It was not enough.

Justin Speier came on a labor of relieving and worked 2.0 inning allowing one run after a triple by Vladimir Guerrero and a sacrifice fly for Durham. The Diamondbacks showed that they got some batting, sure, 9 hits in a game is a respetable task but, what is missing? Scoring. It was clear that Wakefield's knuckle knocked down the Snakes. Félix Hernández earned the loss and left the game with an ERA of 4.50.

The third and last game of this first series of the season will be later in the night (MVPMods Local Time) and the Diamondbacks will count with the lefty Jeff Francis, as Colorado is going with Vicente Padilla. Hopefully the snakes will punish Padilla's fastball like they did with Willis in the first game.[/align]

[align=center]2mvp.gif[/align]

[align=center]

GAME GALLERY

2ga.gif

2gb.gif

2gc.gif[/align]

Stay tuned!

[align=center]head.gif

ARIZONA (1-1) @ COLORADO (1-1) - PREGAME[/align]

[align=justify](Colorado).- Tonight the Diamondbacks are still recovering from the amazing shut out that Tim Wakefield threw early in the afternoon. It's time for another episode, rishe an shine and start fresh the night. The lefty young pitcher Jeff Francis is looking forward to take the series for the Diamondbacks in the Coors Field and of course, Vicente Padilla is the man that is gonna try to stop that and get win for the Rockies.

Against RHP the D'backs are facing today a change in the Line-Up, listening to the community and the fans the snakes are listing Willits as first an Cano second. And we will probably get to se Gomes in the middle of the starting players. It will be a hard game for sure, but it's only the third game of the season, we still got 159 games.

SPOTTED PLAYER

Travis Hafner said: "I feel fine, the team is pretty good at the moment and we are looking forward to attack early, playing aggressive, an try to kill the game before the sixth inning. So Jeff and the relief pitchers (if neccesary) can work quite and just put the ball in game so we can complete the outs to win the game."[/align]

[align=center]3sp.gif

3lu.gif[/align]

[align=center]Cano, AGAIN.

Robinson Cano and the errors gave the victory for the D'backs[/align]

[align=center]3sb.gif[/align]

[align=justify](Colorado).- The Diamondbacks got the win against the Colorado Rockies this evening after an incredible colective show by Jeff Francis, Bobby Howry and Akinori Otsuka in the pitching hand and by Robinson Cano, Frank Catalonatto and Jonny Gomes. The D'backs started off the game in an aggressive way scoring the first run in the very first inning but Colorado ended up the happines for the Snakes as a triple from Dave Roberts and consecutive hits of Botts and Durham turned the game around.

After that Jeff Francis was nothing more but dominating until the sixth inning. Vicente Padilla colapsed in the fifth inning with game tied, an two runners on base, Robinson Cano shot a double between Left-Center and Catalonatto impulsed Cano with a single to the center field. In the next inning the D'backs sentenced the game with two runners on base, Francis sacrificed himself with a bunt but a bad throw from Vicente Padilla to third base allowed two more runs.

Otsuka was set to close the game just to adjust his ERA from 9.00 to 4.50 but he did not earn the save. The Diamondbacks are now heading to Washington to play a three game series with the Nationals. More details about the coming series, starting pitchers, line-ups and stats to come further.[/align]

[align=center]3mvp.gif[/align]

[align=center]

GAME GALLERY

3ga.gif

3gb.gif

3gc.gif[/align]

Stay tuned!

[align=center]head.gif

WEEKLY STANDINGS

st_w1.gif[/align]

Note 1: This standings will be update on a regular basis. (Once a week or perhaps two times)

Note 2: The light blue spot indicates which team is gaining a division title (I know it's early)

Note 3: Sorry for that "Dodogers" Mistake :(

No problem, but which template? the template for "Probable Starters" for a series, i just took the psd for "Starting Pitchers" in pregame, flatten the image after editing it and pasted it in one 780x600 file. Didn't save the psd for that one :( can i still send you the psd for Starting Pitchers?

No problem, but which template? the template for "Probable Starters" for a series, i just took the psd for "Starting Pitchers" in pregame, flatten the image after editing it and pasted it in one 780x600 file. Didn't save the psd for that one :( can i still send you the psd for Starting Pitchers?

yeah, that's still fine. thanks a lot man

Nice solid presentation. I'll check in from time to time. I do think you shot your wad on pitching though. It would appear you've got just enough pop and plenty of speed to go along with your dominant staff to make a run. Good luck.

Archived