MVPMods 2008 Playoffs Simulation

JoeRudi26

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No worries about the template. I want to do something on the home run derby but i don't know how i should set it out and where to start. I'm going to get the template started over today and tomorrow because i'm not at home so i can't play any more games till monday and i've only got a three game series before the All Star game so need to get the templates done.

You got any ideas on how i should set out the template?

You can take a look at what I did for my Red Sox dynasty. I incorporated a home-run derby and played the all-star game as well. I actually played the all-star game against one of my friends so that the rosters would be managed realistically (if you play the all-star game against the CPU, the CPU substitutes only when it has to. Often times, the bench players never see any playing time).

LupeFiasco -

This was copied and pasted from page 39 in my old dynasty thread.

A couple of people were asking for my sliders, so I will post them here. Keep in mind that what works for me may not work for you, I doubt if two people play the game the exact same way. Mine are a culmination of others and myself, and seem to fit my style of play to give myself good, realistic results. Hopefully this will be a good basis for whoever wants them.

My pitch counts are relatively low in my games, but this is due to sometimes lack of patience on my part.

Some of the particular sliders may look to be favored one way or another, but sometimes it's done to offset something else.

For example:

A high foul ball frequency equals a higher pitch count, and so on.

All -Star Level

Pitching

Difficulty -50

Pitch Speed 20

Ball Rate 8

User Pitcher Fatigue -10

CPU Pitcher Fatigue 6

User Pitcher Control -20

CPU Pitcher Control 0

User Bullpen Fatigue Rate 0

CPU Bullpen Fatigue Rate 0

Batting

User Batting Contact 30

CPU Batting Contact -50

User Batting Power 30

CPU Batting Power -45

User Bunting Ability 5

CPU Bunting Ability -7

User Foul Ball Freq 50

CPU Foul Ball Freq 50

CPU Swing Freq -25

*The hitting (contact/power) looks one sided, but in fact the CPU averages more hits and more hr's per game than I do*

Fielding

User OF Speed (man) 2

User OF Speed (mvp) 2

CPU OF Speed 2

User IF Speed (man) 3

User Throw Speed 0

CPU Throw Speed 0

User Throw Accuracy 0

CPU Throw Accuracy -18

User Catch Errors 4

CPU Catch Errors 4

CPU Catch Effort -15

User Dive Difficulty 0

Running

User Base Running Speed 0

CPU Base Running Speed 0

User Runner Aggression 0

CPU Runner Aggression -7

User Runner Steal Spd 2

CPU Runner Steal Spd 2

User Runner Steal Delay -3

CPU Runner Steal Delay -3

CPU Steal Rate 7

Sorry man, for some reason I can't attach the datafile.

The rest of the first round will be simulated with the accurate lineups and starting pitchers that were slated for that particular day. Doing it this way takes more of the control issue out of my hands other than just manually plaiyng the games. This also allows me to catch up to the real schedule, and play along as soon as I see the real life lineups.

I'm curious to see how this turns out.

Coming up, Game 2 results.

Whats happened to the high quality presentations JR?? :p

I'll be presenting more. I'm finding that in some of these games that I play (and take pics), that I really don't have an interest either way. For example, playing as the Angels vs Boston, I really don't care if I win or not, so I thought I'd sim part of it to take a little of that 'control' out of my hands.

The presentation is really the easy part after you have all the templates made. When this gets to the World Series, I may come up with something completely new and fresh, and simming a few games will give me time to do that.

[align=center]PHILADELPHIA @ MILWAUKEE, GAME 3[/align]

[align=center]October 5, 2008[/align]

[align=center]

*PHILLIES LEAD SERIES, 2-1*[/align]

[align=center]

[/align]

[align=center]PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES[/align]

[align=center]

[/align]

[align=center]MILWAUKEE BREWERS[/align]

[align=center]

[align=center][/align]