New City, Career Renewed - Oakland A's Year 3

rookie_rick

Wow, 14 K's rick? Sounds like the pounding I used to take off of Tim Wakefield when I played with the A's. Definitely makes for a long game. :huh:

I have no idea what happened because last season i destroyed Cabrera when he was on the Orioles. His pitches have improved and his control is a lot better as well. I really thought he was going to no-hit me up until Lowrie's infield single in the fifth inning. The worse thing is that i have the top of the Angel's rotation to come now.

Looks like those Halo's are pretty tough, rick. 11 hits (Boston) spread out over the last 3 games, I know it all too well, it can get pretty frustrating. I smell a rally coming..

:D

The last time i had struggled this bad was about 3 weeks before the All Star break last season and then i went on a terrible run of winning about 3 games in the entire 3 weeks!

I am not worried just yet because the Yankees only have 1 win and i'm still top of the division.

If i struggle in the next game, i think i may have to make a few changes to the line up.

I think an issue is that i haven't created the line up to take advantage of the players i've got instead i have just slotted the new players in where the old players played last season.

I have decided to add another dimension to this dynasty. I will include pieces on management changes and other staff acquisitions, i will utimately decide which managers get fired and hired. The best part is i will not be exempt from this so if Boston start to do extremely badly then it may mean that i get fired. This won't mean the end of the dynasty. I will just go to another team that would likely hire me.

E.G team bottom of a division or underachieving.

*Edit* I would love to know what everyone thinks about this idea.

Great idea, rick. Presenting 162 games can get tedious and obviously repetitious. I personally like watching the numbers develop in the most realistic setting I can have, accurate rosters and so on, and it no doubt can get boring to the observer. But in reality, dynasties are presented for entertainment, so there really are no boundaries

Like I said, great idea, go for it.

Great idea, rick. Presenting 162 games can get tedious and obviously repetitious. I personally like watching the numbers develop in the most realistic setting I can have, accurate rosters and so on, and it no doubt can get boring to the observer. But in reality, dynasties are presented for entertainment, so there really are no boundaries

Like I said, great idea, go for it.

Yea, it usually is quite tedious but honestly i am still loving doing this dynasty and i have decided i am going to try and keep this up for as many seasons as i can and this also opens up different options with the likes of developing prospects and rebuilding teams if necessary. The only issue will be that the rosters may become unrealistic but i'm not a person to go out and try and sign all the massive players in free agency and i may edit some players so there isn't a large amount of players with full ratings. E.G 100 power if it doesn't seem realistic.

Even better if you can keep it going enough to watch your team evolve over the years.

The thing that i am going to do though is regardless of the team i am in charge of, i will look back at the moves the real life GM's make and try and keep to their philosophies to make it seem like the team has a GM. Which will hopefully help the teams evolve in a more realistic way.

I am now on a 5 game losing streak but a positive to draw from that game is that Manny now has 2 home runs and the team is starting to hit. The main negative is that yet again Jon Lester has been torn apart. Last season i assumed it was just a bad season but he has started this season with two bad starts and it looks possible that he may be sent down to Pawtucket but before that happens i need to find a suitable replacement to call up.