Some MVP 2005 news

HaloFan

This is an article on the Giants official website talking about the announcers in the game going through a recording session.

http://sanfrancisco.giants.mlb.com/NASApp/...f&fext=.jsp

From the article:

The 2005 edition of the game, coming out in the spring for PlayStation 2, Xbox and GameCube, marks the third year Krukow and Kuiper have done vocals for the game. The 2004 version ranked as the No. 1-selling baseball video game last year, according to EA Sports.

"The hardest thing for me is the names, and every year, I think, 'Well, we've already done the names,' " said Kuiper. "Then we found out we're doing Triple-A and Double-A players, and now we're doing all the minor leagues. If we start to do the Japan League, I'm in big trouble."

My comments:

I hope it's just an oversight that the PC isn't mentioned.

The article does seem to confirm that full minors will be included, which is good news.

How can it be great news? It's only great news if the full minors system includes REAL minor leaguers. A single-A system would be good, but unless it's with real minors instead of fake minors like this year, then what's the point in doing all the names?

well the key here is that they failed to mention PC as one of the systems its comming out for...which if not it basically defeats the purpose of this site...except for modding for xbox and PS2 which i think would suck...i really do hope it comes out for PC after all of the wishlists and hoping and anticipation after months and months...

Basically since it's a 3 year period for EA to make their complete game, the first year they did the audio PBP, they had to say lots of lines. 2nd year, they just add on, and the third year i think is the last big effort and they'll have to say a whole lot more lines.

Haven't you noticed that they never talk about the PC version anymore when it comes to console-based games? The PC version of Madden never gets mentioned, etc. It's the only thing I like about EA, they put most of their games out on PC (with the exception of NCAA FB :evil: ).

Haven't you noticed that they never talk about the PC version anymore when it comes to console-based games? The PC version of Madden never gets mentioned, etc. It's the only thing I like about EA, they put most of their games out on PC (with the exception of NCAA FB :evil: ).

It's because when you develop a game on a console, development is easy because you deal with just one setup that most of america has. On a PC it's different because everybody has different setups and the game can't adjust to all of them.

yes i am mad about NCAA football too...i have ncaa football 2004 for PS2 and i love it...wish it came out for PC...the best college football game i ever played was Bill Walsh football 94 for SEGA...that was a sweet game...

How can it be great news? It's only great news if the full minors system includes REAL minor leaguers. A single-A system would be good, but unless it's with real minors instead of fake minors like this year, then what's the point in doing all the names?

Ummmmm it's good because it means we could have another level to play with. Who cares if the players are real or not? That's what roster mods are for. What this could mean is that the real A-ball teams will be in the game, which would include the minor league teams in the So Cal area like the Lake Elsinore Storm and Rancho Cucamonga Quakes.

Maybe we'll even get a full assortment of minor league stadiums...maybe not for every team, but more than the 6 generic stadiums in 2004.

if they don't set it up to play any scheduled league game in franchise mode (not just one team's games) then the game is still an arcade game. have you ever seen any other sports game that limits you to only playing with one team the whole year? i realize i can play the non-franchise mode with any two teams, but what fun is that if you can't keep standings, schedules, and stats?

i wasted my money this year because of that problem - i sure hope they correct that in the 2005 version. this series has a lot of potential with the great graphics, etc., but until ea changes a few things, it's just an arcade game meant for console players and a game that should be in the arcade at the mall where you pop in your coins after each game and don't care about realistic stats or the option to set up and use your custom league the way you want to use it. madden killed us pc'ers this year because they left out the use of creating, importing, and using custom teams like you could in last year's version of this year's console versions.

i think ea sports really doesn' give a s**t about pc clients or else thay wouldn't have screwed us pc'ers in madden 2005 and they would have put out a ncaa basketball & football game for the pc

i don't think ea sports cares about pc'ers at all. they screwed us this year with madden 2005 pc. they left out the feature that you could use and import custom teams like last year's version - the left that feature in for the consoles though !!

i have to agree and disagree with you on the part you stated about liking ea sports because they put out most of their games on the pc. i don't purchase any games but sports games, but i've been wishing and begging ea sports to come out with college football & basketball games

like they (and everybody else like espn, sega, etc) do for consoles. i'd sure like to see a ncaa football for the pc - or a final 4 or ncaa basketball for the pc. if it weren't for 3rd party modders who help us with ncaa rosters and artwork for madden & nba live, i wouldn't buy either game.

with high heat baseball gone, i hope ea sports doesn't screw up the mvp baseball series, adds a mode to play with any scheduled league games in franchise mode ( not just one team's games ), and listens to all of us on the forums as far as wish lists, complaints, or comments, and improves there game every year like they have for the nba live and madden (except for this year) series

Word! The best thing about pc games are all the killer mods!!! EA does put most of their games out for pcs, but I think many of us on this site know that the mods make the game...kc said it best," If its in the game, we put it there!"

Does EA even read any e-mail from people that actually purchase their games. I doubt they could care less what we have to say.

that's true. i've contacted ea sports 10 or 12 times regarding madden 2005 pc, nba live, and mvp 2004 and have never received a response. the problem is, the games are highly rated and making money for them, so they really don't care. i think their thinking is 'who cares if you don't like the game or would like to make suggestions for the next series of the game, we're making a ton of money and if you don't buy our game next year, thousands of new people will'.

all ea sports games started out to be just thumb jockey arcade games with no realistic stats like something you'd play in an arcade at the mall. after the game, put in more money and play again. the madden and nba live series evolved over the years to be very good at both great graphics, good realistic gameplay, good for joystick jockies, and good for stat freaks. this year they took giant strides back to the arcade roots again by not having the custom league option in the pc version of madden 2005 and not being able to play a scheduled league game with more than one team in mvp 2004. it looks as though they want to satisfy the console arcade players and ignore the pc'ers and stat freaks.

To defend E.A., I've had a response to every one of my contacts with them.

How do you guys contact them? Direct e-mail address or the correct way?

i've contacted them through the ea support site on the web mainly through their suggestions/feedback option and the other option that has something to do with questions not answered in basic support screens. i've tried 2 or 3 different ways of contacting them, including a lot of e-mails. i didn't write any flaming messages or go off in a slamming tangent. i just asked basic questions like -" i think the mvp baseball looks like a winning series that will improve every year. my only complaint is that i can only play one team's games in franchise mode. if you could include the ability to play any scheduled league game i want with any two teams, i'd buy it the minute it hits the shelves, but playing with only one team gets boring after a while. i realize that i can play with any two teams in the other mode, but what fun is there playing games that cant be saved in standings and stats?" even a patch to enable this would be great.

or i've sent them messages pleading with them to come out with ncaa versions of madden and nba live - or pc versions of their console ncaa basketball and football games.

i've asked them 3 or 4 times why they left out one of the best features of madden in the pc version of madden 2005- to import, export, and use custom teams, because i download 3rd party ncaa artwork and rosters and like to play with ncaa teams too.

like i said, they don't seem to read all of the questions, complaints, suggestions, and wish lists on all of the forums. the next year, they put out the same game with only a couple of cosmetic changes, get their money out of all the buyers, keep their high game ratings, and go on their merry way.

Archived