Welcome to Baseball Heaven ~ A St. Louis Cardinals Dynasty

wolfy6finger

FINAL ROUND: Which team should I use for .mbe file to be released?  

35 members have voted

1. 1.

• Oakland Athletics
    • Pittsburgh Pirates
    • Washington Nationals

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry I've been absent the past week, but ever since the Olympics in Beijing started Friday, I've been glued trying to watch (or at least hope) for some "domination" for our sweet United States!!! Go USA, Go USA, Go USA!!! I swear with Phelps and the "Redeem Team," I'm almost ready to scream for joy!!!!! Especially after we took France to the "woodshed," with that last second relay win on Sunday night (our time)...

Sincerely,

--- vbprogjoe (Joe W.) :D

P.S. The only part (or I should really say, sport) I'm disappointed in, is boxing. God, the point scoring/judging system is so corrupt and such a "joke," to say the least. They hardly count body blows, and even some good and direct head shots are never counted?!!? :x :?

Sorry I've been absent the past week, but ever since the Olympics in Beijing started Friday, I've been glued trying to watch (or at least hope) for some "domination" for our sweet United States!!! Go USA, Go USA, Go USA!!! I swear with Phelps and the "Redeem Team," I'm almost ready to scream for joy!!!!! Especially after we took France to the "woodshed," with that last second relay win on Sunday night (our time)...

Sincerely,

--- vbprogjoe (Joe W.) :D

P.S. The only part (or I should really say, sport) I'm disappointed in, is boxing. God, the point scoring/judging system is so corrupt and such a "joke," to say the least. They hardly count body blows, and even some good and direct head shots are never counted?!!? :x :?

No offense, but what does this have to do with my franchise? Seriously, I love the US and all, but this stuff can be posted in the other thread

BASEBALL AMERICA'S TOP 100 PROSPECT REPORT

Florida Marlins' catching prospect Fernando Garcia (#34 rated prospect) drove in the game-winning run against the Palm Beach Cardinals in Friday's win. Garcia has made only two pinch-hitting appearances so far in the series, but is expected to make his first professional start behind the dish tomorrow afternoon.

Highly-touted pitching prospect Michael Silberling (#28 rated prospect) is also set to make first professional appearance, when he starts against the Palm Beach Cardinals.

Meanwhile, in the Cleveland Indians' organization, Andre McLean (#17 rated prospect) made his much-anticpated professional debut. Pitching for the Kinston Indians, he pitched 5-1/3 innings, allowing two runs on only three hits, but he was wild as he walked six batters, while striking out four.

BASENALL AMERICA'S TOP 100 PROSPECT REPORT

Florida Marlins' catching prospect Fernando Garcia (#34 rated prospect) drove in the game-winning run against the Palm Beach Cardinals in Friday's win. Garcia has made only two pinch-hitting appearances so far in the series, but is expected to make his first professional start behind the dish tomorrow afternoon.

Highly-touted pitching prospect Michael Silberling (#28 rated prospect) is also set to make first professional appearance, when he starts against the Palm Beach Cardinals.

Sweet looking forward to calling the game and catching Michael's debut.

McLean Loses Professional Debut

Kinston -- Andre McLean, a highly touted pitching prospect, made his professional debut for the Kinston Indians last night.

In the 3-2 loss, McLean went 6-2/3 innings, allowing just one run on 5 hits. He struck out 4 and walked two, not including a hits batsmen.

His only poor inning came in the first inning, when he walked his first two batters, then allowed a single that drove in the first run of the game. He was able to get out of the first wothout allowing another run.

He left in seventh inning trailing 1-0, but Kinston couldn't come any closer.

McLean.jpg

Andre McLean makes a pitch for Kinston Indians.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brevard County Slugs Its Way to Victory

Brevard County -- Lead by Kade Harte's power stroke and Kevin

Scheckel's masterful pitching, Brevard County won 11-3.

After the first two men reached base in the third inning, Harte lifted a ball deep in the leftfield stands for a 3-0 lead. He later added a two-run double in the sixth inning that extended the lead to 5-0.

Harte, a top power-hitting prospect in the Milwaukee Brewers' organization, went 3 for 5 with a double, a home run and 5 runs batted in.

Meanwhile, Scheckel was dominating his opponent, striking out 5 batters in the first 3 frames. He pitched 6-plus solid innings, allowing just two hits--one was a two-run home run in seventh.

Harte.jpg

Kade Harte goes deep.

Scheckel.jpg

Kevin Scheckel pitches for Brevard County.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Palm Beach upends Silberling and the Hammerheads

Jupiter -- Despite their struggling offense, Palm Beach slipped past Jupiter 3-1 for the second time in the series.

Michael Silberling, Florida Marlins' best pitching prospect, struggled with his command for most of the day. He allowed three runs -- all in the third -- on 5 walks and 5 hits. Silberling did strike out 5.

In the third inning, Nick Hart doubled home the first run and Matt Gladden followed with a two-run double to make it 3-0.

Fernando Garcia went 1 for 3.

garcia.jpg

Fernando Garcia blocks a ball in the dirt.

Guys -- quick update, I'm gonna be playing a Vero Beach-St. Lucie game tonight (as in right now), because its Pengelley versus Exelor in a Top 100 matchup.

Note: As for pics, I'll be getting those, too. And Silberling for some reason I forget to get one when you were pitching, but I did get a nice one of Garcia blocking the ball.

Exelor gets best of Pengelley; St. Lucie wins 3-1

Vero Beach -- Neo Exelor outduels Nick Pengelley in a St. Lucie 3-1 win.

Exelor pitched 6-innings of 3-hit ball, striking out 6 and walking 2. His only blemish was a fourth inning by Chris Ravage.

Ravage finished the day 1 for 3 with a two strikeouts and a walk.

Dustin Glasner started the scoring with an RBI single in the third inning.

After Ravage's homer run in the fourth, St. Lucie would strike again. Glasner led off fifth inning with a single to centerfield. After stealing second and third, Mike Carp drove him out for a 2-1 lead.

Glasner would also lead the eighth inning with his third hit of the day. After stealing two more nbases for the second time, John Luke Chapparo drove him in with a sacrifice fly.

Glasner finished the 3 for 3 with 3 singles, four stolen bases, 2 runs scored and an RBI. He also had sacrifice bunt.

Chaparro had no hits in three atbats, but did hit a sacrifice fly for an insurance run and also had a game saving catch at third base.

Pengelley pitched well in the loss. His knuckle ball confused most of the hitters the entire day. He just couldn't contain Glasner.

Exelor.jpg

Exelor waits for batter.

Glasner.jpg

Glasner goes opposite field for St. Lucie 1-0 lead.

JohnLuke.jpg

Chaparro saves a run with this leaping catch.

Pengelley-1.jpg

Pengelley "knuckles" a pitch passed Chapparo.

Ravage.jpg

Ravage goes deep to tie score, 1-1.

won.jpg

Won bunts his way on.

perezeric.jpg

Perez points to his catcher after saving a 3-1 St. Lucie win.

I was gonna upload minor league games, but because I have real names of my friends sprinkled throughout the game I can't for their privacy. (Plus, I just don't have the time to do that and keep this updated)

I also added a two-stories to McLean's and Scheckel's debut (need to pull information for the Silberling debut)

Nice work Wolfy, you've got one helluva undertaking with this dynasty.

You kicked my *** all day long. When I get these pitcher-vs.-pitcher matchups, I use the pitchers (pitch for both teams).

I couldn't throw you out stealing bases or even stop you from getting hits.

Any info on when you play the pirates A affliate?

I don't think Palm Beach is in the same league as Pitts A affiliate

However, i have been playing some other games (I love teamchanger) when I see a top 100 pitcher.

I wont be doing this for teams that only have a hitter or two until a few more weeks have been played.

Evert Falls Short in No-Hit Bid; Still Wins

Springfield -- Bret Evert came within one out of no-hitting the Springfield Cardinals in San Antonio's 3-2 win.

With two outs in the bottom of the ninth inning, Evert gave up a slow chopper up the middle to Reid Gorecki for Springfield's first hit. Two pitches later he lost the shutout, when Jarrett Hoffpauir homered to left-center.

Jeff Heaverlo came in to record the final out for his third save of the young season.

Evert struck out 5 and walked only 1 in 8-2/3 innings.

--------------------------------------------------

Yep, I almost got no-hit. And that ball just by Gorecki just slipped past the second basemen.

Japanese-import Takashi Takes No Decision

Vero Beach -- Katuzaka Takashi pitched strongly for six-innings in his first action since leaving Japan in Vero Beach's 3-2 loss.

Takashi allowed 2 runs on 5 hits in his debut, striking out 3.

He allowed a home run in the second inning, when Brendan Hebert homered to center for a Palm Beach 1-0 lead.

Vero Beach bounced back with a run in the bottom half of the second on a Blake DeWitt RBI ground out. The very next inning, Adam Godwin tripled in Chin-Lung Hu for a 2-1 lead.

However, Nick Hart hit a sacrifice fly to tie the score at 2-2 in the top of the fourth inning.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Baseball America Notables:

Paul Quisenberry: 0-4, 1 SO

Chris Ravage: 0-4

Wolfe Almost Sinks Competition

Vero Beach -- A. P. Wolfe, Baseball America's #1 prospect, pitched effectively for 6-innings in an Palm Beach 3-2 extra-inning victory.

Wolfe's only blemish was in the sixth inning, when Chin-Lung Hu scored on groundout by Blake DeWitt.

Wolfe allowed just the one run in six innings, striking out 6, walking 1 in the no decision.

After a slow start, Nick Hart continued his strong hitting, when he hit a two-run shot in the first inning for a 2-0 lead.

Trailing 2-1, DeWitt drove in his second run of the day with an RBI single to shallow center, plating Nick Alvarez in the eighth inning.

J.D. Wolfe picked up the win in relief, when Drew Courte hit a home run in the eleventh frame.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Baseball America Notables:

Paul Quisenberry: 0-4

Jae Won: 1-4, 1 SO, sacrifice bunt

Chris Ravage: 2-5, 1 SO

Rusty Schackelford: 1 IP, 1 H, 1 SO

MULDER WINS CARDINAL DEBUT

Boxscore - Cardinals 7, Phillies 3

April 8, 2005

ST. LOUIS (AP) – Behind off-season acquisition Mark Mulder, the St. Louis Cardinals remained perfect for the year after a 7-3 victory over the Philadelphia Phillies in the home opener.

Making his Cardinal debut, Mulder pitched effectively for most of the night, getting in and out of trouble. He struggled with his command at times during the game, but in the end he finished strong for the win. Mulder, acquired from the Oakland Athletics during the winter, pitched six-innings, allowing three runs on sevens hits. He walked two and struck six.

After Mulder breezed through the first inning, Philadelphia slugger Jim Thome took him deep on a 3-1 fastball for an early 1-0 lead.

The lead didn’t last long, as Cardinals scored in back-to-back innings in the third and fourth. David Eckstein doubled home Mark Grudzielanek in the top of the third to tie the score at 1.

One inning later, Grudzielanek drove in Jim Edmonds for a 2-1 lead. Grudzielanek finished the day 3-for-4 with two runs scored and two runs batted in, raising his average to .308.

The Phillies retaliated with two runs of their own in the top half of the fifth. After a Jimmy Rollins single and stolen base, Placido Polanco drove him home on a sawed-off single to left.

Two batters later, Thome proceded to drive in his second run of the day, when he plated Polanco for a 3-2 lead.

After Edmonds walked and Scott Rolen singled, Grudzielanek doubled to left, plating Edmonds for the second time in the game. Pinch-hitter John Mabry the hit a high-chopper down to third, scoring Rolen for a 4-3 lead.

Two batters later, Larry Walker doubled to deep right, plating Grudzielanek and slow-footed Yadier Molina to double up the score.

Defensive replacement So Taguchi added a solo shot in the eighth inning off reliever Terry Adams.

Rounding the Bases

Jason Marquis will miss his first start of the season, after feeling a small twinge in his backup during a bullpen session. Marquis will be available either next Thursday or Friday. Jeff Suppan will move up one-day to start.

Archived