The Stadium Design Thread

hiheat32

Post your design in this thread and let the community comment! Google sketchup will help you get started if you have no clue where to start.

I've decided to start workin on this old stadium i made a while back in a completely failed contest. Since i have a new computer that can handle larger venues, i have decided to build the stadium from scratch and add more detail to it. Here is the first look:

e16ayv.jpg

fyi, i have not even begun to add detail to the stadium. structural work needs to be done first right? also, i am NOT using sketchup. i'm using an old architectural program that i found laying around the house.

thats pretty good timay. once you got the base, its pretty easy to ad on to it.

midaz, thats also a very nice looking stadium.

davidthecornman, it does look like mr met, took a few things from the 3d warehouse...

and i also changed the color of my seats and added a retractable roof:

2krpdd.jpg

All I took from the 3d warehouse was the Unisphere behind center field and the light bank and seating textures from (I believe) the Camden Yards model. In order to avoid any ludicrous accusations that I steal from these models without giving credit where credit is due, I'll take this opportunity to set the record straight...

"Oriole Park at Camden Yards by Google": http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/det...de7&prevstart=0

"Unisphere by JayCeeLoop":

http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/det...ecb&prevstart=0

I apologize for not taking this precautionary measure beforehand.

mr met you stole that from someone on the 3d warehouse. at least the stadium you did and you just added stuff on to it.

No. He didn't.

I was around for when he made it from scratch.

There's a few elements that he (and everyone else in the old stadium contest) borrowed from other sources - but that is because everyone was learning SketchUp on the fly.

Don't try to start drama for no reason.

Archived