Welcome to Baseball Heaven ~ A St. Louis Cardinals Dynasty

wolfy6finger

FINAL ROUND: Which team should I use for .mbe file to be released?  

35 members have voted

1. 1.

• Oakland Athletics
    • Pittsburgh Pirates
    • Washington Nationals

POLANCO GOES DEEP, CARDS LOSE FIRST

Boxscore - Phillies 4, Cardinals 2

April 9, 2005

ST. LOUIS (AP) – The St. Louis Cardinals finally lose their first game of the season, losing 4-2 to the Philadelphia Phillies.

Placido Polanco generated the offense early, when he took a Jeff Suppan pitch to right fir a two-run homer.

One inning later, Pat Burrell singled home Kenny Lofton for a Philadelphia 3-0 lead.

Not to be outdone, the Cardinals rallied for two runs in the fourth inning. After an RBi double by Scott Rolen, backup catcher Einar Diaz singled him home.

Polanco would add an insurance run in the eighth inning, when he singled home Burrell. Polanco finished the day 3 for 3, with 3 runs batted in.

Amaury Telemaco pitched effectively for the win, allowing just two runs and striking out 6 in six innings.

Suppan took the loss, allowing the first three runs in six innings.

Billy Wagner closed out the game, recording his second save of the season.

Rounding the Bases

Jason Marquis, who missed his start due to minor inflamation in his elbow, will make his season debut this weekend.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PUJOLS DRIVES IN FIVE, CARDS WIN 9-1

Boxscore - Cardinals 9, Phillies 1

April 10, 2005

ST. LOUIS (AP) – The St. Louis Cardinals rebounded nicely from their first loss of the season with a 9-1 victory over the Philadelphia Phillies.

Already leading 2-1, Phillies' starter Jon Leiber got into some troubled, when he walked Chris Carpenter, a single to David Eckstein and a throwing error by David Bell allowed Larry Walker to reach base.

With no place to put Albert Pujols, he was forced to pitch to him. Pujols responded with a mammoth grand slam, that increased the score to 6-1.

St. Louis added their fifth run of inning, when Jim Edmonds scored on a Abraham Nunez ground out.

The Phillies had a rough day in the field as they committed 4 errors on the day, including two by Bell in the decisive fourth inning.

Edmonds added two home runs on the day. The first was solo shot in the third inning that gave them a 2-1 lead. The second was a two-run homer in the eighth inning that expanded the lead to 9-1.

Pujols also added an RBI single in the first inning. He would finish the game with 2 hits and 5 runs batted in.

Chris Carpenter earned the victory, pitching 7 innings, recorded 5 strikeouts and only 1 walk.

Rounding the Bases

After an off day, the St. Louis Cardinals head to Cincinnati for a two games against the Reds.

NATS' GM BOWDEN BRINGS IN LONG-TIME REDS' LARKIN

April 9, 2005

Washington, DC -- It took almost two weeks, but the Washington Nationals brought in long-time Cincinnati Reds' SS Barr.y Larkin.

Larkin, who retired after last season, decided he wasn't ready for life after baseball and will follow former Reds GM Jim Bowden to the Washington.

Since Larkin missed spring training, Bowden said he will go to extended spring training, then maybe a week in the minors before he's called up to the big club.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OLERUD SIGNS WITH CLEVELAND ORGANIZTION

April 10, 2005

Cleveland, OH -- John Olerud is continuing his career in the Major League Baseball with the Cleveland Indians.

He signed a minor league deal, but is expected to report to the Indians after a short stay in Buffalo, Cleveland's AAA affiliate.

Once called up, Olerud will mostly be in a platoon at first base/designated hitter and a late-inning defensive replacement for the Indians.

ASTROS' ASTACIO OUT INDEFINITELY AFTER COLLISION

April 11, 2005

Houston, TX -- Houston Astros minor league pitcher Ezequiel Astacio suffered a major concussion during a game yesterday and is out indefinitely.

Astacio, who just missed out on a rotation spot with the big club, collided with teammate Brooks Conrad on a play at first base. Conrad came out of the collision unscathed and remained in the game.

Astacio is expected to miss atleast two months.

CARDINALS SPLIT TWO GAME SERIES WITH CINCINNATI

Stories to come when I get home from work

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also of note from now, I'm only gonna be doing updates every series. Hopefully, this will lead to getting games out quickers.

I'm also not gonna be doing a DynastyManager Profile page update until the end of April (currently on the 4/15). Again, hoping to make some more progress. Plus I have pictures, etc. that I'll be added, so it should be a decent sized update.

Brevard County Slugs Its Way to Victory

Brevard County -- Lead by Kade Harte's power stroke and Kevin

Scheckel's masterful pitching, Brevard County won 11-3.

After the first two men reached base in the third inning, Harte lifted a ball deep in the leftfield stands for a 3-0 lead. He later added a two-run double in the sixth inning that extended the lead to 5-0.

Harte, a top power-hitting prospect in the Milwaukee Brewers' organization, went 3 for 5 with a double, a home run and 5 runs batted in.

Meanwhile, Scheckel was dominating his opponent, striking out 5 batters in the first 3 frames. He pitched 6-plus solid innings, allowing just two hits--one was a two-run home run in seventh.

Harte.jpg

Kade Harte goes deep.

Scheckel.jpg

Kevin Scheckel pitches for Brevard County.

Good to see my "Fantasy" player, Kade Harte, is doing so well wolfy... My teammate, Kevin Scheckel's, success makes me happy too, as we might have another strong arm to look forward to in the Milwaukee Brewers organization! Without Matt LaPorta or Rob Bryson (or Steven Hammond), we will need someone to be that bunch of up-and-coming prospects by 2010 or 2011. What is Brevard County's record anyway? Is Jeremy Jeffress down there also?

Thanks,

--- vbprogjoe (Joe W.)

P.S. Sorry for, again, being absent for a week, as I had to finish a project at work quite a few times and then I devoted a lot of time to watching the Olympics. Still perturbed by the Olympic boxing scoring, but otherwise happy the U.S. women's soccer team won GOLD as well as the women's basketball team, just tickled pink that the "Redeem Team" and men's volleyball team (for the first time since something like 1984) won GOLD, and that we actually won some track and field relays (4 x 400s).

P.S.S. Sorry wolfy, for this little tangent and last time's too, but had to explain absence and my devout "fanship" or viewership of the Olympics. Since I used to be a judo participant (not in the Olympics, but in competition in college) back a while ago, I feel as an act of patriotism - I need to watch as much of the Olympics as possible. I will now promise never to mention it again, and devoutly try to never go on anymore tangents than absolutely necessary!!! :):( :oops:

PALM BEACH DOMINATE ERROR-PRONE MANATEES

Palm Beach, FL -- Behind J.C. Wolfe's dominating effort, Palm Beach whipped Brevard County 8-0.

Brevard County was error-proned all game committing three costly errors.

However, it didn't matter as Wolfe dominated the Manatees all night allowing no runs in seven innings. He struck out 7 and allowed only 7 baserunners (4 hits, 3 walks) on the night.

Wolfe even drove in a run with an RBI groundout in the sixth inning.

Scoring started quickly for the Cardinals. In the bottom of the first, Brevard County pitcher Tim Dillard allowed two straight singles, before Bourne Spoone homered to straigh away center for a 3-0 lead.

In the sixth inning, Palm Beach put the game away with 5 runs (4 unearned). After a Spoone single and Mike Gladden walk, Nick Hart drove in two runs on a Ryan Barba fielding error.

This was only the beginning of Barba's trouble, as he allowed to more runners to score when he overthrew second base on a double play attempt.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Baseball America:

Kade Harte: 1 for 4, 1 SO

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, if he guys haven't noticed these Palm Beach names are "fake" names of my friends.

Harte -- not sure of record, by the way this is 2005 (not 2008). So, eventually, I'm gonna put LaPorta in the game (edit one of the computer generated "fake" players)

Also, I'm actually playing Brevard County right now (Palm Beach that is).

Jeffriss just pitched 2 1/3-innings, no runs allowed.

You played, but don't remember what you did, I'll check later and edit this post.

Oh yeah, oops, this is a 2005 dynasty - NOT 2008!!! Well, just think of the domination of the Brew Crew with the likes of Hart, Harte, Braun, and LaPorta (1B) in 2008 or 2009 (or 2010), whenever all four are at the major league level! It makes me excited like Michael Phelps mom, just shocked to tar nations.

Thanks Sincerely,

+++ vbprogjoe 8O :D

CARDINALS, REDS SPLIT TWO-GAME SERIES

Boxscore - Cardinals 6, Reds 0

Boxscore - Reds 3, Cardinals 2

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

April 12, 2005

St. Louis, MO -- Matt Morris pitches gem, and the St. Louis Cardinals shutout the Cincinnati Reds 6-0.

Morris had Cincinnati hitters baffled; mixing up his pitches all day. He pitched 7 2/3 scoreless innings for his first win of the season.

Scott Rolen singled in the first inning, plating Mark Grudzielanek, who doubled off Reds starter Eric Milton, for a 1-0 lead.

Two innings later, Rolen hit a two run homer to left to increase the Cardinal lead to 3. He finished the day 2 for 4 with 3 runs batted in.

Milton struggled most of the day, allowing 12 runners (including 4 walks) to reach base in 6 innings. He also allowed a solo home run to David Eckstein.

Jim Edmonds added a two-run homer in the eighth inning.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

April 13, 2005

St. Louis, MO -- Cincinnati Reds rallied from a 2-0 deficit to split the two-game series with the St. Louis Cardinals.

Trailing 2-0 in the fourth, Ken Griffey Jr. took a Mark Mulder offering over the rightfield fence to tie the game.

Mulder, making his second start in a Cardinal uniform, pitched an effective 7 1/3-innings, but received a no decision, when Al Reyes allowed the go ahead run.

In the eighth, the Reds completed the comeback when Ryan Freel scored on a single by Wily Mo Pena.

David Weathers earned the win in relief of starter Paul Wilson. Weathers pitched 1 1/3 scoreless innings, striking out 2.

Wilson struggled early with his command, walking 5 batters, but he pitched out of jams most of the day. He allowed two runs in 6 1/3 innings, but both were unearned.

David Eckstein hit a week ground ball to second basemen Felipe Lopez, who proceeded to throw away. Eckstein was trying to move up two bases on the errant throw, when he got caught in a run down between second and third, when D'Angelo Jimenez threw it past Lopez; Eckstein scored.

Two batters later, Albert Pujols hit a bullet over the left field fence.

OK, here's a quick stat update for the top 100 -- batters only

Top 100 Batters

Note: If you wondering how I determined 2B and 3B since MVPSaveReader doesn't calculate them for the minor leagues, it gives TB and HRs, so I can back track into those numbers (granted it's not exact science, as 2 2Bs = 1 3B, but it its close )

I'm gonna wait on pitchers until end of month (as in April), because most guys have pitched 1 game.

Also, I noticed why some guys are getting released (I use teamchanger to resign them). Its because the computer (the game) has a set number of players allocated for each level.

MLB = 25 players

AAA = 24 players

A/AA = 23 players

So, basically, anytime someone gets injured or signed, etc. the game readjusts all lineups (at each level) to fit the above requirement, which is why guys get released. (as a check, hit CPU Optimazation (?) and you'll see).

So, anytime the CPU gets an injury or signs a free agent, I'm gonna have to use teamchanger and reedit their roster, including releasing a guy to make the above requirements (I'll release a guy playing poor)

Cheers, and hitters enjoy the update.

Pitchers, I did do MVPSaveReader, so if you want to know, leave a post on the other thread and I'll update when I can. I just haven't made a pitcher page yet, so it's alot of work

Guys,

Please read the whole thing (especially after the dashes).

This dynasty has become way too much for me to handle. Its was a great undertaking on my part, keeping track of all prospects, finiding them on their respective teams, reporting them on here, updating dynastymanager, and doing the Cardinals games, too.

Too much of undertaking for me to handle!

If I didn't work 10 hours a day, I'd have to focus on it and make it better that it has been. Its unfair for those, who patiently waited for me for updates and I couldn't deliver. This is my fault. I just couldn't find the right flow on this, and it seemed too chaotic. It just didn't live up to what I have done in the past and what I truly wanted for it.

With that said, I'm still playing the games as its my Cardinals dynasty, and I'll keep everyone tabs on how their guys is doing, its just gonna be more of a "back-burner" type of thing and sporadic.

Now moving on to the project that my brother, JC and roommate, Denman wanted to do.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The project is simple, my brother and roommate came up cool idea for dynasty. A '05 dynasty about the Montreal Expos, as if they were never disbanded and moved to DC after 2004 season. And, in so using the Expos, with the 70+ of us on that organization.

This will be easy for me, as every one of us will be in one spot.

This won't be much of an undertaking for me, as I'm rarely playing any games. I'm just the GM and facilitator on this website. In fact, I'm also gonna use the DynastyManager (sinces its already set for it for this franchise). Just need to change it to Expos, and delete the Cardinals info which is easy to do.

Again, I'm gonna keep this thread open as I'm gonna sporadically update on here. But my brother and roommate are itching to do this Expos one, and so am I (as GM anyways).

Tonight and tomorrow, JC, Denman and myself are gonna be putting the team together. We may use the MLB filled with vets, and the 70 of us on the 3 levels of minors. (which means if some guys don't mind, can I move your to pitcher to fill the rotations; just post on the Top 100 thread)

If your new and like to join, please use the Top 100 thread to post your info. And I'll create you in both franchises

Thanks and good luck

Guys,

Please read the whole thing (especially after the dashes).

This dynasty has become way too much for me to handle. Its was a great undertaking on my part, keeping track of all prospects, finiding them on their respective teams, reporting them on here, updating dynastymanager, and doing the Cardinals games, too.

Too much of undertaking for me to handle!

If I didn't work 10 hours a day, I'd have to focus on it and make it better that it has been. Its unfair for those, who patiently waited for me for updates and I couldn't deliver. This is my fault. I just couldn't find the right flow on this, and it seemed too chaotic. It just didn't live up to what I have done in the past and what I truly wanted for it.

With that said, I'm still playing the games as its my Cardinals dynasty, and I'll keep everyone tabs on how their guys is doing, its just gonna be more of a "back-burner" type of thing and sporadic.

Now moving on to the project that my brother, JC and roommate, Denman wanted to do.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The project is simple, my brother and roommate came up cool idea for dynasty. A '05 dynasty about the Montreal Expos, as if they were never disbanded and moved to DC after 2004 season. And, in so using the Expos, with the 70+ of us on that organization.

This will be easy for me, as every one of us will be in one spot.

This won't be much of an undertaking for me, as I'm rarely playing any games. I'm just the GM and facilitator on this website. In fact, I'm also gonna use the DynastyManager (sinces its already set for it for this franchise). Just need to change it to Expos, and delete the Cardinals info which is easy to do.

Again, I'm gonna keep this thread open as I'm gonna sporadically update on here. But my brother and roommate are itching to do this Expos one, and so am I (as GM anyways).

Tonight and tomorrow, JC, Denman and myself are gonna be putting the team together. We may use the MLB filled with vets, and the 70 of us on the 3 levels of minors. (which means if some guys don't mind, can I move your to pitcher to fill the rotations; just post on the Top 100 thread)

If your new and like to join, please use the Top 100 thread to post your info. And I'll create you in both franchises

Thanks and good luck

Like I said in the other thread, wolfy, sounds like a fantastic idea. Looking forward to the progression and all!!!

Sorry for being absent again, but my PC was in for updates/repairs - and I was out of commission for a couple of weeks. I felt very awkward without my computer at home. Almost "semi-depressed" and stressed out...

Sincerely,

+++ vbprogjoe (Joe W.) :( :? :p

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, I'm in the process of moving a couple of towns over and my desktop is packed away.

It's being played, just can't get to it right now. because of the move (I also have updates for the Top 100).

Check out the dynasty page as I did make the necessary changes to Expos and posted the first game.

Archived