All-Star Baseball

hiheat32

baseball pro 98 was the s***. it was the first bball video game i ever played. i had to be in like second grade:

jzttav.jpg

i was also looking at the files in the game directory of this game, and it looks very "modable." it has a bunch of dat files and the stadiums are packaged nicely. get ready for baseballpromods.com!

I played ASB for both N64 and Gamecube. The one I loved to play was the one that had the songs "All-Star", "Jump Around" to name a few (ASB 03 or 04?) Thats the only thing I hated about those games, if it was the 2003 season, the game said ASB 04. WTF!

I would have 2 seasons going, one for the Red Sox, and a created team in Providence. I would create me and a bunch of my friends and we'd be the starting nine. I always aggravated my friends before the season started.

"Hey man, what color is your glove?"

-Click-

"Hello?"

Then I ended up buying MVP (first copy was 04) and never went back.

i loved ASB 2000 for N64. I played so many seasons on that game. Older games i liked were both Griffey games, Hardball 3 and 5 and the triple plays.

IMO, the best game next to mvp was Frank Thomas Big Hurt for SNES. That game was so deep, i loved the situational mode as well. I still remember the perfect game situation, you have to get the last 3 outs to get the no hitter.

Lastly, i loved the phony names in Griffeys winning run (Dawg Davis) and MVP (combine any burly American name with a Korean surname)

Great thread and great memories .............

Since I am of a much older generation than most here I started with table top games of which

1) Strat-O-Matic

was the best thing going in the early '60s and I played it religiously through the '70s and it was my companion & comfort in Viet Nam.

In the early '80s I found

2) Computer Baseball for the Comodore 64

which started me on the computer baseball game scene and I actually hex edited many rosters for that game.

Then came that fabulous

3) Tony LaRussa Series by Strategic Simulation Inc (SSI) for the PC

& eventually that unbelievable throw back that I played for almost 7 years

4) Old Time Baseball by SSI (Real Classic game there)

I finally got heavily involved in

5) APBA's Broadcast Blast with Ernie Harwell

which was as close to listening to a Baseball Game Live on the Radio as it could get ..........

Then came the Ultimate

6) MVP Baseball 2004 which obviouslay lead to MVP Baseball 2005

Although I have bought almost every table top, Comodore & PC baseball game imaginable that have been released over the years very few ever made it pass a hand full of games but each had special features I enjoyed seeing. I have owned every one mentioned above except those that were console based and they were all good but the ones I listed above are the ones that kept my interest.

If I had to vote for the best game ever I guess I would want to vote from my heart with Tony LaRussa's Oldtime Baseball but then I would really have to be honest and say that EA Sports MVP Baseball 2005 is hands down the best I've ever imagined a game could be - mostly Thanks to this unbelieveable MVPMods community.

So "THANKS" to ALL here for making the Best Baseball Game Ever !!!

BBPro was the best ever, I played that game EVERY day for 2 years baseball season or not. I even bought an old piece of crap laptop so I could play it now if I feel like it.

baseball pro 98 was the s***. it was the first bball video game i ever played. i had to be in like second grade:

jzttav.jpg

i was also looking at the files in the game directory of this game, and it looks very "modable." it has a bunch of dat files and the stadiums are packaged nicely. get ready for baseballpromods.com!

Man, a trip down memory lane. Some real Classics screenies here.

Like with everything else technology grows and sim BB has been no exception. But what is seen here is that many sim enthusiasts have stuck

with playing a sim of some kind. This energy/passion has found its way to EA's MVP series. Then throw in the ability to mod and we can still use all the same teams and players we grew up with at various times and keep the passion for simming games alive. Again a Thank You to this MVP Mods

forum and all the Modders and gamers who participate and keep the kid

in us all alive as our enjoyment for creating and simming lives on!!

ps

The crazy thing is there are still many out there that do not know of this site that more than likely would really enjoy being a part of it

Wow no one remembers the Hardball series? for me that was where it was at those games were awesome specially with all the customization options the game had, LOL i used to create an expansion team and have a little draft and tried to make the expansion team into a dynasty that was so much fun, the only draw back was the recycling of players in the draft, but it is not like anyone would mind an 18 years old John Smoltz.

hardball_6_002.jpg

318ZGF2G1FL._AA212_.jpg

FPS Baseball Pro was really good, especially the game update part. I must have first played that while in college. Only if MVP had an extensive

game update. That would be nice.

But, I think my first baseball game was that cheesy baseball game that you get when you bought Gameboys. The screen was green. If I

remember correctly, it only had two teams, it had an American and Japan mode, and the player's names were simple. The game wasn't

complex but then again, how complex can you get with the old Gameboys. For those of you who don't know what the old gameboy looked like,

I put that pic below too. :biglaff:

gameboy.jpgbs_1.jpg603361.jpg

Now they have baseball games (such as MVP07) being sold for Cellphones ... how times have changed.

P.S. I wouldn't mind baseballpromods.com ... I'd just have to look for the game.

Archived