TC 8 update coming out

AlexTony

There will be another TC update. We will call it TC8 platinum. Originally we wanted to update about a dozen faces we found/heard of that could crash the game. So, in the process of that we also added the following:

* over three dozen new and or updated faces

* nearly 1,000 new and or updated pbp audios

(a special Thanks to Kraw for helping out here)

* a change in one menu song

* updated/upgraded .mbe player attributes

* a couple updated uniforms & stadiums

Note: All modders please have your mods ready by Saturday,

April 12

As always a HUGE Thank You to all the MVP Modders and Classic

gamers!

Hello Baseball Joel, (another true Classic enthusiast) Welcome aboard!

have we got a hold on all the faces that have been crashing?

I put all the TC 8 Gold faces in the correct format, I think that was what was doing it.

I have not checked any new faces that were added for platinum

Do you guys still want a 1x models.big?

I got one suggestion for TC8, and it really is a minor one. It is concerning the overlay that is on it. Can this overlay be updated to include a few more things that other overlays feature, like pitch count and the speed of the runners on base? I'm sure that can be incorporated into an overlay while still keeping the TC classic feel.

Some earlier faces were doing it. As the modders have been learning more

it was just a matter of some tweaking

We will get the last of the latest files together this week and then get

them incorporated into this latest version and the mod should be (hopefully) even better than ever...

Do you guys still want a 1x models.big?

Yes, please. Since the version you modified now has everything in 2x, we want a 1x version for those who have lower end systems. I'll modify the installer to give the option of installing either the 1x models.big or the 2x models.big.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys

Can someone tell me approximately when the highly anticipated release date of the TC8 update will be. I noticed there has not been a post since Apr 6th almost 3 weeks ago. I love what you guys do and appreciate all the hard work - just trying to plan my summer baseball with the TC8 update installed. If it is even half of what the buzz is ....I will be ovejoyed and so will the rest of us Classic Baseball fanatics................Thanks ........JoeT

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Guys

In April I asked when TC8 Update was coming out. The answer i got was

they were finalizing it. It is a month later and no update yet. Is there a problem or is it just the workload which i assume is tremeendous on these projects. Since we have been told no more updates will be done for awhile

I am anxious to get the most current version for the summer. By the way thanks for all you guys do ... A company could not pay for what you guys do

A true labor of love. .......Joe

Rest assured it will be coming out. There were actually more additions and updates than we first anticipated:

* over three dozen new and or updated faces

* nearly 1,500 new (mostly) and or updated pbp & pa audios

(a special Thanks to Kraw for helping out here with a program that

has let all the newly created audios to be included)

* a change in some of the menu, overlay and opening files

(Thanks to Old time BB Joel for his new choices)

* updated/upgraded .mbe player attributes

* a couple updated uniforms & stadiums

(maybe even a new stadium ;)

Give it just a bit longer and you will see it was worth it!

Rog - Fuzz' website hasn't been updated in quite a while, so MVPMods is the place to get the most up-to-date info.

Joe - All of the pieces are in place. We've had some more great new things come in over the last month (more faces, Joel's overlays, even MORE audios by AlexTony, etc.) and we wanted to get as much into the release as possible.

I'm currently modifying the installer to allow users to select which classic overlay they want to use (current TC overlay, Joel's Classic overlay with info bar, Joel's Classic overlay without info bar). Think of it as a Classic overlay swapper. I'm trying to structure it as a separate application so that you can install a new Classic overlay without having to completely reinstall Total Classics.

I'm pretty confident that I can have everything completed, tested, packaged up and released within a week, however, if life gets in the way, there's always the slight possibility that it could be delayed a little longer.

Hi AlexTony/JIm825

Wow ........All those great new additions ......You bet it is worth the wait

You guys certainly are the best. This program is so far ahead of anything ever created for the sports fan that it is mind boggling. Old guys like me really appreciate you recreating our childhood sports memories - you are the greatest - and thanks to all the contributors for all the hard work - and lets not forget the great Fuzz.

With the number of changes that have been made since TC8 Gold was released, we have decided to name this new release "Total Classics 9". In addition, there was one last enhancement added to the release.

Photo-realistic stadium select screens have been created for EVERY stadium included with TC9 (major league stadiums, classic stadiums and the modded stadiums that replaced the minor league stadiums).

Here's the full list of everything added to TC9:

- New uniforms for 1918, 1941, 1967, 1986 Red Sox and 1989 Cubs

- New faces

- Over 1500 new audios

- New jukebox song ("Joltin' Joe DiMaggio")

- New stadium (1956 Milwaukee County Stadium)

- Stadium select screens for EVERY stadium

- Roster tweaks

- New menu text

- New Total Classics game logo

- New CTS screen

- Additional intro movie

- New classic overlays

- New Classic Overlay swapper

Sorry for the continued delay in getting TC9 released. We got a bunch of new and updated classic faces recently and we figured that it was worth delaying the release to get them into TC9. We're working now to get the faces in the game. Hopefully it won't be too much longer......

is there any way to swap teams?for example, using the 1927 yankees in division 1 so you can use them in a franchise?

No. You can do it yourself, however, it would be a lot of work (changing rosters, uniforms, team audios, etc.).

Sorry for the continued delay in getting TC9 released. We got a bunch of new and updated classic faces recently and we figured that it was worth delaying the release to get them into TC9. We're working now to get the faces in the game. Hopefully it won't be too much longer......

haha! sorry guys. i got in the mood and created a bunch of faces last second, so i'll take the blame for this one. but i promise, it'll be worth it! i think that should be it for now, unless you got a request. bring on TC9!

haha! sorry guys. i got in the mood and created a bunch of faces last second, so i'll take the blame for this one. but i promise, it'll be worth it! i think that should be it for now, unless you got a request. bring on TC9!

Nothing wrong with that man. Good things come to those who wait. And your cyberfaces are worth it.

Archived