Question for other pitchers.......or doctors.

SESbb30

ok, i built my own portable mound last weekend, regulation hieght and everything, the floor is made out of 3/4 inch plywood, when i pitched off it last night, my knee was killing me, like when you swing a metal bat as hard as you can and hit yourself in the knee, yeah, that kind of pain times 10, i was almost crying, and i never cry. anywho, im pitching the same as i do on dirt, and i never had a problem there, but it only hurts when i pitch on the wood mound. any clues why it hurts?

im pissed now, i was pitching yesterday and eveything was fine until i felt a sharp pain in my elbow, im thinking ****, wtf is wrong with me now, i felt around my elbow and there are some bumps that move around when i touch them, i talked to some people and they said it might be bone chips. how long does it take to recover from that? after surgery?

The fact that you kept using a portable mound after you had started having knee pain soon after beginning to use it and have now developed an elbow problem doesn't surprise me. It also indicates there may be something wrong with your thought process.

As Homer said, see a doctor. You've probably over-compensated for your knee injury and killed your mechanics, thus throwing your elbow out and causing an injury.

it all depends on severity. if it's sprained, 4-6 weeks plus rehab. if it's worse, possibly longer. that's pretty typical at least. really, see your doc for medical advise. it could be an avulsion fracture, it could be in your head,...it could be anything. go see the doc and find out what's wrong first and he'll tell you.

The fact that you kept using a portable mound after you had started having knee pain soon after beginning to use it and have now developed an elbow problem doesn't surprise me. It also indicates there may be something wrong with your thought process.

As Homer said, see a doctor. You've probably over-compensated for your knee injury and killed your mechanics, thus throwing your elbow out and causing an injury.

let that be a lesson to you all about the kinetic chain.

i know its not in my head, this could also be from me throwing for years with horrible mechanics, but i have good mechanics now. but what mark said is prolly what happend. for now, ill just google and see what i can find.

the weird thing about this pain is its constant, and ive never had pain there before. even when i threw with bad mechanis.

you have nerve damage in your elbow, and you need surgery.

i can guarantee it. If you still have the pain and can still feel the lumps, then you have SEVERELY damaged nerves.

My buddy did the same thing, and hasn't pitched for two years.

So don't pitch at all anymore, until you see a doctor.

i know its not in my head, this could also be from me throwing for years with horrible mechanics, but i have good mechanics now. but what mark said is prolly what happend. for now, ill just google and see what i can find.

the weird thing about this pain is its constant, and ive never had pain there before. even when i threw with bad mechanis.

wow....unbelievable. to all you kids out there reading this, this is absolutely one of the dumbest things you can do.

first off, this is a baseball game website and you're asking for medical advice from people who are not qualified to do so, and if they were, they would know better than to do so. there are physicians amongst the ranks of this site, i know a few of them. but last i checked, none of them are posting advice here, as should be.

secondly, even if they were, they wouldn't be able to tell you what the problem is anyhow, so don't go thinking anyone else here is going to be able to do it for you, let alone google. google and such will be able to give you lots of good information, but it's not going to tell you how to differentially diagnose anything, as you're not qualified to do so anyhow.

thirdly, my point earlier was NOT to say it was in your head. the point was nothing more than the mere fact that you could have anything underneath the sun that could cause these symptoms. i can think of a thousand conditions off the top of my head that could cause/complicate this. but the fact of the matter is, YOU DON"T KNOW. and you can't know, especially not without any provocative test, special imaging, lab testing, a thorough history,...blah blah blah... it's great that some people have had close experiences with something similar, so therefor think they might know what happened, but that doesn't mean that it did...to you. i can name you at least two dozen other experiences that relate to your story but are completely different. but who's right? the answer: who knows, go get it checked out! that's like stating that your car stopped working and asking someone to tell you what is wrong. there are thousands of things that could be wrong, from you just merely inserting the key and turning it, to needing a new engine.

waiting to get things fixed could possibly just make it worse, or harder to fix. the best advice you've gotten, which happens to be the only advice you should have gotten, is to go see your doctor. if your family doctor can't see you for 17 days, fine...go to the emergency room. that's what they're there for. if you're not comfortable going to the emergency room and waiting in the lobby for 12 hours, fine...pick up the phone book. there are plenty of doctors in there. look up anything along the lines of orthopedist, sports medicine, sports chiropractic, sports injuries....that should give you plenty of choices alone.

Archived