MVPMods 2008 Playoffs Simulation

JoeRudi26

How is it possible to play one playoff game without it automatically simulating all the other first round games?

This is how I'm doing it:

I loaded a new season and simmed up until the first round of the playoffs. I use the team changer and MPV Edit to make my rosters accurate, then save under the same dynasty.

After teams, rosters, uni numbers, etc. are correct, I then run the Playoff Creator and choose the 8 teams, home and away, that I want to be in the playoffs.

I save under the same dynasty again.

The first game I played was Los Angeles Dodgers vs Chicago Cubs. I go to the first round of the playoffs, alt tab down, run the Team Changer and choose (in this case) the Chicago Cubs. I alt tab back up, and manually play the game, take the pics, and so on.

Immediately after the game, I go to the box score and run the boxscore extractor, only this time I back out without saving, and not allowing the CPU to simulate any other games.

I repeat these same steps to play the other games, ie, Milwaukee @ Philadelphia, and Boston @ LAA. The only aspect you are losing is the accumulated stats by the CPU, but by running the boxscore extractor you essentially have everything on paper if you want to review it.

In reality, the playoff tree (in my game) is not being filled out, I am manually keeping track.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully the RedSox can take game 1 and go on to sweep the Angels.

Nice TBS presentation as well.

You're getting your wish, rick, going into the bottom of the 9th, and the Angels can't find an uninhabited piece of land. :wink:

I've hit the ball hard all day, but Boston is going to take this one on the road.

To be honest with you i'm kind of disappointed that you chose to play as the Angels instead of the RedSox but for this series i will just have to root for you to lose. :p

By the sounds of things those RedSox are doing a lot better than mine are

Other than the Cubbies, I actually flipped a coin to decide which teams to play with. 8) From what I've seen so far, Philadelphia looks like the team to beat.

Other than the Cubbies, I actually flipped a coin to decide which teams to play with. 8) From what I've seen so far, Philadelphia looks like the team to beat so far.

Okay well that seems fair enough so i won't give you too much of a hard time then if you beat the RedSox :p

Been away for a while but nice to know that I came just in time to follow along with this. I have couple of ideas to pass the time during the off-season, but I can never find the time to actually sit down and work on some templates to present.

One thing is for sure though - I don't think I will ever present a full-season dynasty.

BTW, check your PMs in a bit - got a surprise for you.

Been away for a while but nice to know that I came just in time to follow along with this. I have couple of ideas to pass the time during the off-season, but I can never find the time to actually sit down and work on some templates to present.

One thing is for sure though - I don't think I will ever present a full-season dynasty.

BTW, check your PMs in a bit - got a surprise for you.

Hey V, good to hear from you again. Yeah, presenting a whole season is quite a task, probably something I won't be doing in the near future. I figured I could handle 8 teams in a short setting, so I guess we'll see how it goes.

Man, JoeRudi this is nice! I wanted to do one, except the Mets were the Wild Card team :(

BTW, how did you get the playoff creator to work?

I tried to explain it earlier in the thread. Hopes this helps.

This is how I'm doing it:

I loaded a new season and simmed up until the first round of the playoffs. I use the team changer and MPV Edit to make my rosters accurate, then save under the same dynasty.

After teams, rosters, uni numbers, etc. are correct, I then run the Playoff Creator and choose the 8 teams, home and away, that I want to be in the playoffs.

I save under the same dynasty again.

The first game I played was Los Angeles Dodgers vs Chicago Cubs. I go to the first round of the playoffs, alt tab down, run the Team Changer and choose (in this case) the Chicago Cubs. I alt tab back up, and manually play the game, take the pics, and so on.

Immediately after the game, I go to the box score and run the boxscore extractor, only this time I back out without saving, and not allowing the CPU to simulate any other games.

I repeat these same steps to play the other games, ie, Milwaukee @ Philadelphia, and Boston @ LAA. The only aspect you are losing is the accumulated stats by the CPU, but by running the boxscore extractor you essentially have everything on paper if you want to review it.

In reality, the playoff tree (in my game) is not being filled out, I am manually keeping track.

I haven't seen the thread, so I really can't respond to it. I'm not sure if you've read through any of my dynasty last year, but if you did, you will know that essentially the presentation (Photoshop) was the least important part of the whole dynasty. The game is first and foremost the most important part, maintaining the utmost accuracy and the integrity of the day to day (or game to game) stats, and then I would say the visuals would be next.

But the most important part to me is keeping my word and finishing what I started.

With that said, presenting a dynasty is really an individual creation. How could I ever tell someone else what they 'feel' is the right way to do it?

Either way, I'm going forward and hope the majority of people enjoy following along.

Up next to finish the Oct. 1st games:

Milwaukee @ Philadelphia

Boston @ LAA

I have read through the Cubbies one, and yes it was extremely well done. But I have to say, as a guy who has never really finished one, per say, there are tons of guys in the same boat :lol: But you are one in a million, and I look forward to yours mostly, because of the work you put into it, both in style and info included. Im really looking forward to who makes it through from both sides. I hope its the Brewers, even though I like the Cubbies more.

My previous baseball dynasty had gotten really nasty between a few of us guys and moderators, so I got a week suspension (which was deserved) and the dynasty was deleted. Im glad it was, because it presented me in a light that I am not known for. I am a much better person than that dynasty portrayed me as, and Im glad you didnt see anything from it. I always try to style my dynasties like how you might do it, even though my PS skills suck a$$ :lol: But Im like you, I try to put as much info as I can, until I cant do it anymore. Thats where I run into problems. I burn myself out to early, and thats where the problem lies.

Good luck. Hope you can win game 1.

When you did you Cubs dynasty did you do a home run derby type of thing at the All Star Break?

No I didn't rick, I was going to but decided to sim it instead. I got your pm but unfortunately I didn't make any templates for the All-Star Game. If I had one, I would definitely let you have it.

Are you going to do the derby?

No I didn't rick, I was going to but decided to sim it instead. I got your pm but unfortunately I didn't make any templates for the All-Star Game. If I had one, I would definitely let you have it.

Are you going to do the derby?

No worries about the template. I want to do something on the home run derby but i don't know how i should set it out and where to start. I'm going to get the template started over today and tomorrow because i'm not at home so i can't play any more games till monday and i've only got a three game series before the All Star game so need to get the templates done.

You got any ideas on how i should set out the template?

No worries about the template. I want to do something on the home run derby but i don't know how i should set it out and where to start. I'm going to get the template started over today and tomorrow because i'm not at home so i can't play any more games till monday and i've only got a three game series before the All Star game so need to get the templates done.

You got any ideas on how i should set out the template?

Maybe presenting it with a movie and editing might translate better than just pictures, rick. Basically, the HR Derby would just be pics of guys swinging the bat.

That's how I would probably do it.

Maybe presenting it with a movie and editing might translate better than just pictures, rick. Basically, the HR Derby would just be pics of guys swinging the bat.

That's how I would probably do it.

That was my first idea but for some reason when capturing videos using Fraps it slows the game down to 11 FPS but i don't know why because it worked on my old laptop which is a lot low spec than my desktop

I used to edit mine through Windows Movie Maker, and then speed up the video. It's been so long though, I really don't remember if you would have much control over it. If I remember right, the only option was "double speed", if you know what I mean, and that may or may not be too fast.

Archived