Welcome to Baseball Heaven ~ A St. Louis Cardinals Dynasty

wolfy6finger

FINAL ROUND: Which team should I use for .mbe file to be released?  

35 members have voted

1. 1.

• Oakland Athletics
    • Pittsburgh Pirates
    • Washington Nationals

it's your dyanasty and your life, wolfy... do whatever the hell you want!

As duckdodger says, it's your dynasty, and we just live in it! Plus, like I said in the original thread (registation & B.A. information/scouting reports), take your time. I'm as patient as a sniper in the middle of the Himalayas taking out a Marxist boy band. Or in baseball terms, I'm as patient as the Brewers should be at the plate (or as patient as the Cardinals offense is IRL)!!! Plus, I need, desperately, to catch up on a bunch of dynasty reading anyway (wallbangers Pirate dynasty and all)...

Sincerely,

--- vbprogjoe (Joe W.) 8) :wink: :lol:

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the kind words, I just felt bad that it was going a little (more, like alot) slower than I wanted.

After my audit trip to NY this week and the quartely deadline (next Thursday); it should be smooth sailing for the next 3 months, until I start the process all over again.

Marlins -- just to let you know I faced the Jupiter quite alot already, so I have a scouting report (like the Vero Beach one) that I need to post, as soon as I get back from NY.

I'm also adding a revised organization/team.mbe poll to this page, which lists the 3 top vote-getters from the previous poll (on other thread).

The winner of this one will become our team organization for when I release the Top 100 Prospects on this site. Of course, we need 100 prospects for that to happen

Thanks for the kind words, I just felt bad that it was going a little (more, like alot) slower than I wanted.

After my audit trip to NY this week and the quartely deadline (next Thursday); it should be smooth sailing for the next 3 months, until I start the process all over again.

Marlins -- just to let you know I faced the Jupiter quite alot already, so I have a scouting report (like the Vero Beach one) that I need to post, as soon as I get back from NY.

I'm also adding a revised organization/team.mbe poll to this page, which lists the 3 top vote-getters from the previous poll (on other thread).

The winner of this one will become our team organization for when I release the Top 100 Prospects on this site. Of course, we need 100 prospects for that to happen

Maybe you'll also get some time to go see the Cardinals and Mets this weekend too at Shea (at least I think the Cards are on the road). LOL and thanking god the Brewers got out of town with a sweep, as my hands sweated the whole darn series!!! I'm still sweating...

Sincerely,

--- vbprogjoe (Joe W.) :lmao:

April 7, 2005

Injury Report

Lex Butera of Dunedin of Florida State League was placed on the minor league disabled list with a sprained knee. He is expected to miss about a month of action.

Ahhhhh my bum right knee! Offseason rugby certainly didn't help it's strength.

All I have to say Wolfe, is you are a better man than I. This is truly a tremendous task you have taken on.

In the words of (HFLR - Hector Rivera) "Choo got some big cojones, ese" :lol:

Is that you wallbanger (changing your username), or is this another Blades? Jason Blades? Calling the bladesey? If this is the 'banger, you must work for the CIA or something. I swear I didn't blow your cover, it was someone else... 8):)

Sincerely,

Awesome can't wait to hear what you have to say.

you alive, wolfy?

I believe he is still on that business trip in NYC?!!? Either that, or he is like me and ready to "jump off the ledge" from a disappointing NL Central team in contention (if you want to "call" it that). My beloved Brewers have me losing hair (because I'm "pulling" it), growing 3 years every day I watch the bungling Brewers, and ready to protest for the firing of Ned "Dumb As A Post" Yost!!! Maybe wolfy is going to the "asylum" after watching the Cardinals blow leads against the Phillies.??.

Sincerely,

--- vbprogjoe (Joe W.) :( :? :x :cry: :shrug:

P.S. As another part of my "pseudo-therapy," I would also like to, again, say that the Brewers are for sure and indeed, the worst "good" team in the Majors. Believe me, as a fan, it hurts to say, but it is sooooo TRUE!!! :wall: :duh: :headache:

I believe he is still on that business trip in NYC?!!? Either that, or he is like me and ready to "jump off the ledge" from a disappointing NL Central team in contention (if you want to "call" it that). My beloved Brewers have me losing hair (because I'm "pulling" it), growing 3 years every day I watch the bungling Brewers, and ready to protest for the firing of Ned "Dumb As A Post" Yost!!! Maybe wolfy is going to the "asylum" after watching the Cardinals blow leads against the Phillies.??.

Sincerely,

--- vbprogjoe (Joe W.) :( :? :x :cry: :shrug:

P.S. As another part of my "pseudo-therapy," I would also like to, again, say that the Brewers are for sure and indeed, the worst "good" team in the Majors. Believe me, as a fan, it hurts to say, but it is sooooo TRUE!!! :wall: :duh: :headache:

I dunno...my Tigers would give them a good run...

Guys, I want to apologize for being AWOL.

But here's the scoop, my personal computer FINALLY crapped-out. I knew it would happen eventually, just not so soon. It's getting repaired because of some work-related stuff was on it, but I didn;t want to wait for a month+ for it to comeback. So, I had to purchase a new computer, which just arrived on Tuesday. It's set up and ready go.

The good news is I backuped the Top 100 Prospects roster on a flash drive. So, I only lost the last few guys I entered after the season started.

The bad news I hadn't backed up the season to it, which means I have to start the season over (I was only two weeks in, so now big deal), plus I had to reinstall MVP05 and all the downloads I uploaded for it (this part is done).

I do have to add in the last few players, because they were not added until I already started the season, but that shouldn't take long.

So, the restart is gonna Friday, which means the two guys that were injured are no longer injured and Pengelley might pitched better...LOL.

Is that you wallbanger (changing your username), or is this another Blades? Jason Blades? Calling the bladesey? If this is the 'banger, you must work for the CIA or something. I swear I didn't blow your cover, it was someone else... 8):)

Sincerely,

Im under cover with MarkB :lol: he told me that I had to keep it hush hush or Id blow the whole thing wide open :whistle: or crap...........to late :wall:

Guys, I want to apologize for being AWOL.

But here's the scoop, my personal computer FINALLY crapped-out. I knew it would happen eventually, just not so soon. It's getting repaired because of some work-related stuff was on it, but I didn;t want to wait for a month+ for it to comeback. So, I had to purchase a new computer, which just arrived on Tuesday. It's set up and ready go.

The good news is I backuped the Top 100 Prospects roster on a flash drive. So, I only lost the last few guys I entered after the season started.

The bad news I hadn't backed up the season to it, which means I have to start the season over (I was only two weeks in, so now big deal), plus I had to reinstall MVP05 and all the downloads I uploaded for it (this part is done).

I do have to add in the last few players, because they were not added until I already started the season, but that shouldn't take long.

So, the restart is gonna Friday, which means the two guys that were injured are no longer injured and Pengelley might pitched better...LOL.

woohoo, that means I didnt give up 4 runs in 5 innings, or something like that? I know I pitched like crap my first start :lol:

Played the first game last night against the Astros. Hopefully, I'd get to two or three games tonight. (which should be the start of the minor leagues season)

by the way, Duckdodger, you're prospect ended up getting shelled in an outing (so, its good thing my pc grapped-out..LOL)

Played the first game last night against the Astros. Hopefully, I'd get to two or three games tonight. (which should be the start of the minor leagues season)

by the way, Duckdodger, you're prospect ended up getting shelled in an outing (so, its good thing my pc grapped-out..LOL)

oi... nice work, wolfy.

Note: I didn't realize when my old pc crapped-out, I hadn't backed up my templates. Which means I have to start most of those from scratch....which sucks

Quick Weekend Update:

St. Louis Cardinals swept the Houston Astros in the opening series.

Game #1: Behind Chris Carpenter's 8-shutout innings, Cardinals won the season opener, 3-0. Albert Pujols took the first pitch he saw in the fourth ininng over the right field wall.

Game #2: After the middle relief blew a late lead, the Cardinals prevailed in extra innings, 3-2.

The Cardinals then had a day off.

Currently playing against the Philadelphia Phillies.

Game #1: Trailing 3-2 in the sixth inning, Cardinals scored 4 runs off starter Vicente Padilla for a 7-3. So Taguchi added a solo shot in the seventh inning. Mark Mulder's first career start as a Cardinal was up-and-down, but he somehow pulled out a victory.

Top 100 Prospects:

Also, the minor leagues have started and am currently facing the Marlins' Single-A team. Mike Silberling will be pitching the third game of the series. Fernando Garcia made two pinch-hitting appearances in the first two games. (need to check what he did)

Also, I used team changer and faced the Indians' A club, because I noticed Andrew McLean was making his first start. (I also will periodocally be doing this to "frap" pictures for the profiles). As promised, he was wild. In six inning loss, he allowed 2 ERs, struck out 4, and walked 6 (need to double check).

Philadelphia Phillies (1-2) @ St. Louis Cardinals (2-0)

Pitching Matchups

April 8, 2005: Vicente Padilla (0-0, -) vs. Mark Mulder (0-0, -)

April 9, 2005: Amaury Telemaco (0-0, -) vs. Jeff Suppan (0-0, -)

April 10, 2005: Jon Lieber (0-1, 3.86) vs. Chris Carpenter (1-0, 0.00)

CARPENTER DOMINATES RIVAL ASTROS

Boxscore - Cardinals 3, Astros 0

April 5, 2005

HOUSTON (AP) – After last years’ World Series debacle against the Boston Red Sox, the St. Louis Cardinals were hoping for good start to the 2005 season.

It took only one Albert Pujols swing to ensure an Opening Day victory over their NL Central rivals, the Houston Astros.

The Astros were hoping to get some revenge from last year's NLCS defeat to the Cardinals, but Chris Carpenter, who missed the entire 2004 postseason with nerve damage in his right elbow, won by allowing no runs on three hits in eight innings; striking out six in the 3-0 victory.

"It was great to go back out there and pitch," Carpenter said. "Last season's ending was a bit of a disappointment for the team and for me personally."

Jason Isringhausen retired the side in the ninth for the save.

Roy Oswalt, the NL's only 20-game winner last year, pitched well in every inning, but the fourth. Oswalt allowed three runs on six hits in 7-1/3 innings.

Larry Walker singled into shallow left to begin the fourth inning. Pujols took Oswalt's very next offering over the leftfield wall for a 2-0 lead.

After Jim Edmonds and Scott Rolen struckout back-to-back, Reggie Sanders doubled off the leftfield wall; narrowly missing a home run in the Crawford Boxes. Mark Grudzielanek would later drive him in with a single for the 3-0 winning margin.

Rounding the Bases

The opening two-game series finale will feature Andy Pettitte, who missed a good portion of the 2005 season, against Cardinal veteran pitcher Matt Morris.

PUJOLS DRIVES IN GAME-WINNER OFF LIDGE IN EXTRA INNINGS

Boxscore - Cardinals 3, Astros 2 (10)

April 6, 2005

Houston (TX) – St. Louis Cardinals rallied late to sweep Houston Astros in the opening two-game set.

After a David Eckstein leadoff single to begin the tenth inning, Albert Pujols took a Brad Lidge fastball to the centerfield hill for a 3-2 lead. Pujols finished 2-2 with three walks.

Trailing 2-1 in the eigth inning, Eckstein lead off with double. Scott Rolen then singled him home to knot the core up at 2-2.

Matt Morris two-hit the Astros for six innings, allowing a run and struck six.

Jason Isringhausen closed the door for the second straight night for the series sweep.

Andy Pettitte, coming off an elbow injury that ended his season last August, pitched well, allowing only an unearned run over seven solid innings. Pettitte allowed three hits and walked two.

“He kept us off-balance most of the night,†Rolen said. “We were lucky the bullpen imploded some late.â€

Rounding the Bases

St. Louis lefty Mark Mulder, an offseason acquisition from Oakland, makes his Cardinal debut in St. Louis’ home opener against the Philadelphia Phiilies.

Also, I used team changer and faced the Indians' A club, because I noticed Andrew McLean was making his first start. (I also will periodocally be doing this to "frap" pictures for the profiles). As promised, he was wild. In six inning loss, he allowed 2 ERs, struck out 4, and walked 6 (need to double check).

lol. I think you mean Andre not Andrew. :lol:

Nice to see that I only gave up 2 runs despite walking 6 lol. What I dislike about MVP Baseball is that you can have neither finesse pitchers nor pitchers with poor control that get a lot of strikeouts. You have to have good control on your out pitch to be an effective strikeout pitcher. At least when you sim games that is.

lol when I read Pujols drives in game-winner against Lidge, I thought that you played the Phillies. I keep forgetting this is a 2005 dynasty not 2008. :lol:

Archived