MVPMods 2008 Playoffs Simulation

JoeRudi26

He's mirrored. You can also notice him swinging left handed and the chest logo on the wrong side.

Beautiful presentation BTW. I have started working on the uniforms for my dynasty. I should have at least one preview out tonight.

Got your PM, V. Will do.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, the whole point of the pics I took was too balance out the whole scheme. I flipped him over a couple of times, and then forgot to flip him back. Thanks for the heads up Blades, looks like it's supposed to now.

You got it JR. I had noticed it when i glanced at RS. I was like, huh? hes backwards...lol You fixed that really quick. I have to say, that is great work. I can only imagine what you could do if you got paid to do dynasties...lol It would be like a work of art.

Better you than me, my friend. Better you than me.

Just make sure you abandon the playoffs (or start a new one) towards the end of the LCS to keep in tune with the trend. :D Oh c'mon, I can make a joke, right?

All joking aside, don't you have one going somewhere? Pretty decent if I remember.

Your really pulling out the big guns now :shotgun:

That is beautiful JR.

Hope the game is another great game :pals:

Thanks rick. As you know, these are 7 game series now, and since the White Sox and the Cubs (in my simulation) advanced instead of Tampa Bay and the Dodgers, I'll start optimizing the lineups as best I can to give each team the best chance to compete.

I'll sim some and I'll play some, depending on how much time I have, but either way the game is only 'played' once.

It should be interesting from here on out.

I'd sim the games until a team is 1 game from elimination, and then play as the team that would be eliminated to try to save them - if you win the first game, sim the next one and if they win, play again and swap back and forth - if the lose the first game, well then you don't have to worry about it haha

I think that how you are simming and playing games is good as it takes alot out of your control and it limits the amount of bias that might creep in for more liked teams :)

You're exactly right. As it stands now, if I had my choices I would be pulling for Boston and the Cubs. I'm not a big fan of Ozzie Guillen, and it's not that I don't like Philadelphia, I just like Piniella and the team as a whole.

To avoid being biased, I should play games that AREN'T a win or die situation, but sim the one's that are. For example, I could play games 1 or 2, and possibly sim the rest. I realize ALL games are important, but this seems like the most fair way to do it.

I don't know what I'm going to do quite yet..

Ya know - in an offspring off your idea JR, Imma thinking of pulling a double dynasty (shocking haha) and making a tournament featuring the WORST 8 teams over the past few years haha...I think it would be fun so I may need help later getting a nice presentation - or a bad one in theory haha

Ya know - in an offspring off your idea JR, Imma thinking of pulling a double dynasty (shocking haha) and making a tournament featuring the WORST 8 teams over the past few years haha...I think it would be fun so I may need help later getting a nice presentation - or a bad one in theory haha

Haha, excellent idea. Take the 8 worst teams of this year, and pit them together in the playoffs.

I'm taking Seattle over the Nats in 7!! :D

I didn't catch how the games were being played/simmed. Here's an idea/format I'd think about ...

G1 - Play as favorite

G2 - Sim

G3 - Play as underdog

G4 - Sim

G5 - Play as favorite

G6 - sim

G7 - play as underdog

I would think that there'd be some "pressure" being the underdog in G7, if it would get that far.

If the favorite couldn't put away the underdog in 6 games, the they'd deserve whatever happened in game 7.

Of course when playing as the Cubs you'd need to turn "user ball rate" and "user errors" way UP. Har Har.

I haven't had any kind of format so far, and if I remember right, I only played one game with the Cubs and simmed the rest. I honestly don't care who wins, I think it was just kind of interesting to start out with the actual teams and rosters to see how it panned out. I still have the save, so I may sim it without saving once just to see what happens.

As far as presenting it, I like CC11's ideas too. Thanks for all the input, you guys have given me some different perspectives to try this from.

Is there a way you can this to download ? I would love to play your playoff games ..

Not really sure, I have the save with the original 8 teams if that's what you mean, but I'm really not sure which file it would be in the game. If anyone knows, I'd be glad to upload it.

[align=center]NATIONAL LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES[/align]

[align=center]~~~Simmed~~~[/align]

[align=center]-------------------------------------------------------------------------[/align]

[align=center]PHILADELPHIA vs CHICAGO CUBS - Game 1

(October 10, 2008 ~ Wrigley Field)

**Cole Hamels vs Carlos Zambrano**

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Philadelphia---- 3/10/0

Chicago ------- 1/6/0

Hamels - Win

Zambrano - Loss

Eyre - S

Victorino - MVP (3-3, HR, RBI)

**PHILADELPHIA LEADS SERIES, 1-0**[/align]

[align=center]AMERICAN LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES[/align]

[align=center]-------------------------------------------------------------------------[/align]

[align=center]BOSTON RED SOX vs CHICAGO WHITE SOX - Game 1

(October 10, 2008 ~ US Cellular Field)

**Josh Beckett vs Mark Beuhrle**

Chicago WS--- 6/11/0

Boston----- 2/6/0

Beuhrle - Win

Beckett- Loss

Dotel - S

Pierzynski - MVP (3-5, 2 HR, 3 RBI)

**CHICAGO WS LEADS SERIES, 1-0**[/align]

[align=center]NATIONAL LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES[/align]

[align=center]PHILADELPHIA vs CHICAGO CUBS - Game 2

(October 11, 2008 ~ Wrigley Field)

**Joe Blanton vs Rich Harden**

Philadelphia---- 4/6/2

Chicago ------- 3/5/0

Zagurski - Win

Harden - Loss

Eyre - S (2)

Utley - MVP (2-4, HR, RBI, 2 R)

**PHILADELPHIA LEADS SERIES, 2-0**[/align]

[align=center]AMERICAN LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES[/align]

[align=center]BOSTON RED SOX vs CHICAGO WHITE SOX - Game 2

(October 11, 2008 ~ US Cellular Field)

**Daisuke Matsuzaka vs Gavin Floyd**

Boston----- 6/13/0

Chicago WS--- 4/8/0

Matsuzaka - Win

Floyd- Loss

Jonathan Papelbon - S

Bay - MVP (1-3, HR, 2 RBI)